It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:46 pm 

1. I have read some reviews that the anamorphic Video Sound DVD of NAYAK states it has English subtitles on the DVD cover, but don't work. Can anyone confirm that on their Video Sound NAYAK DVD that the English subtitles do work? Does anyone know that it was a problem with the first batch of Video Sound DVDs, and then they fixed it with newer batches??

2. Can someone confirm the existence of an anamorphic Tamil DVD of INDIAN? (and if it has english subtitles) Is there one that exists? Or INDIAN is only available on Hindi non-anamorphic DVD? There is an INDIAN DVD being sold at http://www.dvdunlimitedonline.com, but there is no picture and no info about the DVD specs, so I can't tell if that's the Tamil DVD release. If there is an anamorphic DVD of INDIAN with English subtitles, can someone tell me the online store to buy it from?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:24 pm 

toddly6666 wrote:
There is an INDIAN DVD being sold at http://www.dvdunlimitedonline.com, but there is no picture and no info about the DVD specs, so I can't tell if that's the Tamil DVD release. If there is an anamorphic DVD of INDIAN with English subtitles, can someone tell me the online store to buy it from?

Its a tamil DVD by Ayngaran with english subtitles. I will upload the pictures and SS tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:27 pm 

DVDUNLIMITED,

So is this INDIAN dvd anamorphic as well?

I have also heard of rumors of a Tamil DVD of Dil Se that is anamorphic. Is this true as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:16 pm 

These threads might help you

http://zulm.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t= ... highlight=

( it appears the new INDIAN DVD from ayngaran is the one to get )

http://zulm.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7991&highlight=

so it appears Dil-Se ( tamil version ) is Anamorphic - i cant confirm it cause i dont own it "yet", perhaps someone else can weigh in on that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

dvdisoil wrote:
so it appears Dil-Se ( tamil version ) is Anamorphic - i cant confirm it cause i dont own it "yet", perhaps someone else can weigh in on that

Dil Se/Uyire;

http://www.zulm.net/modules.php?op=modl ... e=&order=0

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:12 pm 

wow, I didn't even think of a Tamil title for Dil Se - after all these years, the good dvd version was under my nose the whole time!

This is what I love about collecting Bollywood DVDs. It makes it fun searching the many DVD versions of one movie.

I'm psyched about a Tamil dubbed Dil Se! Although I like the two actors, any dubbing should be better than Sharukhan's voice and Pretty Zinta's lisp...Are the songs dubbed in Tamil too?

DVDUNLIMITED, I just ordered the Tamil DVDs of INDIAN and UYIRE (Dil Se). Thanks for everyone's help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:38 pm 

ali wrote:
dvdisoil wrote:

Dil Se/Uyire;

http://www.zulm.net/modules.php?op=modl ... e=&order=0

Ali

full size screen shots again here:

http://zulm.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t= ... ight=uyire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:42 pm 

DVDUNLIMITED,

I just want to confirm that I ordered the ANAMORPHIC newer version of INDIAN? I don't want no old non-anamorphic DVD version! haha...

It's a real shame that the marketing dept. of the Tamil DVD of INDIAN messed up the covers since it's impossible to tell that the newer INDIAN DVD has DTS audio and ANAMORPHIC Video. That's like the most important thing to know when buying a dvd!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:53 pm 

Im still waiting for someone to confirm if the English subtitles work on the NAYAK anamorphic Video Sound DVD?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:25 pm 
Site Admin

Subtitles didn't work on the DVD I had, not sure my copy is at the moment so can't check, sorry.

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:01 pm 

toddly6666 wrote:
Im still waiting for someone to confirm if the English subtitles work on the NAYAK anamorphic Video Sound DVD?

Yes

In my experience so far, I havent encountered a single Hindi/Tamil DVD that doesnt have subtitles (I am talking about original DVDs)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:08 pm 

dvdunlimited wrote:
In my experience so far, I havent encountered a single Hindi/Tamil DVD that doesnt have subtitles (I am talking about original DVDs)

The early EVP Hindi DVDs do not have subtitles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:32 pm 

dvdunlimited wrote:
toddly6666 wrote:

Yes

There were lots of Real Original DVDs (a few yrs back) that didn't have English or any other subtitles and were Progressive, as well as superior, to the Newer Original (copies really) versions that turned interlaced when subtitles were added (this includes EVP Hindi titles).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:21 pm 

rana wrote:
dvdunlimited wrote:
toddly6666 wrote:

Yes

There were lots of Real Original DVDs (a few yrs back) that didn't have English or any other subtitles and were Progressive, as well as superior, to the Newer Original (copies really) versions that turned interlaced when subtitles were added (this includes EVP Hindi titles).

Rana!! Do you have Shemaroo Nayak? I thought that did have 5.1 sound too?