It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 11:55 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
On this forum itself you have people promoting piracy

Yes maybe. But this forum is for the people who buy Indian DVDs - if their promoting of piracy is wrong, I'm sure the righteous arguments can be made to counter it. In a fight against good and evil - good always wins yeh? What I object to is when bullshit is fed from these righteous people to counter piracy. Gist of it being, original DVDs are good - me say no they are not good :kungfu:

Quote:
If you don't even know that originaly DVD's if found faulty can be replaced than that shows the level of consumer awareness. As far as I know and I have personally exchanged a few dvd's that were faulty I haven't had a problem replacing them cause they were not "Pirated".

Faulty DVDs whether official or pirate can be exchanged - it depends more on the person who sold the DVD than whether the DVD is pirate or not. People want to watch their DVDs more than once instead of having the inconvenience of replacing discs after a few playbacks - yes that's the life expectancy of typical VS DVD - a few playbacks.

Quote:
You buy the original and you shall get the satisfaction

Satisfaction of what? That you paid for a DVD that is poor in quality, that doesn't represent the film, the way it should be seen? No doubt you must be satisfied with washed out colours, pathetic sharpness and poor encoding techniques (not to mention chunks of the film missing) used by these so-called 'original' DVD authors. Other are not satisfied.

Quote:
Oh and by the way since many are claiming that these pirated dvd's are of much better quality etc. does anybody know how these pirated dvd's are made. Think about that. There is no way in hell that these dvd's can be of better quality if you think about it carefully.

Again depends on which film/DVD you talk about and what you class as a pirate. I could list examples of so-called pirate DVDs that are better than originals. The pirates you talk about are copied from 'original' DVDs - so hence they're either as good as the originals or in case of 2in1 DVDs worse than originals if you know how to tell the difference. So why buy the pirate instead of the original? Maybe they're just cheaper and you feel less ripped off then buying the original. That's certainly the case with these 2in1 DVDs.

Quote:
But ofcourse it does not make sense to argue with you folks.
- but you still try - thanks I'm honoured :laugh: :p

Quote:
You talk about thwarting piracy but are actually promoting it by glorifying the pirates.

That's only half the truth - DVD companies do the other half of promoting the pirates themselves by putting these dismal original DVDs out one after the other :doze:

Quote:
Oh and it doesn't matter whether it be DEI, EROS , VS, Yash Raj etc I think that all of them would stand by their product ...

I've no doubt they do and wouldn't expect anything else from them. It's kind of far fetched to expect companies like Eros, YRF, VS etc to say the DVDs they put out are crap. Hence the reason this site exists - we do that job for them :love: This is half the problem why we get poor quality DVDs and why people accept poor quality DVDs. If distributors/makers of these DVDs say it's good quality DVDs - they just must be good right? That's the message you get from your post - I'm saying the DVDs they give are poor and this isn't based on emotions or grudge against anyone - technically most Indian DVDs are just poor when they shouldn't be.

Quote:
Without the help of the consumers I doubt it is possible to fight piracy and well if consumers want quality stuff than I think we should stop buying pirated copies.

I agree with you without the consumers you can't fight piracy but the quality stuff MUST come first and not the other way round! I'll give you another angle on the piracy issue - some people are choosing to buy pirates but others are not and still end up with pirates - they get pirates because that's the only thing being offered to them in shops. Pirates have flooded the UK shops with ditto copies of 'original' DVDs - these are cheaper, look the same and are the same quality wise. Distribution of the pirates into the market place is better than the originals. What does that say about the original DVD companies?

Quote:
A few handful aren't going to fight piracy but than a few handful are not going to promote it either. The show must go on. Right?

Yes indeed :thumbs:

Back to topic of these VS announcement letters - I think mockery is expected from people, VS isn't the most known for the quality it brings to DVDs. But VS should rise above that and keep pushing this piracy issue instead of blowing it's top once in a while - because that's what it seems like - once in a while when a movie that matters to them financially, they'll make a big fuss over it. And rest of the time they'll go backwards with the quality of the DVDs destroying the effort the made previously.

90% of time promote piracy with crap DVDs, 10% of the time create fuss but not actaully do anything :rolleyes:

Ali :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 3:35 pm 

boxer_bhai wrote:
If you don't even know that originaly DVD's if found faulty can be replaced than that shows the level of consumer awareness. Oh and by the way since many are claiming that these pirated dvd's are of much better quality etc. does anybody know how these pirated dvd's are made. Think about that. There is no way in hell that these dvd's can be of better quality if you think about it carefully.

When u buy a dvd get a receipt. Simple. If it turns out to be bad return it within reasonable time of course and I am sure that the place where u bought it from would oblige. Specially out in the U.S.

