It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Baazi (Mithun)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:44 pm 

Does anyone know if the film Baazi with Mithun and Rekha has been released on DVD or VCD? Been looking for this for a while, but not been able to find a copy. It was certified for video back in the day by S.A. Video - any idea which modern day company this is?

Post subject: Re: Baazi (Mithun)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:29 am 

bhaskar wrote:
Does anyone know if the film Baazi with Mithun and Rekha has been released on DVD or VCD? Been looking for this for a while, but not been able to find a copy. It was certified for video back in the day by S.A. Video - any idea which modern day company this is?

the film has been released by Priya Video on DVD in a 3in1.... its horrible quality though, its a DVD-5 and is worse than VHS quality....

its also on VCD, although i dont know by which company, heres the link http://www.webmallindia.com/moviesearch ... ZI&id=5520

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:37 pm 

priya and eagle seem to have the same DVD releases.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:27 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
priya and eagle seem to have the same DVD releases.

to be honest, eagle just re-pack the same stuff from other companies and pass it off as their own

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:05 pm 

not quite true.

priya and eagle seemed to be owned by the same family/ friends/ associates. priya has re-released several eagle dvds as is -- same exact transfers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:54 am 

NewDeep wrote:
not quite true.

priya and eagle seemed to be owned by the same family/ friends/ associates. priya has re-released several eagle dvds as is -- same exact transfers.

well, i wasn't aware of their relations..... but i have seen Eagle re-packing several DEI, Eros and Spark DVD's as their own, the menu designs, chapter marks, everything is the same... some examples are DON [DEI], Phool Aur Kaante (Spark) and Mohabbat (Madhuri) by Eros... eagle just repacked them!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:59 am 

evilatik wrote:
NewDeep wrote:
not quite true.

well, i wasn't aware of their relations..... but i have seen Eagle re-packing several DEI, Eros and Spark DVD's as their own, the menu designs, chapter marks, everything is the same... some examples are DON [DEI], Phool Aur Kaante (Spark) and Mohabbat (Madhuri) by Eros... eagle just repacked them!
ok - they copy artwork etc. however, the transfers are different on eagle (and not quite the best, in fact, sometimes quite bad)... right?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:14 pm 

i agree with u,

but i was just pointing out some examples of blatant copying in terms of menu design, chapter marks and even the transfer... check out DON dvd by eagle and you will see exactly what i mean...

but yes, eagle's transfers are 95% of the time, just plain horrible

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:47 pm 

evilatik wrote:
i agree with u,

but i was just pointing out some examples of blatant copying in terms of menu design, chapter marks and even the transfer... check out DON dvd by eagle and you will see exactly what i mean...

but yes, eagle's transfers are 95% of the time, just plain horrible

Maybe they're adapting finally? My old Eagle's do stink if they even were playable. I remember a destroyed edition of Maqbool
but lately i watched (an as great film as Maqbool) Gulaal, and i don't remember any issues with quality there. I don't remember
any watermark on that one (?). Maybe, maybe they will release better stuff now on (maybe)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:02 pm 

HumAapkeHainKoun wrote:
Maybe they're adapting finally? My old Eagle's do stink if they even were playable. I remember a destroyed edition of Maqbool but lately i watched (an as great film as Maqbool) Gulaal, and i don't remember any issues with quality there. I don't remember any watermark on that one (?). Maybe, maybe they will release better stuff now on (maybe)

I am sorry to disagree but the 'Gulaal' DVD was one of the most pathetic DVDs I have seen in the last couple of years. Although I must admit that I have not seen more than a few DVDs in this time since I only revert to watching a DVD if there is no likelihood of a blu-ray release. The audio on the 'Gulaal' DVD was some weird mix in Dolby Digital which had all the dialogue coming from the rear speakers, thus making it impossible to watch the movie with the DD5.1 track. I ended up having to watch the DVD with the 2.0 audio.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:10 pm 

Shots have been posted here time ago:

viewtopic.php?t=9804

Lucky I keep my eye open ;)