It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:41 am 

With the passing of Yogesh it becomes safe to say that nearly all lyricists of yore are now no more, barring maybe just Gulzar and Javed Akhtar.

Post subject: Sushant Singh Rajput
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:23 am 

SUSHANT SINGH RAJPUT
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ent ... 368753.cms

Post subject: Re: Sushant Singh Rajput
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:28 am 

Ragz wrote:

Sushant Rajput's death comes days after his former manager Disha Salian fell to her death.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:04 pm 

Yes, his was a suicide case just as his manager’s was! This goes to show what kind of a tornado can be contained within a person with so much success and admiration. Mental health awareness must never be ceased to exist.

Post subject: SAROJ KHAN
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:57 am 

SAROJ KHAN

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ent ... 761458.cms

Quote:
By - TIMESOFINDIA.COM Updated: Jul 3, 2020, 09:23 IST

Bollywood today woke up to the sad news of ace choreographer Saroj Khan passing away due to cardiac arrest in Mumbai. She breathed her last at 1.52 AM and was 71. Needless to say, her sad demise has left everyone shocked in the industry. Choreographer Remo D’Souza took to his Instagram handle to share some throwback pictures of himself with the late master along with a heartfelt post. He wrote, ‘Got up with a huge pain in my heart ..... on hearing about your demise ,you were an institution in yourself ,the biggest loss to our dance fraternity.... was fortunate to dance under you , dance with you , choreograph you and choreograph with you and direct you .... willl never forget the love and the passion with which u would choreograph each song the passion in your eyes was like never seen before .... thank you for teaching me so much .... you will always be remembered and always in our hearts .....Saroji.... my condolences to the entire family ..... RIP mam’

Post subject: JAGDEEP
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:42 pm 

JAGDEEP

https://indianexpress.com/article/enter ... te-649664/

Quote:
Jagdeep no more: Celebrities mourn demise of Bollywood actor
Hindi cinema fans will always remember comedian Jagdeep for playing Soorma Bhopali in the cult film Sholay.
By: Entertainment Desk | New Delhi |
Updated: July 9, 2020 1:10:22 am

Bollywood actor Jagdeep passed away on Wednesday, following age-related health problems. He was 81.

Hindi cinema fans will always remember Jagdeep for playing Soorma Bhopali in the cult film Sholay. He played a timber merchant in the Ramesh Sippy directorial and his catchphrase “Mera naam Soorma Bhopali aise hi nahi hai”, much like other dialogues of the film, became a hit.

Jagdeep entered the film industry as a child artiste and was seen in films like Bimal Roy’s Do Bigha Zamin, KA Abbas’ Munna and Guru Dutt’s Aar Paar. He proceeded to act in movies for almost six decades.

In fact, Jagdeep also took the director’s chair in 1988. He directed a film titled Soorma Bhopali, which was based on his own character from Sholay. He also played the central role here.

Jagdeep was also seen in popular films like Feroze Khan starrer Qurbani and Amitabh Bachchan starrer Shehenshah. In the 90s, he found a new audience as he played the role of Salman Khan’s father in the cult comedy Andaz Apna Apna. He played the character of Bankelal in the Rajkumar Santoshi directorial.

Post subject: Kumkum
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:58 pm 

KUM KUM

https://indianexpress.com/article/enter ... ad-652740/

Quote:
Actor Kumkum passes away
Actor Kumkum, who appeared in films like Aar Paar, CID, Kohinoor among more, has passed away. She was 86.
By: Entertainment Desk | New Delhi |
Updated: July 28, 2020 6:51:43 pm

Veteran Bollywood actor Kumkum, who featured in over 100 films and popular songs such as “Kabhi Aar Kabhi Paar” and “Mere Mehboob Qayamat Hogi”, passed away on Tuesday at her residence in Bandra, Mumbai. She was 86.
Naved Jafri shared the news on Twitter. He tweeted, “We have lost another gem. I have known her since I was a kid and she was family, a superb artist and a fantastic human being.”

Kumkum was best known for her roles in movies like Mr. X in Bombay, Mother India, Son Of India, Kohinoor, Ujala, Naya Daur, Shreeman Funtoosh, Ek Sapera Ek Lutera, Ganga Ki Laharen, Raja Aur Runk, Aankhen, Lalkaar, Geet and Ek Kuwara Ek Kuwari.
She also starred in the first Bhojpuri film Ganga Maiyya Tohe Piyari Chadhaibo in 1963.

Kumkum appeared in popular songs like “Kabhi Aar Kabhi Paar” in Guru Dutt’s film Aar Paar. This is said to be her first Hindi film appearance. She was also seen in the song “Yeh Hai Bombay Meri Jaan” in Guru Dutt’s CID. “Madhuban Mein Radhika Nache Re” is another popular song that featured Kumkum as the dancing talent.
The actor’s last rites took place at Mazgaon cemetery.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:00 pm 

Felt really bad when I heard of this news. It’s an era that is fading away with only archival gems being left for us. The makers and the participants are slowly leaving us.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:57 pm 

Rahat Indori (राहत इन्दोरी)
Born: 1 January 1950, Indore
Died: 11 August 2020, Indore

Noted poet is no more.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:05 pm 

Ragz wrote:
Yes, his was a suicide case just as his manager’s was! This goes to show what kind of a tornado can be contained within a person with so much success and admiration. Mental health awareness must never be ceased to exist.