Oh and please will someone tell Mr. Rana that no one know's the life expectancy of a DVD or anything else for that matter. Atleast it doesn't sound logical to put a life expectancy on a Optical disc that can get damaged by a simple scratch.

The show must go on. Right? :baaa:

Boxer_Bhai, Thanks for making us aware that faulty original DVDs can be replaced.

Ali/ Boxer_Bhai, we must make an effort to educate the consumers in telling them how to replace their faulty original DVDs. This is part of the mission of ZULM.NET.

It'll really be great if we could exchange the faulty original DVDs. I am not talking of scratches as "faulty". I am talking of "DISC ROT". It's a fact, most of recent VS DVDs stop playing because of disc rot. I think the reason for disc rot is the Silver Media, which oxidizes (turns black) in a few weeks and then you can't play the disc any more. You also mentioned saving the receipt and return in reasonable time. I have close to 300 English/ Hindi DVDs and so do many other DVD lovers. Now I do make it a point to save the receipt, but before this Disc Rot problem appeared, I and most others didn't save the receipts amounting just $ 20 or so. ANYWAY, if it's an ORIGINAL DVD and it's proven to be unplayable in less than 3 yrs (All Indian DVDs have been made in the last 3 yrs only; Moreover, all discs have manufacturers marks telling of manufacturing details like manuf date, batch # etc.), isn't it enough for the DVD manufacturer (VS, EROS, DEI, YRF, BABA etc) to replace the DVD. Moreover, most likely, most of the consumers don't remember where the bought a certain product from. There are many many retailers. Retailers don't take the product back without a receipt and as I mentioned before, we didn't save the receipts as we didn't anticipate this disc rot problem. Remember, I am not talking of quality, but just faulty product.

If VIDEO SOUND will replace our faulty DVDs, I am sure all will agree, it will be a great Consumer Relation. I just wish.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:57 am 

PIRACY ALERT...

The NRI Production "KEHTAA HAI DIL BAAR BAAR" Pirated DVD's are currently in the market. These are NOT originals!! Consumers are warned not to buy these counterfeit DVD's. Any store carrying these products will be subject to prosecution to the full extent of the law. The Original DVD will be released on December 12th. Until then, the only way to see this Romantic Comedy is at a Theater near you.
For trade inquires contact: Video Sound (732) 548-4555
READ WARNING

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 1:00 am 

if you want to see the pirate covers go here
http://www.avstv.com/avstvindex.htm
and if you to read what video sound says go to the same link and click read warnung ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 9:20 am 

It's blatantly obvious that the DVDs shown on that site are pirates - Video Sound could never come up with covers as good as those :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:32 pm 

Bhaskar, my friend those look like the original covers of the movie posters for Kehtaa hai Dil Baar Baar.

Kehtaa Hai Dil Baar Baar is out on the market as a pirated product?

Anyone know where to get it? :)

Just kidding.

Guys, if it is obvious that the movie is out in the market and is a pirated product than I don't think anyone should promote piracy by buying it.

but ofcourse those are my 2 cents. To each his own.

Edited By boxer_bhai on 1039297368

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:41 pm 

Just a thought:

Mr. Ali if you are actually fighting against piracy than do you have the guts to go up to the company video sound and give them information on where you got the DVD etc. That would be fighting piracy.

Its obvious from your posts that you have reviewed the pirated DVD. Anyone here if truly interested in fighting piracy than go ahead and give VS the info that you have. Than we shall also come to know what VS can do about it.

Dudh ka dudh aur paani ka paani ho jaayega.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 10:07 pm 

boxer_bhai wrote:
Than we shall also come to know what VS can do about it.

Dudh ka dudh aur paani ka paani ho jaayega.

Boxer Bhai ... ever heard of that old Hindi adage.,..

Gadhe ke sar pe Seengh nikal aana !

The day VS does something abt it then it really would be JUDGEMENT day for us here :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

boxer_bhai wrote:
Guys, if it is obvious that the movie is out in the market and is a pirated product than I don't think anyone should promote piracy by buying it.

boxer_bhai it’s not like you to go round promoting piracy – that’s the message your send with that statement ??? What you're saying is if it's obvious that the disc is pirate then don’t buy it. So it must be OK to buy if isn’t that obvious? :keh: And that's my point with all this piracy bull - it's never obvious which are pirates and which are not.

boxer_bhai wrote:
Mr. Ali if you are actually fighting against piracy...

