It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:41 am 

Dear Friends

I would like to share a very bad experience that I recently had with cdguru.com customer service. I ordered HDDCS DVD from them about 4 months ago and I am yet to receive it. The first time they sent it, it turned out to be a wrong version (Videosound), when I had infact ordered a DEI version which was listed specifically on their website. So when I complained they asked me to mail it back at my expense. I did that and then they said, okay, we have sent your replacement DVD, which I never received, so I mailed them, they dint reply, I again mailed them, they again dint reply, so I phoned them and they said ok, we are sending you another replacement dvd. A month later, I still had not received the DVD. So I got very frustrated and mailed them that either get me my DVD in two weeks or refund my money. They never replied my email. So the only alternative that was left everytime with me was to phone them and so did I this time. And they said, okay we will refund your credit card in four days, now it's 10 days and they still havent refunded my money. Now I will have to again call them and request a refund.

This whole experience has been extremely frustrating, I guess I am gonna have to serve them a legal notice to refund the cost of dvd. So guys, be cautious, dont buy anything from CDGURU.COM. They've the worst customer service department in the world.

By the way, does anyone know of a source of DEI Version of HDDCS DVD in either UK/USA/CAN? If yes, please let me know on [email]mailto:neurospora@eastlink.ca.[/email] Thank you. I appreciate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:50 am 

splice dont shop from CDGURU.com I had a problem some 2 years back when I stopped buying from there.

You can call Afzal @ IW (203-699-9105)

or you can try Nehaflix (http://www.nehaflix.com)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 3:07 am 

Well, no USA shops have this DVD, they only hold the Videosound version. I guess I will have to buy one from a UK store.

spliceosome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:11 am 

spliceosome wrote:
Well, no USA shops have this DVD, they only hold the Videosound version. I guess I will have to buy one from a UK store.

spliceosome

Duh... splice !
They dont have this version OFFICIALLY... but unofficially they should have it... All you've got to do is ask !.. Thats why I gave you the number of Afzal... You can either call him up or e-mail him at
service@indiaweekly.com and ask him for this version of the DVD only ! He will get it for it.. even though it may take sometime ! One more dvd you can ask him to get for you would be the SPARK version of FIZA (which was authored by DEI)

Ppl who shop regularly @ Nehaflix can help you with that store. I am not familiar with them hence cant help you with them !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:27 am 

oh, I actually just ordered it from Indiancdstore.com, it was a good price of 14.99 but the shipping is a little bit expensive. I paid 5 bucks for shipping. Thanks for the information anyways. I will remember it henceforth while ordering stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:31 am 

Yes IndianCdStore is also good.. Just e-mail Sateesh @ Indiancdstore to ensure that he sends you the DEI version only !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:02 am 

had a similar experience with CDGURU.COM last year...this is the email i had sent after receiving my order...

Quote:
I have just received my order (#30089) in the mail.
ONE OF MY ORDERS WAS CLEARLY THE DEVDAS (1976 version)
DVD, BUT THE ORDER I JUST RECEIVED [PRATICALLY 1 MONTH
AFTER I PLACED IT] CONTAINED THE DEVDAS (2002) CD. Now
tell me, what the hell am i supposed to do with this
CD? AND, where is the DIL HAI TUMHAARA CD? One month,
and it's still pending? I want a full refund on this,
you people have the worst service I have ever seen.

the reply...

Quote:
Dear Mr. Khan,
This order has come to my attention and I am extremely
sorry about the problems in processing your order. To remedy the matter, I have instructed Customer Service to issue you a full refund. I have also instructed them to send you the Devdas DVD as asmall gesture on our part.

Once again, I'm deeply embarassed by the service you
have received, and will make the necessary changes to improve our service.

With Best Regards,
Manan Bhansali
Operating officer / Indiasound Ltd.

grateful for the refund and the courteous email...

the next time i ordered from them was Oct. 25th (the order was placed then)...November came around and still no sign of my order, over that period of time i had emailed them at least 5 times asking what the status of my order was...Nov. 7th, i received this email...

