It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:23 pm 

Zoran009 wrote:
punjabimunda wrote:
Legend Bhai it's time now to sit back and enjoy the TV that you have!! There is always something new coming out. No matter what you buy it's just a matter of time before something new and cheaper comes out!! Don't worry about new stuff coming out and enjoy what you have!

He is doing the needful :D

Thanks Yaaron! :)

Here are some pics .. the speakers behind the TV have to be readjusted since they were on top of the 40" before which was mounted on the wall. This TV I wont be mounting instead will be keeping it on the custom shelf.

Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:52 pm 

urbanlegend wrote:
Zoran009 wrote:
punjabimunda wrote:
Legend Bhai it's time now to sit back and enjoy the TV that you have!! There is always something new coming out. No matter what you buy it's just a matter of time before something new and cheaper comes out!! Don't worry about new stuff coming out and enjoy what you have!

He is doing the needful :D

Thanks Yaaron! :)

Here are some pics .. the speakers behind the TV have to be readjusted since they were on top of the 40" before which was mounted on the wall. This TV I wont be mounting instead will be keeping it on the custom shelf.

Image Image Image Image

looks good....I'd change the white walls though. how far do you have to sit from your TV before B4U broadcasts become acceptable/bearable??

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:19 pm 

Yuvan wrote:
looks good....I'd change the white walls though. how far do you have to sit from your TV before B4U broadcasts become acceptable/bearable??

The walls are actually a light grey color .. the wife didnt want really dark walls :?

We have to sit back approx. 2- 3 metres (6 - 9 ft) for acceptable broadcasts. For PPV you can be closer. B4U can really be horrendous at times and with this TV it really brings out the compression artifacts .. my wife first thought it was something wrong with the TV :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:42 am 

not too bad. same distance I have to sit for older American TV shows. I've been watching The Practice off of FX channel TiVo recordings. Have to sit further away than newer SD programs.

Even for HD broadcasts, I typically sit 6-8 feet away from a 52" or was it 48". lol. haven't tried blu-ray yet.

you should suggest your wife a dark burgandy type color.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:44 pm 

Fry's has the panny 50" on sale for $1200.

http://shop4.frys.com/product/5391798

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:58 pm 

Yuvan wrote:

I am in Canada and had to do it through Best Buy since it was a warranty exchange .. thanks though :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:19 pm 

Looks KOOL! How are you liking it compare to your old samsung before it went bad?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:39 pm 

urbanlegend wrote:
I am in Canada and had to do it through Best Buy since it was a warranty exchange .. thanks though :)

posted it in case others are interested. I was considering it myself, but my entertainment center is only wide enough for a 42" at most. I live in an apartment, and mounting isn't an option for me...too many holes to dig

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:59 pm 

Yuvan wrote:
urbanlegend wrote:

posted it in case others are interested. I was considering it myself, but my entertainment center is only wide enough for a 42" at most. I live in an apartment, and mounting isn't an option for me...too many holes to dig

Let me know if you see a deal on 60 inch one :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:59 am 

Yuvan wrote:

I was at COSTCO yesterday and saw a 50" Panasonic for $1049 :shock: :shock:

Where were these deals when I bought my plasma 2 years ago!! Ah, the agony of being an early adopter!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:04 pm 

Zoran009 wrote:
Yuvan wrote:
urbanlegend wrote:

Let me know if you see a deal on 60 inch one :lol:

A friend of mine just got this 58" Panasonic for $2999 delivered from plasmaconcepts!

http://www.plasmaconcepts.com/plasma-tv ... D1072.html