It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:56 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:17 am 

DON (2006) 3-Disc Steelbook Limited Edition released by T-Series in India!

2 dvds + 1 audio cd of selected songs from dil chahta hai and don...

The pack looks niice!

I'm sure a regular edition will be released too soon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:21 am 

Do you have any photos?

Post subject: noted
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:23 pm 

Scottish_NRI wrote:
Do you have any photos?
will try to take some pics and post them...

This is probably the first Bollywood dvd in a steelbook case as far as I can remember.

Cheers T-Series!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:53 pm 

oooooh show us show us

Where can we UK ppl purchase it from? and does it have an annoying T SERIES STAMP?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:01 am 

newdeep do u have screen shots for this version of don? and is it the same pq/aq as utv version? plus does it have the stupid t series logo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:25 am 

I too have the Steel T Series Don DVD. Actually speaking there is no need for SS since its absolutely the same as UTV. But still vil post SS if anybody wants. The only exception is the home page of the DVD menu which is a bit different but thats it. All submenus are probably the same....rather say 'copied' from UTV.

In the opening sequence till the credits roll, there is obvious lip sync problem in the 5.1 track only. U hear the punch kicks and gunshots half a second before it actually shows up on screen. (I have also mentioned this earlier in another thread and asking again) Can anybody tel me if thats a problem on UTV version too?

One advantage on this T series disc is that there is no Logo/watermark of T-series throughout the film that marred the Krrish DVD. A minus is that during the chapter just before interval if u press next, the disc jumps to song chapters. So one needs to manually forward till interval after which its back to nomal as the post interval film begins in another title.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:54 pm 

does it have the frame problem as well like utv does

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:51 am 

Quote:
does it have the frame problem as well like utv does

Yes it does have the same double motion frame problem- same as UTV.

Its so bad that T-series still cant make their own dvd. they have to copy (legally though) from Adlabs(Krrish), UTV(Don)....The only exception I can recall is of Chalte Chalte which was NOT the same as EROS master.

Infact same is the case most films released by Sony BMG in India- all are exact coppies of YRF and other brands from abroad. Eg: KHNH, KKHH, Kaal, Lakshya, DCH etc. I cant figure out whats the point of comparing the two versions anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:37 am 

can anybody post shots of the steelbook case?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:42 pm 

Here are the screenshots from the T-Series SteelBook DVD....taken in WinDVD in Auto mode (for interlace/prog doubt)

.....A Different Main Menu Menu....End of creativity at T-Series' Labs (ie if they have one at all.). :roll:

....Allright.... 8) the DVD is acceptable still.. Quite enjoyable for a casual eye.

Vijay Band!!! Hah!! Band to baja diya DVD ka is gaane ne ...resulting in inability to handle faster shots as seen below. :shock:

As seen above--- the double motion problem resulting in pixellation- Same as UTV

:? .......Could have been greener. ...as was intended by director for that matrix shade. Intead the crapos have given a blue shade everywhere ruining even the minimum green required by the shots.

:lol: Main Hoon 'Blue' Don. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:45 am 

i am not able to find the Utv version,is this T-Series Version worth Getting ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:44 am 

I wud rather not use the words 'worth getting' since it has got its own share of problems but surely, being taken from an HD master this DVD is way better than most of the lot of crappy Indian DVDs out there. The sharpness is a killer.

If u r looking for UTV, its assured- T-Series DVD is the exact replica of UTV. It has got exactly the same pros and cons at exactly the same places as UTV. So u can blindfold- straightaway go for it.

BUT WAIT.........Having Said that, On an extremely personal note, consider these :

1) if and only if u have experienced and enjoyed and wanna re-live the Visual of Movie in its theatrical exhibition;
2) if and only if u dont compulsorily want a 5.1 sound and an excellent 2.0 track is Ok for u;

If the above 2 conditions hold true for u, I wud say, Go for the BOOTLEG DVD. Simply because it has the most accurate color reproduction of its theatrical exhibition. My personal observation is that the UTV has been color coded very differently from the theatrical look of the film.