It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:30 pm 

BEI print looks better. Sharper. Color is ok, not washed out. Looked at shemaroo screenshots, print is softer and possibly the reason the colour looks slightly better than BEI. overall print looks better with BEI. not sure about cropping. but doesn't make sense why BEi going backward in techniques rather than forward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:03 pm 

shuman wrote:
BEI print looks better. Sharper. Color is ok, not washed out. Looked at shemaroo screenshots, print is softer and possibly the reason the colour looks slightly better than BEI. overall print looks better with BEI. not sure about cropping. but doesn't make sense why BEi going backward in techniques rather than forward.

Just to keep our beloved Mr Bond company and keep him happy :lol: :wink:

Looks like dvdunlimited bhaii is so happy with sadma that he forgot to return our pms too :lol: :wink: :?: :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:22 pm 

arsh wrote:
shuman wrote:

Looks like dvdunlimited bhaii is so happy with sadma that he forgot to return our pms too :lol: :wink: :?: :idea:

Yes, BEI print definitely looks better than Shemaroo.

arsh bhai, sorry i didnt login to check PM in two days. Sorry. I will reply to you later with the details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:20 pm 

arsh wrote:
shuman wrote:

It's not about keeping me happy miyan! :lol: Rather we just cannot afford having you peed off we might lose your invaluable contributions to this here forum and not to forget our education! :wink:

And DU whats up with the double pricing? now it's really BRIBE and prejudice I should say! :P Since I live across the river from you can I order by phone? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:04 pm 

JamesBond007 wrote:
And DU whats up with the double pricing? now it's really BRIBE and prejudice I should say! :P Since I live across the river from you can I order by phone? :lol: [/color]

The offer (dbl pricing!) is for everyone, not just Arsh. If you are in NY, you will be able to find this for $5-$7 in jackson heights, and save some shipping (if you live near jackson heights).

Folks from canada, how long it normally takes for Global Priority to reach Canada. In my experience, it usually reaches in 4 to 5 business days, but couple of orders are still stuck, one for almost 15 days and another for a week! Both are zulmni's and I am in trouble now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:13 pm 

In my experience post from US to Canada is very slow vs Canada to US!

or Blame on Katrina now! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:18 pm 

Quote:
(if you live near jackson heights).

Used to! Now in the Bronx, and I don't see myself paying $7.00 in tolls for a $5. movie! :lol:

arsh still waiting to hear what else is wrong with this transfer! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:25 pm 

JamesBond007 wrote:
Quote:

Used to! Now in the Bronx, and I don't see myself paying $7.00 in tolls for a $5. movie! :lol:

and $3/gallon gas. Its insane. They just increased from 2.42 to 2.52 to 2.69 to 2.99 in last 2 weeks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:52 pm 

dvdunlimited wrote:
JamesBond007 wrote:
Quote:

and $3/gallon gas. Its insane. They just increased from 2.42 to 2.52 to 2.69 to 2.99 in last 2 weeks...

You're still lucky in NJ. It jumped overnight yesterday from $2.79 reg to $3.59 here and expecting to go up more! :( Go figure! Now back to Sadma hope you are not planning to jump your price! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:31 pm 

DragunR2 wrote:
A question about the movie: Do people really act like 10 year olds like Sridevi did in her situation? That part seemed kind of farfetched to me.

The last scene with the train is very touching and sad.

Yes - In theory it is possible for grownups to un-wind themselves, in fact one of the symptoms of aging is that old people start acting like children (something that i personally saw with my grandfather)

As for Sridevi's character - its more in terms of memory loss as if she forgot that she grew up!. I always felt the title of the movie (Moondram Pirai - what does it really mean?) has some clues on the director’s intent.

To me looking back the whole movie felt like a dream - its setup suddenly changes ( irrespective of the rationale given) from urban Madras to dreamy Otty where characters just seem to live up their dreams. Who doesn’t want to be a child again and who doesn’t want to be with a beautiful girl in a place like Ooty ! . Hence the story of Kamal/Sridevi – the dreams they share in another “life” as mere “memories”. The end pretty much brings us back to reality signified by the train ( a machine – a reality vehicle) leaving Ooty ( the dream land) while Kamal tries his best to 'hold-on' to his dream. Another example is the character of Silk Smitha ( the sex-kitten) , some people seem to write-her-away in the movie – I think it is a very important role, to me it represents the “sexual tension” between Kamal and Sri Devi, something that cannot be expressed and has to remain subtle and hence the character of Silk Smitha. The scenes setup and mood of the film ( IR shines here) is no mere coincidence, at least I don’t think so - Balu Mahendra ( the director) is a much smarter person than that !

Perhaps I am dreaming all this up - who knows! , anyways thumps way-way up from me for the movie and thumps down for all versions of the DVD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:35 pm 

Way to go dvdsoil! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:15 pm 

dvdunlimited wrote:
JamesBond007 wrote:
Quote:

we've BEEN payin about $3/gallon. analysts predict as early as september (I guess later this month) gas prices will increase to $6/gallon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:01 am 

Moondram Pirai = 3rd birth?

Interesting take on the film, dvdisoil. I've only seen Sadma once, haven't seen MP yet. I will revisit this film eventually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:17 am 

Yuvan wrote:
dvdunlimited wrote:
JamesBond007 wrote:
Quote:

we've BEEN payin about $3/gallon. analysts predict as early as september (I guess later this month) gas prices will increase to $6/gallon.

Its already $6 a gal in the Mid West States since yesterday, so much for the analysts. Problem is we ran out of gas! All the refineries and storage facilities are down South and no way to measure the quantities cause all the dip sticks are in Washington! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:01 am 

Sadma par Sadma!I guess! :cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next