It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:30 pm 

Hey guys

Some know me, some don't. I used to post, and even did some previews mostly on mallu stuff. Anyway, here is how my summer went.

I was in the Active Naval Reserve when I was going to college in the spring. I get a call on a saturday(yes!!) from the reserve center telling me that they are recalling me to active duty. I was pissed first, because I may have gone to Kuwait or Spain, plus missed the semester of college. It turned out they wanted me to go to Mississippi. Hell where is that: I thought! It turns out to be a nice area to hang in, except the education isn't all that great.

Met a bunch of people that I still keep in touch with. Got to have the glory of wearing a Navy uniform, which I always liked, and even got a nice place, because they ran out of barracks space for so many reservists.

No Indian theaters or even grocery stores in sight in Gulfport/Biloxi, Mississippi. As a matter of fact, just the word 'Indian' is bound to raise eyebrows and stereotypes at the same time. So I ordered movies and saw it in my suave furnished apartment. hahaa

Now I'm back in college and got to take over my old position as president of this fraternity, again. I can't be military like so I think I become to relaxed on the members and pledges that are going through their sort of 'boot camp' to become members. I need a way to fix it. Don't tell me what Vikram or Surya might have done, please.

On another note, can't wait for Kaakka Kaakka !!!!!!!!

Feel free to keep in touch or share any extravagant moments like this with me in this posting.

I'll post pictures if anyone proves worthy. J/K hehehe
Raj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:45 pm 

Interesting story. So what exactly does the Active Naval Reserve do, and in Mississippi of all places?

Here's the news since you were gone:

BEI and Ayngaran released a few DVDs, and the other companies released more crap :D

Now you can go back to your keggers and hazing recruits at your frat. If you want to know what Vikram or Surya would do, watch Pitamagan, it comes out today :;):

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:03 am 

Did you get any new mallu dvds from SURYA, rafa. If so please do let us know about the quality...... :) review preview etc.. :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:08 am 

I have Surya's 'Nadodikkattu,' 'Godfather' and 'Unnikale oru Kathaparayam.' Which previews would you like?

I'll oblige soon with screenshots!

Raj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:21 am 

I saw 'GODFATHER' and I loved it. What a funny movie!! The climax had me ROTFL. The dvd is OAR but not anamorphic. PQ is a little washed out but ok~

Pillairaj if you could do a 'Nadodikkattu' preview, that'd be cool!. I don't know if I am right, but isn't part of the TRiology of Mohan Lal movies.?/

Thanks!!!! :thumbs:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:22 am 

Quote:
Posted on Oct. 31 2003,19:21
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw 'GODFATHER' and I loved it. What a funny movie!! The climax had me ROTFL. The dvd is OAR but not anamorphic. PQ is a little washed out but ok~

Pillairaj if you could do a 'Nadodikkattu' preview, that'd be cool!. I don't know if I am right, but isn't part of the TRiology of Mohan Lal movies.?/

Thanks!!!!

'Nadodikkaattu' is the first in a trilogy of mallu comedy flicks that star Mohanlal and Sreenivasan, who I think are the best comedy team in all Indian cinema.

These movies have them as stumbling detectives that end up solving the case through pure chance while trying to outwit each other.

'Pattanapravesham' is the second one where they solve a case in south India, while in 'Akkare..Akkare..Akkare' they go to America(New York). The last one is funny as hell and I hope to god they release it on DVD.

Raj