It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 4:13 pm 

Film: Masoom
Starring: Naseeruddin Shah, Shabana Azmi, Saeed Jaffrey, Jugal Hansraj, Urmila Matondkar
Director: Shekhar Kapoor

I sincerely hope that someone like DEI does a decent transfer of this movie one day - it's one of my all time favs, and the Baba Digital version is good - but only if you find an alternative use for it - like a frisbee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 4:26 pm 

What a shame!! for a film like MASOOM to get DVD like this!! :devil: :bangbang: :ffs:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 4:59 pm 

These screenshots make me want to massacre these guys at Baba Digital just as they have massacred this wonderful film. These bastards not only massacre the film but have the audacity to actually put their stupid logo on the screen during the film. It is one of my all time favorites and the fact that I saw this film 11 times in the theater is testimony to the fact. Ofcourse I have no count of the number of times I have subesequently seen ti on TV or Video.

Edited By Sanjay on May 14 2002 at 18:01

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:47 am 

Watched this film again last night - the film was recorded from Set Max, and the picture quality wasn't all that good - have there been any other releases of the DVD (maybe in India, or Europe)? And has anyone seen the quality of the VCD?

Going back to the film, once again, I was hooked from start to finish - pity they don't make films like this anymore, and we have to put up with shit like Shakalaka Boom Boom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:50 pm 

bhaskar wrote:
Watched this film again last night - the film was recorded from Set Max, and the picture quality wasn't all that good - have there been any other releases of the DVD (maybe in India, or Europe)? And has anyone seen the quality of the VCD?

I don't think we're ever going to see a different print than the same one used by Baba and Max - weren't the original negatives damaged beyond repair?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:40 pm 

i got a t series dvd of masoom from india- its on a dvd5 and has no subtitles- shall i post screenshots?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:28 pm 

kpatl84 wrote:
i got a t series dvd of masoom from india- its on a dvd5 and has no subtitles- shall i post screenshots?

Please do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:45 pm 

Video Attributes:
Video compression mode: MPEG-2
TV system: 625/50 (PAL)
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Display Mode: Both Pan&scan and Letterbox
Source picture resolution: 720x576 (625/50)
Frame Rate: 25.00
Source picture letterboxed: Not letterboxed
Bitrate: 3.51Mbps

Audio Attributes:
Audio Coding mode: Dolby Digital
Sampling Rate: 48kHz
Audio application mode: Not specified
Number of Audio channels: 2
Bitrate: 192 Kbps
Number of Audio streams: 1

Subpicture Attribute: Not Available

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:05 am 

Thanks for the screenshots - good to see I'm not missing anything with that copy.

Stephen - I'd heard that the original negatives were damaged as well, but was hoping that there might be a better print out there - Channel 4 showed it a while ago, and they don't normally show poor prints of movies (well, I haven't seen any yet). Looks like I'm going to have to 'treasure' the Baba version I've got :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:32 pm 

bhaskar wrote:
Thanks for the screenshots - good to see I'm not missing anything with that copy.

Stephen - I'd heard that the original negatives were damaged as well, but was hoping that there might be a better print out there - Channel 4 showed it a while ago, and they don't normally show poor prints of movies (well, I haven't seen any yet). Looks like I'm going to have to 'treasure' the Baba version I've got :roll:

check with shekhar kapoor..lol :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:49 pm 

You can contact Shekhar Kapur at http://www.intentblog.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:24 pm 

arsh wrote:
bhaskar wrote:

check with shekhar kapoor..lol :lol:

:roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:29 pm 

I wonder where these You Tube captures came from - they look much better than the Baba and T-Series DVD versions. Colour wise things look great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_WV6HRq ... ed&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugi7yW_O ... ed&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZL_dpb_ ... ed&search=

If anyone knows please let me know! In fact if anyone has transferred the Orson VHS version on to DVD that would also be great. The Sony Orson original VHS release was not bad at all!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:01 pm 

Muz wrote:
I wonder where these You Tube captures came from - they look much better than the Baba and T-Series DVD versions. Colour wise things look great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_WV6HRq ... ed&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugi7yW_O ... ed&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZL_dpb_ ... ed&search=

If anyone knows please let me know! In fact if anyone has transferred the Orson VHS version on to DVD that would also be great. The Sony Orson original VHS release was not bad at all!

The YouTube clips are definitely from a VHS recording of some sort - you can tell by the tracking line at the bottom of the screen. They may be from the Sony Orson tape itself.

I've never seen a Masoom print looking or sounding that good before - certainly a treat! Anyone know if the VHS is still being sold anywhere?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:03 am 

I mailed the people who posted the clips on YouTube - will post any updates as and when I get them. I'd settle for a VHS myself or even a DVD converted from VHS as it seems to be more watchable than the DVDs that we have currently.

Both the posters are from India - so I guess it must be available in India on VHS but who knows how to get hold of it?!

Also - did anyone ever catch the Channel 4 screening? Apprently it was shown - but I missed it.