Quote:
Please accept our apologies for the delay in dispatching your order. Unfortunately, due to technical problems your order is currently still in process. We endevour to ship it as soon as possible. Once again, we apologise for the delay.

Regards,

Customer Service
customerservice@cdguru.com

two weeks later, i received my order...to this day i have not ordered from them and i don't plan on ordering from them in the future...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:16 pm 

I had ordered, mainly, CDs , I ordered from them occasionally, delayed, quite a bit, and on calling, was sent replacement right away, with an advise to keep the other /original with courtesy!!

My humble, limited experience has been satisfactory enough, with good customer service responce!!Yhey have prob, not having a US office/distributor delaying, US/Canada stuff!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:04 am 

Well, I only have had bad experience with them so far. Today was probably 15th time that I phoned their customer service in uk, and got similar response, yeah ok, we're processing your refund, blah blah blah. Then I asked her if I could talk to the store manager, she explained things to storemanager and came back and said, ok we will process your refund today. I said, can I talk to the store manager? She said he's busy; apparantly he did not want to attend my call. I cant imagine these people have such a ridiculous service, I mean common guys, I am making 15 phone calls to them in a span of 4 months and neither do they supply me the dvds nor can they refund my money.

Further, I asked her if customer service ever regularly watch the zulm.net forums, and she replied yes, we sometimes do, I said well, go and see whats happening to your reputation. And she dint give a damn.

THESE PEOPLE SUCK BIG TIME. THEY'VE NO COURTESY FOR A CUSTOMER. I dont even know if they'll return my money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:21 am 

spliceosome wrote:
Well, I only have had bad experience with them so far. Today was probably 15th time that I phoned their customer service in uk, and got similar response, yeah ok, we're processing your refund, blah blah blah. Then I asked her if I could talk to the store manager, she explained things to storemanager and came back and said, ok we will process your refund today. I said, can I talk to the store manager? She said he's busy; apparantly he did not want to attend my call. I cant imagine these people have such a ridiculous service, I mean common guys, I am making 15 phone calls to them in a span of 4 months and neither do they supply me the dvds nor can they refund my money.

Further, I asked her if customer service ever regularly watch the zulm.net forums, and she replied yes, we sometimes do, I said well, go and see whats happening to your reputation. And she dint give a damn.

THESE PEOPLE SUCK BIG TIME. THEY'VE NO COURTESY FOR A CUSTOMER. I dont even know if they'll return my money.

spliceosome... file a "disputed charge" with ur credit card company ! and that should solve the problem !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:54 am 

musafir02 wrote:
the next time i ordered from them was Oct. 25th

My birthday.. :p :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:53 pm 

Well well, let me guys tell u another story about cdguru.
I placed an order, never received the stuff of coz, they were sayin that they gonna gimme my money back, of coz never did.
Anyways, that was a year ago. So one day I checked my emails and...well see for urself

Zitat von customerservice@cdguru.com

>
> Dear xxxxx xxxxx,
>
> Your Order has been confirmed. Your payment has been received.
>
> Your Order Number: xxxxxxxx
> Title Format Qty Price=20
> Taal DVD 1 $ 17.99=20

My reply

Hi

as usual you guys seem not to be able to handle ur job, you should seriously consider shuttin ur website down, cause basically u SUCK, plain and simple!!!
I wonder how so less intelligence is able to even run a shop like that, well basically u dont run it, do you? You just take the money from ppl and u MIGHT send them the article. And for the case that you're not able to pack a DVD/CD you guys still keep the money.

Keep it up like that, money rules, #### humanity

xxxxx

P.S. BTW, If u havent noticed my name is not xxxxx and it sure isnt xxxxx ....Nahh, now you noticed it too, didnt you? Do I have to say more?