I’m not, and don’t ever be under the illusion that this site is here to fight piracy. I’ve seen the so called sites that are fighting piracy with bullshit info and it’s not working. This site is solely to exchange info about Indian DVDs – yes, if people want to use this site to ‘fight piracy’ then so be it – don’t expect whole hearty support when you plead with consumers not to buy this or the other because of bullshit reasons.

boxer_bhai wrote:
Its obvious from your posts that you have reviewed the pirated DVD. Anyone here if truly interested in fighting piracy than go ahead and give VS the info that you have. Than we shall also come to know what VS can do about it.

If it’s that obvious I’ve reviewed this DVD then it’s also obvious where the DVD came from!

Ali :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:33 am 

boxer_bhai wrote:
:oops: :sus:

Gee, do I detect a few fools on this forum trying to justify piracy while talking against piracy.

:love: were u born this way or did you break your head against something recently. Let's see. VS pirated their own movie to lose money on their originals. This brilliant idea could only come to a fool like u. People often say and do dumb things but u take the cake. Get a life and stop commenting on stuff that you know nothing about.

"Maalom nahi kaha kaha se aa jaate hain aaj kal ke log population badane."

Accha so everybody is a pirate and try hard to lose money by pirating their dvd's to satisfy clowns like u. VS, Eros, DEI, Yash Raj, etc etc etc. Aakhir main agar sub log yeh hi dhanda karte hain to original to banana hi chod dena chahiye na.
Abey bewakoof tu kabhi business main mat ghusna warna saale kangaal ho jaayega. Maalom pada apna maal kaudiya ke daam behchega bahar aur loss main jaayega. Gadha

Ye boxer bhai to videosound ka spokesman maloom parta hai. I saw KHDBB in canadian stores. I can give you the names of stores selling your pirated DVDs but in return I need some reward. What can you offer me?

neaz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:01 am 

neaz009 wrote:
boxer_bhai wrote:
:oops: :sus:

Gee, do I detect a few fools on this forum trying to justify piracy while talking against piracy.

:love: were u born this way or did you break your head against something recently. Let's see. VS pirated their own movie to lose money on their originals. This brilliant idea could only come to a fool like u. People often say and do dumb things but u take the cake. Get a life and stop commenting on stuff that you know nothing about.

"Maalom nahi kaha kaha se aa jaate hain aaj kal ke log population badane."

Accha so everybody is a pirate and try hard to lose money by pirating their dvd's to satisfy clowns like u. VS, Eros, DEI, Yash Raj, etc etc etc. Aakhir main agar sub log yeh hi dhanda karte hain to original to banana hi chod dena chahiye na.
Abey bewakoof tu kabhi business main mat ghusna warna saale kangaal ho jaayega. Maalom pada apna maal kaudiya ke daam behchega bahar aur loss main jaayega. Gadha

Ye boxer bhai to videosound ka spokesman maloom parta hai. I saw KHDBB in canadian stores. I can give you the names of stores selling your pirated DVDs but in return I need some reward. What can you offer me?

neaz

Neaz no use...the only thing VS can reward you with is some trashy DVDs from their stables... which I am sure wont last for more than 1 month !. So enjoy the pirates while you can :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:54 pm 

It's not as if people are dying to see this movie....

I've asked a few stores wot the sales of KHDBB VHS's and DVD's have been, and they were quite embarassed to say that none have been sold!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 8:54 pm 

boxer bhai take a chill pill man !!!
i have just over 100 indian dvds!!! 90% are pirates because i didn't pay over the odds for them but some friends of mine have brought some orignals and they cannot tell the difference between my pirate version oh and some of their originals overpriced dvds have started to freeze and skip in certain places during playback a problem i've never had once on the pirates!!!

no matter how good a indian film is its not worth more than £5 on dvd because thats the price u can get for a pirate by paying anything more than that ur just giving more money to indian dvd manufacturer's (eros vs yrf etc) to carry on producing crap dvds !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 10:01 pm 

In this unblessed place we called America, DVD's are $10!

Lucky there are great countries like the UK where it's easier to be, and everything is priced better. Even cinema ticket prices have gone higher in Ft. Lauderdale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:43 pm 

boxer_bhai

I have been on this forum for quite a while; it has good information on Hindi DVD's (as well as others). It also points out pirate DVD's (Pakwebstore), therefore the conclusion is simple the choice is for the general public to buy what ever they want (I think its called freedom of choice). Even though VS and others know the identity of the pirate distributors they so far have chosen not to do anything (makes you wonder what there game plan is).

boxer_bhai why don't you give us your list of all your VS DVD's which are of good quality so that we can review it.

Also why don't you give us conclusive evidence that there is no disk rot on VS DVD's. Oh yes another thing can you give us your wisdom knowledge how to detect a pirate DVD and also send an email to HMV who I believe were selling pirated English movies without knowing.