It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:33 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:04 am 

just wanted to know if anyone has come across this problem with your aks dvd? the first 20minutes of the dvd works fine but then for no reason the video pauses & i am not able to see the rest of the video after that.

is this a problem with the dvd itself or my dvd player? any help would be appreciated.

Edited By Khiladi on 1035954729

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:23 am 

I'm not able to see the video on most of the film.......oh hang on, that's because a lot of the film is dark, and Eros screwed up the DVD big time :angry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:40 pm 

[Eros screwed up the DVD big time ] :angry:

I think bhaskar it is an UNDERSTATEMENT!

""EROS F*ed UP this dvd""will be more aproprriate!imho!

BTW! still loking for 2 disc version, with better sound of this film? :baaa: :oo:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:16 am 

arsh wrote:

BTW! still loking for 2 disc version, with better sound of this film? :baaa: :oo:

Arsh bhai, I'm trying to cut down on my swearing.... :p

As for the two disc set, fine, it has true 5.1 sound, but whats the point when you can barely see a thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 9:50 pm 

arsh wrote:

That too is an understatement arsh bhai
Knowing the number of dark scenes in such a dark film, DEI is the only company that could have done proper justice to such a film on DVD.

Edited By DVD Collector on 1036533028

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:35 pm 

I bought the Aks DVD (by Eros) single-disc version. The movie plays through okay for about the first hour (although it looks pretty squeezed, everyone appears too wide), and then it keeps freezing throughout till the end (and especially violently towards it). Eros said they couldn't help me out in any way. Down with Eros!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:36 pm 

Possibility of a new Aks DVD? Excerpt from the Rediff interview with Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra:

While Aks was undeniably groundbreaking in several ways, notably the slickness in production and the soundtrack, most of us who liked the film were also rather let down by parts that seemed oversimplified and dumbed-down.

That has to do with the screenplay. We could definitely do with a stronger screenplay for Aks, no question about that. I suppose you should have given it a little more time to sink in, and we should have given it a little more time before releasing it. It needed to have been edited right. Apparently, the film apparently works well for home viewing, and the VCDs and DVDs have been selling like hot cakes.

What about a re-edit, like a Director's Cut, on DVD?

Yes, I intend to do that. Now that five years have gone by, it is the right time for something like that. I have an opportunity, because of today's technology and [the advent of] home viewing, to keep the film alive. And hopefully, we will still be able to look back on Aks in ten years and appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:18 pm 

Great film; phenomenal Amitabh Bachchan (and that's saying a lot). Too bad none of the DVDs you'll get will work. If the menu doesn't freeze (that is, if the menu ever loads, so only to likely freeze), the film will stop working about half-way through (having gotten very jerky after about a half hour). I've not ever seen the 2-disc edition for sale, but the single-discs I have had the displeasure of experiencing, feature near-mono sound, accompanied by a disturbingly bad (cropped, then squeezed) picture, altogether too dark and soft to be appreciated. It's sick, as the song sequences in the "song menu" look great; what a let-down when you actually see the songs in-film. Eros will never refund your money or help you in any way, if you don't buy directly from them, becuase they are a bunch of fucking thieves, who know that they've released a sub-shit product. "Fight piracy: buy original DVDs"? Why the hell should I, when these are the "originals"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:46 am 

Well, Aks, whatever, Dvd was dark, bad by eros in addition bad sound, followed by sonne pe suhaga..bomb dvd.

They came out with 2 disc edition, that onli ali and may be few others got.

I was bitten twice by unplayable AKS dvd by Eros...that they claimed is one with 5.1 and making..but Nada!! My FOOT!

Finally..I was able to acquire from a dear friend, whose copy worked, had 5.1 but no making??? How come? dont ask me.

But bottom line if you want to watch Aks it should be 5.1 or do not watch.

or till then wait for director's cut HDDVD courtesy to OM PARKASH MEHRA JI, who might get his second flop very soon :roll:

But Rang De will most likely have good dvd if UTV remain in senses till then :roll: :?: :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:12 am 

Well, if the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray release of Aks is excellent, it might just be the first film of the format that I buy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:56 pm 

Commando303 wrote:
Well, if the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray release of Aks is excellent, it might just be the first film of the format that I buy.

Sure!! 8) If it will work :lol: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:46 pm 

Hey, Arsh, watch it! I don't want you jinxing this release before it even goes into the works. Hell, if Eros is behind the wheel, you just know it's be a train wreck...a high-definition train wreck with pseudo-surround sound.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:20 pm 

Commando303 wrote:

If DVD makers put two and two together, from what you said in another thread

"that you will not spend money buying a HD DVD if you already own a semidecent SD DVD"

and here you say

"that if AKS HD DVD is released, you might buy because existing SD DVDs are substandard and don't play any more"

Then, they sure will keep on marketting sub standard SD DVDs on time bomb media, so that they can make more money from you/ us selling HD DVDs??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:32 am 

I still stand by what I said: I will not pay a lot to buy an HD-DVD if I own an acceptable DVD copy (I never said "semi-decent"). Have you seenthe Aks DVD? It's not acceptable; it doesn't even work. I think Eros has, indeed, recently stepped up its game, which seems, to me, a bit like a "screw you," as people are probably going to go a bit nuts for HD-DVD, anyway. Hell, all Eros might be out to do now, is convince people that they can make quality products, so to gain consumer confidence in the path leading to the next format; once HD arrives, though, it's likely that "HD Eros" will, again, be shit. I hope that's not the case, but it just might be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:35 am 

I personally do not think Bollywood companies like EROS would make the transition to Hi-def/blueray DVDs, as they simply cannot afford the costs. They barley can afford the cost of doing a decent DVD. Maybe after 2 - 3 years they may decide to go ahead because of its growing popularity. However, this is also doubtful. Personally, I think Hi-def/blueray DVDs will be solely for the home cinema/game enthusiasts and will be a key niche market, as the laserdisc was. DVDs will remain the pre-dominate force of the home-video market, which will have a life-long span similar to the VHS.

Deep down in my heart I would like to be proven wrong :) Only time will tell….