It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:22 pm 

I have the Long version of Kaate Na Kate Raina on cd which includes the classical piece before the song and the Jo Main Aisi Jaanta piece. The cd also has the classical piece that Padmini danced to. Anyone interested, let me know. EXCELLENT QUALITY!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:58 am 

mrbrat_Boy wrote:
I have the Long version of Kaate Na Kate Raina on cd which includes the classical piece before the song and the Jo Main Aisi Jaanti piece. The cd also has the classical piece that Padmini danced to. Anyone interested, let me know. EXCELLENT QUALITY!!!

That'll be great. May be, this will ID another missing segment. In the 249 min count, I counted 3 min 33 sec video (3 min 42 sec film time), for this song, in YRF DVD. If this long version of "Kaata Na & Jo Main Aisa Jaanti" audio is longer than 3 min 42 sec, we'll get closer to the orig full 255 min film time.
Could you pl compare this song/ music "point to point" between YRF DVD and your CD and notice any discrepancy.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:06 pm 

Hi Rana

I have checked and its seems the same on the DVD and new Cd that i have, I timed the songs. No extra verses. However if i compare the two audio cd's that i have the song is aroung 1m 58 sec longer that the first audio release.

Check the songs @
http://music.cooltoad.com/music/search.php?user=mrbratboy

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:24 pm 

I downloaded these songs and will compare run time difference as I find my YRF MNJ (can't find at the moment; rental is avail locally).
From my old notes, this song was 3 min 33 sec (3 min 41 sec film time) in YRF DVD and this d-loaded version is good 50 sec longer (Added Later: There is no diff in run time). Depends, where I started counting ??

Last edited by rana on Sun May 24, 2009 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:00 pm 

Compared these 3 clips and there is no diff in run time of audio or video clips. Moreover, these MP3 clips seems to have been sourced from PAL to NTSC converted video as they run at the same speed as YRF DVD (and Shem DVD for the portion that's in) which we know is 4% speed up.

(3 min 33 sec, instead of 4 min 31 sec, is due to selection of different point for time count.)

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:26 pm 

mrbrat_Boy wrote:
Hi Rana

I have checked and its seems the same on the DVD and new Cd that i have, I timed the songs. No extra verses. However if i compare the two audio cd's that i have the song is aroung 1m 58 sec longer that the first audio release.

Check the songs @
http://music.cooltoad.com/music/search.php?user=mrbratboy

Hi - interesting find. It's been a while since I have played this song on the DVD and listening to the tracks that you posted I can see that there is a lot of the original song missing from the DVD. I have the original 2 LP set on vinyl and also the CD of the 2 LP set (including dialogues and full songs from the film.

The CD track is 11 minutes 17 seconds long. Breakdown as follows:

0:00 to 1:00 - Dialogue where Raju speaks to Meena about the two roles that she will be playing on stage (this dialogue is not in the DVD!)
1:00 to 3:24 - Music (different to what was posted at Cooltoad) - this is more of an intro to the actual song rather than the seperate dance piece that is in the DVD
3:25 to 4:29 - This is the intro music as in the DVD
4:30 to 5:30 - Jo main aisa jaanti ... (as in DVD)
5:30 to 6:44 - Kaate na katai raina start of Asha's part (as in DVD)
6:45 to 7:24 - Manna Dey sings 'Tumhare waadai ...' (as in DVD)
7:25 to 8:34 - Asha sings 'Chanda hasai aakaash mein ... followed by music (NOT in DVD)
8:35 to 9.12 - Manna Dey sings 'Guzar chukee hain yeh raat aadhi ...' (NOT in DVD)
9.13 to 10:00 - Asha sings 'Kahai shaam se jalta diya ...' and the song runs to the end if the DVD version (as in DVD)
10.01 - 11.17 - More dance music and Asha's alaap (NOT in DVD)

This last part is such an amazing composition - I wonder if it was ever filmed and chopped up later or if it was never filmed?

On another note - I now can see that the song Ang Lag Ja Balma is also pretty badly chopped up in the DVD!

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:40 pm 

Muz, you did it.

You found the last of the missing portions that now makes the full 255 min orig Mera Naam Joker.

Congratulations and full credit to Muz.

Muz wrote:
mrbrat_Boy wrote:

0:00 to 1:00 - Dialogue where Raju speaks to Meena about the two roles that she will be playing on stage (this dialogue is not in the DVD!)
1:00 to 3:24 - Music (different to what was posted at Cooltoad) - this is more of an intro to the actual song rather than the seperate dance piece that is in the DVD

I guess you are referring to classical piece @ cooltoad ?? This one is not the intro music to "Kaate Na/ Jo Main Aisa Janti" song but is for a segment that's much later in the film. It's the stage dance where Rajinder Kumar is in the audience.

Muz wrote:
The CD track is 11 minutes 17 seconds long. Breakdown as follows:

3:25 to 4:29 - This is the intro music as in the DVD
4:30 to 5:30 - Jo main aisa jaanti ... (as in DVD)
5:30 to 6:44 - Kaate na katai raina start of Asha's part (as in DVD)
6:45 to 7:24 - Manna Dey sings 'Tumhare waadai ...' (as in DVD)
7:25 to 8:34 - Asha sings 'Chanda hasai aakaash mein ... followed by music (NOT in DVD)
8:35 to 9.12 - Manna Dey sings 'Guzar chukee hain yeh raat aadhi ...' (NOT in DVD)

9.13 to 10:00 - Asha sings 'Kahai shaam se jalta diya ...' and the song runs to the end if the DVD version (as in DVD)
10.01 - 11.17 - More dance music and Asha's alaap (NOT in DVD)

This last part is such an amazing composition - I wonder if it was ever filmed and chopped up later or if it was never filmed?

