It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:30 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:48 pm 

has anyone tried this????

http://www.bollywoodarts.com/gigantic_dvd_sale.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:26 pm 

Ahh good ol' Atlantic Video, the chors of Video in the late 80s and early 90's in the U.S.. I was shocked to read on their website they stopped carrying VHS, I wonder who has the rights to a lot of their films that were released on video from the 80s that aren't on DVD? A lot of MITHUN and GOVINDA starrers from the 80s have yet to get a DVD release (2 in particular are JEETE HAIN SHAAN SE and ILZAAM). Anyone have any clue if BEI or EROS have rights to these 2 films or any other 80s Mithun or Govinda starrers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:07 pm 

i am assuming either sky brand or some other crap brand that deals with lot of oldies with poor sound quality and picture...hey i was wondering, if u purchase a video brand like eros, videosound etc., and they come out to be defective, instead of returning to the place where i purchased, do these guys take it back??? cause me and i am sure many of u out there have problem with video sound dvd....i bought dattak dvd and that thing freezes in the middle...i did the exchange and same thing.....its the manufactures fault....so if any of u out there have done this, please post somethin...cause i got a lot of dvds that i would like to return to videosound, which dont work right :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:41 pm 

I e-mailed Video Sound ages ago about their discs - they started off telling me that all their DVDs were really good quality, even VHS quality stuff like Deewanapan and Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein. They then tried to tell me that the DVDs that froze were pirates, and asked me where I got them from. Eventually, they said if I send the DVDs back to them, they will replace them for me......by which point I was so fed up, I couldn't be bothered. I posted those e-mails on the forums - search and you shall find!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:51 pm 

VS were really COURTEOUS to my NEED! and advised to get it replaced from the ONLINE RETAILERS I bought it from..stating that they have deal with them, to replace defective one!!

I had problems with 2 only..as I dont buy/trust vs dvds any ways.. :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:30 am 

i gave up hope on video sound also....i get my dvds from nehaflix and indiaweekly, they cant be pirated....even if there are pirated ones, the ones i got are certainly not....neha even send me another dvd, but the result is the same....i figured its the manufacturers fault....plus i was freakin loosing money for sending back and fourth, which i basically paid a lot more than the dvd....i rather go buy an english dvd unless the particular movie i want is in a good brand such as dei, or bei, eros whatever.....