Zinda (Eros)
Price : $ 19.99
Normally ships in 3 Days
Ships Worldwide

Language : Hindi
Category : English Subtitle , Movies With Action and Thrill , Movies

Details:
Sanjay Dutt, John Abraham, Mahesh Manjrekar, Lara Dutta, Celina Jaitley
Order starts shipping starting last week of January 2006.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:18 pm 

just out of curiousity, is the Zinda dvd free of any sound cuts? since Zinda was released without any censor problems and any sound cuts for the language, there shouldn't be any. if someone could check that, i'd really appreciate it. thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:38 pm 

BoLLyWoOd_BhAi wrote:
just out of curiousity, is the Zinda dvd free of any sound cuts? since Zinda was released without any censor problems and any sound cuts for the language, there shouldn't be any. if someone could check that, i'd really appreciate it. thanks.

{spoiler ahead}

yes there isn't any cut all over the world but here in Singapore we had a little sniping of the F word...So it went like this 'Faaa' and not 'F***'. Thanks to the crap movie Jo Bole So Nihaal all Hindi films have to go for ratings. :cry: Funny but Neal N Nangi got through with no cuts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:03 pm 

congress wrote:
BoLLyWoOd_BhAi wrote:

{spoiler ahead}

yes there isn't any cut all over the world but here in Singapore we had a little sniping of the F word...So it went like this 'Faaa' and not 'F***'. Thanks to the crap movie Jo Bole So Nihaal all Hindi films have to go for ratings. :cry: Funny but Neal N Nangi got through with no cuts

That's cause if you cut it further there'll be nothing left of Nangi's already microscopic skirt.

Ok...sorry...bad joke :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:11 am 
Site Admin

Some DVD-r shots, ripped from the Eros DVD;

.. are these screen caps cropped or was the movie in 1.85:1 ratio in cinema?

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:51 am 

ali wrote:
.. are these screen caps cropped or was the movie in 1.85:1 ratio in cinema?

They look slightly stretched vertically. IMO the second one below looks closer to the original proportions, though still not quite 2.40:1. Maybe a combo of stretching and cropping?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:43 pm 

ali wrote:

. are these screen caps cropped or was the movie in 1.85:1 ratio in cinema?

Ali

No. In cinema it was in 2.35 : 1. Shot in Super-16 blown up 35mm. Very nice :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:12 pm 

can anyone confirm my question of whether Eros censored the language? and also, what are the special features? knowing Eros, it's probably just trailers of upcoming flicks. thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:14 am 

EXTRAS:

Music Video 1: Zinda Hoon Main
Music Video 2: Yeh Hai Meri Kahani
Lara Dutta on Zinda

(About 12-14 min)

Of course lots of EROS DVD Adverts.
And Unskippable Reverse Count Lessons from SRK to us dummies, and telling us how great EROS is.

------------------------

As far as censoring the language, have no idea if censored or not, but it was a big relief when kids enquired what did he say FAAAAA and deduced that he did say just FAAAAA.
I would say OK to this film, but no to vulgar Jawani Diwani.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:19 am 

rana wrote:

As far as censoring the language, have no idea if censored or not, but it was a big relief when kids enquired what did he say FAAAAA and deduced that he did say just FAAAAA.

Rana, this movie's not really for kids. :D What's the rating like in Canada for Hindi films? In Singapore, this one was NC-16.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:25 am 

there are no ratings for hindi movies in canada

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:56 pm 

congress wrote:
rana wrote:

Rana, this movie's not really for kids. :D What's the rating like in Canada for Hindi films? In Singapore, this one was NC-16.

Sure, but whoever censored/ edited the version I saw, it became tolerable/ border level (except for one BR scene where it can be skipped easily). For an adult only audience, FAAAA*** is passable where as they let out FAAAAAA.

And of course, what's an adult film or what's OK for children depends on individual views that changes with time and society. I remember Aayee Milan Ki Bela, Sangam, Mere Mehboob, (romantic/ love stories) and even Naya Daur off limit to me in my childhood. Ramrajya, Sampoorna Ramayan, Mahasati Savitri etc OK.
Nudity and extremely offensive language was acceptable for the Hollywood original (Old Boy) but for Indian film, all this was omitted even for an Adult film. Remember Mira Nair's Kamasutra. It was termed as teenager flick in the reviews here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:47 pm 

rana wrote:
congress wrote:
rana wrote:

Sure, but whoever censored/ edited the version I saw, it became tolerable/ border level (except for one BR scene where it can be skipped easily). For an adult only audience, FAAAA*** is passable where as they let out FAAAAAA.

And of course, what's an adult film or what's OK for children depends on individual views that changes with time and society. I remember Aayee Milan Ki Bela, Sangam, Mere Mehboob, (romantic/ love stories) and even Naya Daur off limit to me in my childhood. Ramrajya, Sampoorna Ramayan, Mahasati Savitri etc OK.
Nudity and extremely offensive language was acceptable for the Hollywood original (Old Boy) but for Indian film, all this was omitted even for an Adult film. Remember Mira Nair's Kamasutra. It was termed as teenager flick in the reviews here.

Yeh BR kya hota hai? :?

I agree with you though Rana, ratings vary a lot from place to place - over here, Zinda was rated '15'- and kids frequently watch '15' rated films here. I think the last '18' rated Hindi films released was Ek Ajnabee and James - maybe wrong about that though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:28 pm 
Site Admin

Some xvid shots;

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:56 am 

What a crap movie. I didnt care much for oldboy which was well made...but the entire movie with its off again on again black/white schemes just made the whole movie experience so boring. I mean Its ok when you copy a movie and make a dhoom but its another when you copy frame to frame.

I am hoping Sanjay Gupta drops dead. He should be hung from his gonads and then shot at from every angle.

Its just despicable how Indian directors copy frame-frame copies of any movies and claim "Screenplay by"