It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:25 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 4:06 am 

[B] I ordered a couple of dvd's and vhs from this store. I got a defective VHS of the tamil movie Thenali in my order which I returned back to them via media mail with delivery confirmation third week of Nov which they have received ( i checked the delivery confirmation at USPS.com). I have sent about 20 emails to them asking them about the exchange or a refund and still have not got an answer from them. The dvd only cost $6.99. I am going to contact my credit card company and file for a credit. But it is so disappointing to see that they dont give a damn about their customers . I would advise you guys to go nowhere near this store.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 5:09 am 

Someone should file a case against these ppl.
I made a purchase from their store ...1 Bengali and 1 Telugu Cd... Feb 2002... Till todat (Dec 2002() those items havent been shipped... No one responded to my e-mails and I have made sure that I will never make any purchases from that site..
So if you folks are considering buying anything from them... Please do not do so... They are a bunch of Crooks and cheats ! :angry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 11:13 pm 

monizam wrote:
need to be a little patient...seems that these internet companies with exception to indiaweekly.com has no staff but the owners who are just too busy to answer emails..my view of them are that they put their wares up for sale and we must buy regardless....this is sorry because we do have a choice...unfortunately we do not do as they do..we just hope that they do respond..
i did have problems with indiaweekly but it was nobody's fault.it is just that i expect too much from them..know a company's policy before you gripe....this will save a lot of problems..

Monizam... :oh: Patience ? I think... Feb. 2002 and Dec 2002... is a looooooooooong time indeed :)

As for your comments abt desi dvd stores being understaffed I will concur with that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:08 am 

Comeon guys, THEMAHAL.COM is one of the best online retailer out there. I always buy tamil, and malayalam movies from them, and they have a very fast shipping process through FEDEX. They will even provide u with a tracking number, and they always ship the movies the next day.

http://www.themahal.com is one of my personal favorite for buying tamil, and malayalam movies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:07 pm 

I used to buy from themahal.com when they had free shipping on purchases of $30 or more, for about 3 years now. One time however, they took 1 month to send some DVDs. I emailed them over and over and no reply. That really pissed me off!!! Now that free shipping is changed to purchases over $50, there is no incentive to buy from them anyways. Even though their shipping is fairly quick, the customer service is horrible. So now they are on my TRASH list.

I avoid this store and choose Anytamil.com due to better prices and better customer service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:04 am 

I ordered 4 tamil movies from The mahal on 7 th or 8th of this month. Today is 12, and it was on my desk when i went to work at 10am. That is some service they provided.

I ordered 2 tamil movies from anytamil.com (my first order) on DEC 26, 2004. Today is January 12, 2004, and still haven't recieved the product. BTW they only send me one movie, one is still on back order.

I contacted anytamil.com, and the owner send me a reply, and asked me to wait untill tomorrow. Lets see what happens tomorrow.

If u are buying 3 or more TAMIL DVDs, MY SUGGESTION IS to go with http://www.themahal.com. The fastest online service provider I ever experienced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:55 pm 

Seeing your feedback I had the courage to go back to themahal.com and place an order. I got the dvds in 3 days. Hope they keep doing this as the tamil movie prices are pretty low in their site when compared to the others.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:12 pm 

for tamil dvd, i will recomend to try dvdunlimited guy's store, they seem to have good variety , newer titles, orig stuff and good administration..pls keep us posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:56 am 

arsh wrote:
for tamil dvd, i will recomend to try dvdunlimited guy's store, they seem to have good variety , newer titles, orig stuff and good administration..pls keep us posted.

I bought Kaaka Kaaka from them and they had it before any other retailer I saw online. They have free shipping, but their DVDs are $18.99, compared to themahal's $15.99 for Ayngaran DVDs and $5.50 domestic UPS Ground/US Mail shipping for orders under $50 (orders over $50 are shipped free), so themahal seems to be better for larger orders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:48 am 

Mr Arsh

Thanks for your support and referring us.

Mr DragunR2, With respect to price, we do give attractive prices for pre-orders [Kakka Kakka was 17.99 with free shipping, Virumandi is 17.50 with free shipping]. There are some factors which we need to consider while pricing the DVD and TheMahal.com doesn't know. Thats why he is financially struggling. TheMahal.com will not have any more new movies.

Thanks
DVDUnlimitedOnline.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:13 am 

Quote:
TheMahal.com doesn't know. Thats why he is financially struggling

Egad! I am astound! This sort of thing is called libel. :cry: :roll:
May have an impact on Mr Arsh referrals :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:46 pm 

I bought three tamil movies from dvd unlimited.com. Eventhough their movies cost more, their service is very good. Shipping was free, and they gave me a call when the package was left at the Postoffice. Very impressed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:26 am 

How about the lip service? :P :lol: