It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:44 pm 

Yeah, I know. We shouldn't get into political discussions. But I think it's ok to post something positive every now and then?? For those folk that don't know....
Quote:
The father of a Palestinian boy shot dead by Israeli soldiers has donated his son's organs to Israelis waiting for transplants.

Ahmed Ismail Khatib died Saturday in an Israeli hospital. (AP Photo)
Ismail Khatib said the spirit of his 12-year-old son Ahmed is now alive in every Israeli and that he's proud of his decision.

He said he understands some Palestinians may be angered by the move.

"No one can tell me what to do," Khatib told the Associated Press. "I feel very good that my son's organs are helping six Israelis ... I feel that my son has entered the heart of every Israeli."

Ahmed was shot during a raid in Jenin. Israeli troops said he was carrying a toy rifle and they mistook him for a militant.

He died of his wounds late Saturday at an Israeli hospital.

His kidneys, liver, lungs and heart were transplanted to recipients, ranging in age from a seven-month-old baby to a 58-year-old woman. Those who received organs included Jews, Arabs and a Druze girl.

Khatib said his decision was made in part by experiences with his brother, who died at the age of 24 while waiting for a liver transplant. He said it's his family's desire to help others regardless of their nationality.

"We're talking about young children. Their religion doesn't make a difference," he said.

Israel has a chronic shortage of donor organs. Medical officials attribute it to Jewish religious taboos against such donations.

Khatib said he received a call from Israel's acting finance minister, Ehud Olmer, who apologized for the boy's death and invited him to Jerusalem. Khatib said he had not decided whether to accept the offer.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/ ... 51109.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:59 pm 

Quote:
But I think it's ok to post something positive every now and then??

Say whaaa? :lol: Oh but I thought it's heralding the opening of the hunting season for Palestinian body parts! I could see it now " there goes a Palestinian with a good healthy heart, damn would somebody shoot that ......" Muttered the feeble Israeli heart transplant candidate :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:21 pm 

err...you know that's not what I meant. I meant it's a positive/bold move by the father of the armed militant child. It's a good sign that he didn't prevent his prejudices from his decision, and a positive sign of Israeli recepiants. Even in life/death situations their prejudices could get the best of them: "eww..i'd rather die then take that x's x"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:30 pm 

Quote:
err...you know that's not what I meant.

:lol: Yeah, thats for trying to get me banned! Hehehe! Besides I did promise to clobber you! remember? :lol:

Quote:
It's a good sign that he didn't prevent his prejudices from his decision

Yes and it was a bold move and a noble thing to do!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:54 am 

Yuvan wrote:
Yeah, I know. We shouldn't get into political discussions.

Sure you can. Just so as long as every member can avoid any form of belligerence, which I assume we're all smart enough never to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:19 am 

Quote:
Just so as long as every member can avoid any form of belligerence, which I assume we're all smart enough never to do.

Hey! I like you already as our newest moderator! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:56 am 

JamesBond007 wrote:
Quote:
err...you know that's not what I meant.

:lol: Yeah, thats for trying to get me banned! Hehehe! Besides I did promise to clobber you! remember? :lol:

mark my words, i will have the last word :!: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:17 am 

Touche! :lol: Hey, not so fast buckaroo! :idea: Let's check with our newest moderator and see if retaliatory threats are permissable in this forum! What say ye Mr. Collector? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:21 am 

JamesBond007 wrote:
Touche! :lol: Hey, not so fast buckaroo! :idea: Let's check with our newest moderator and see if retaliatory threats are permissable in this forum! What say ye Mr. Collector? :)

Dude. You need a girlfriend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:57 pm 

DVD Collector wrote:
JamesBond007 wrote:

I need a second opinion, I'll check with wifey, see if she agrees with you! :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:46 pm 

JamesBond007 wrote:
DVD Collector wrote:
JamesBond007 wrote:

I need a second opinion, I'll check with wifey, see if she agrees with you! :wink: :lol:

here's your second opinion:

don't check with wifey or as they say on AVSForum "WAF" (Wife approval factor?). Just go out and get one :P

lotta married folk around here. this might be why this forum is so well behaved, although JamesBond007 is acting like those naughty uncles. :P now i'm doubting if there are any bachelors here? other than izzy and arsh? unless ofcourse izzy and arsh are engaged to be married, and they are holding out on us :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:15 pm 

Yuvan wrote:
JamesBond007 wrote:
DVD Collector wrote:
JamesBond007 wrote:

here's your second opinion:

don't check with wifey or as they say on AVSForum "WAF" (Wife approval factor?). Just go out and get one :P

lotta married folk around here. this might be why this forum is so well behaved, although JamesBond007 is acting like those naughty uncles. :P now i'm doubting if there are any bachelors here? other than izzy and arsh? unless ofcourse izzy and arsh are engaged to be married, and they are holding out on us :P

You're hired! I also welcome my newest personal advisor! :lol:
Just three questions!
1. Where to look? :roll:
2. How do I know what I'm looking for? :?
3. And the kicker!..... What do I do with it? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:54 pm 

Quote:
izzy and arsh are engaged to be married

Oh boy! :shock: You like living dangerously! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:23 pm 

you are back..

1. Where to look?
Mumbai, India.

2. How do I know what I'm looking for?
You will find a beautiful blue eyed actress at the local brothels.

3. And the kicker!..... What do I do with it?
Cast her in your next movie. You don't need to do anything else. She "will love you long time". :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:43 pm 

Quote:
She "will love you long time".

That's what I'm afraid of! FATAL ATTRACTION ! :P