On another note - I now can see that the song Ang Lag Ja Balma is also pretty badly chopped up in the DVD!

New found: 0:00 to 3:24, 7:25 to 9:12, 10:01 to 11:17 = 6 min 16 sec (as it's from orig LP/ CD, there is no 4% speed shift)

Total MNJ Joker run time as identified by now = 249 min found earlier plus this 6 min 16 sec = 255 min.

I'll be interested in comparing "Ang Lag Ja" song as well.

(This post added in p 4 post that counts the full 255 min of Mera Naam Joker.)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4457&p=82610#p82610

Last edited by rana on Sun May 24, 2009 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:12 pm 

great Stuff Muz and Rana

What a wonderful read, Gosh, the original song is 11 min long, is there any chance of us hearing such masterpieces, am very much into bollywood classical music. SJ were honestly excellent. Even in Amrapali, the dabce muqabala was so well composed.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:24 pm 

Hey - the song Ang lag ja balma is about 9 minutes 25 Seconds long (including a long musical intro). There is at least 1 extra verse and a lot of extra music in the song. Now that I am watching the DVD again the song seems really short (about 5 mins).

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:31 pm 

mrbrat_Boy wrote:
great Stuff Muz and Rana

What a wonderful read, Gosh, the original song is 11 min long, is there any chance of us hearing such masterpieces, am very much into bollywood classical music. SJ were honestly excellent. Even in Amrapali, the dabce muqabala was so well composed.

By the way - there is one full song and half of another missing from the DVD of Amrapali. It's a shame as these were defo in the original release but are missing from the VHS. VCDs and DVDs.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:04 pm 

Muz wrote:
Hey - the song Ang lag ja balma is about 9 minutes 25 Seconds long (including a long musical intro). There is at least 1 extra verse and a lot of extra music in the song. Now that I am watching the DVD again the song seems really short (about 5 mins).

In YRF DVD, this song/ music sequence is 5 min 17 sec including intro music. That's 5 min 30 sec film time. CD run time is 9 min 25 sec, so we can add another 4 min to MNJ run time to 259 min.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:52 pm 

Muz wrote:

Here is the breakdown of what's in the audio CD and not in the VHS/ DVD etc:

1) End of dialog "Mere Pyar Ko Khel Mat Samjho" to Start of singing "Kaare Kaare Badra" :

45 sec extra in CD. (22 sec before and 23 sec after the yordling "a a a a a" in the middle.

2) Then, till end of verse 1: No difference.

3) After the end of verse 1, music seems to abruptly change in DVD while in CD it's smooth connection to song continuation. Lyrics from the missing scene are:
Quote:
Barkha Ne Chhede Aise Sur Mastaane
(Ghadi Ghadi Tan Mora Laga Balkhaane) -2
Lagaa Balkhaane
Mujhko Ye Kya Ho Gya Baalmaa
Hai Mose Ang Lag Jaa Baalmaa
Ho - o - o - Main Akeli Jiya
Le Ke Mora Jiya
Aise Main Tu Naa Jaa
(More Ang Lag Jaa Baalmaa) - 2

music

Aaj Hawaayen Mose Karein Jora Jori
(Ud Jaana Chaahey Le Ke Saari Ko Mori) -2
Saari Ko Mori
In Hawaaon Se Bacha Baalmaa
Hai More Ang Lag Jaa Baalma
Main Akeli Piya, Lei Ke Mora Jiya
Aise Mein Tu Naa Jaa
More Ang Lag Jaa Baalmaa

32 sec of music and then Paglaa ---- verse starts that's in the DVD. This last verse ending the song sequence, there is extra 21 sec in CD (mostly music).

So, basically, 1st verse is complete and the last verse, which is basically a short verse plus song ending lines, is complete in the DVD/ VHS. The middle two long verses (basically most of the song) are missing in DVD/ VHS etc.

Total missing = 268 sec (45 sec @ start of the song, 202 sec of middle two verses and 21 sec @ the song ending.)

---------------------------
I recall a friend of mine, who saw this film in the 1st week, commenting, "how could the censors pass this scene" referring to Ang Lag Jaa song sequence. When I saw this film 2-3 months after release, I didn't find anything wrong with this song. Perhaps it was this sequence that had been cut off by the time I saw this film ??
Quote:
Aaj Hawaayen Mose Karein Jora Jori
(Ud Jaana Chaahey Le Ke Saari Ko Mori) -2
Saari Ko Mori
In Hawaaon Se Bacha Baalmaa

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:16 pm 

Any volunteers who can edit the MNJ wikipedia page (I'm not familiar with process and ins & outs of wikipedia edits) to mention 255-259 min of identified run time counted on p 4 of this thread ??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mera_Naam_Joker

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:56 pm 

rana wrote:
Any volunteers who can edit the MNJ wikipedia page (I'm not familiar with process and ins & outs of wikipedia edits) to mention 255-259 min of identified run time counted on p 4 of this thread ??

I edited the side mentioned from 255 mins to 255 - 259 mins and made a mentioned why and referenced it to pg4 of this thread.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:17 pm 

urbanlegend wrote:
rana wrote:

I edited the side mentioned from 255 mins to 255 - 259 mins and made a mentioned why and referenced it to pg4 of this thread.

Looks like they didnt like my addition :(
Quote:
Undid revision 292889775 by 24.114.255.83 (talk) -- unreliable source

Zulm.net is unreliable :o :o :o

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next