Not to derail the discussion of the departed personalities, but I was wrong when I said this. The Mumbai police were wrong when they concluded that he had committed suicide. His death is shrouded in mystery which mainstream press in India seems to delve into and make revelations. Lobbying, rape and politics are devices of the mystery. Time will tell us everything.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:49 pm 

Nishikant Kamat - Drishyam (Hindi) Director

Nishikant Kamat dies at 50

Quote:
https://www.ibtimes.co.in/nishikant-kam ... n=related#

Bollywood director Nishikant Kamat died today at the AIG hospitals, Gachibowli, Hyderabad. He has directed many ace movies like Madaari, Drishyam etc.
By : Shruti Niraj
Aug 17, 2020 18:41 IST

2020 is a dark year, especially for Bollywood. Many leading stars have already bid adieu to us and now the news of the sad demise of ace director Nishikant Kamat is making the headline. Leaving a huge void in Bollywood, the brilliant mind behind the movies like Drishyam and Irrfan Khan's Madaari died at the age of 50, today at AIG hospitals, Gachibowli, Hyderabad. He was said to be diagnosed with Chronic Liver Disease and other secondary infections.

Earlier today, it was said that he died in the morning but the officials from the hospital released a statement clarifying that Nishant was still alive and on ventilators. Filmmaker Milap Zaveri and Bollywood actor Ritesh Deshmukh took Twitter to inform the fans and friends about the same but later on Housefull actor posted a condolence post for his friend Nishikant and said, 'I will miss you, my friend'.

Quote:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1723225/?ref_=rvi_nm

Actor (12 credits)
2018 Bhavesh Joshi Superhero
Rana
2017 Julie 2
Mohit
2017/III Daddy
Inspector Vijaykar Nitin
2017 Fugay
Bhairappa
2016 Rocky Handsome
Kevin Ferriera
2012 Peddlers
2011 Bawra Mann (Short)
Rohit
2011 404: Error Not Found
Professor Aniruddh
2008 Mumbai Meri Jaan
Vinod
2005 Dombivli Fast
Drunkard in Train
2004 Saatchya Aat Gharat
2004 Let the Wind Blow
Chabia
Hide Hide Director (9 credits)
The Brave Journalist (pre-production)
2016 Madaari
2016 Rocky Handsome (attached)
2015 Drishyam
2014 Well Done
2011 Force
2008 Mumbai Meri Jaan
2007 Evano Oruvan
2005 Dombivli Fast

Post subject: S. Mohinder
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:08 pm 

S MOHINDER

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ent ... 965037.cms

Quote:
Film composer S Mohinder passes away
By - Avijit Ghosh | TNN | Sep 6, 2020, 21:51 IST

Film composer S Mohinder, who received the national award for best music director in the Punjabi blockbuster, Nanak Naam Jahaz Hai (1969), and who is best remembered for the wistful melody, Guzra hua zamana aata nahi dobara (film: Shirin Farhad, 1956), passed away after a heart attack at his Oshiwara residence in Mumbai on Sunday. The last of a generation, he would have turned 95 on Tuesday. In a Hindi tweet, Lata Mangeshkar described him as “a very good music director and an extremely nice gentleman.”

“When my father won the award, the first to congratulate him was SD Burman, whose Aradhana was in contention for the same prize,” his daughter Nareen Chopra told TOI on phone. Interestingly, Burman senior won the best male playback award for Aradhana’s title track.
Nanak Naam Jahaz Hai (1969) had some memorable devotionals sung by Mohd Rafi, Manna Dey, Asha Bhonsle and others. “The touching compositions helped enormously in the film’s success,” says Jasbir Singh, a fan of Mohinder’s music.

His full name was Mohinder Singh Sarna. Born in Sillianwala in Montogomery district (now Sahiwal, Pakistan), he barely survived the Partition riots. “A coolie on the Lahore railway station platform told him that riots had broken out and that he must take the train to Bombay to survive. He did and stayed at a gurdwara in Dadar where he later also served as a raagi (musician who sings Gurbani). He was paid Rs 10 per week,” Nareen remembers.

His film career began with Sehra (1948) and lasted over three decades. “He was helped by several people such as Suraiya, K Asif, S Mukherjee, Madhubala. He was close to Madhubala’s family and Prithivraj Kapoor,” she recalls.

Mohinder’s tunes often carried the distinctive flavor of Punjab. His other well-known films include, Mehlon Ke Khwab, which had several zestful tracks sung by Kishore Kumar, Paapi, Naata (a home production of Madhubala), Picnic and Reporter Raju, the debut film of Feroz Khan. In his book, Dhuno Ki Yaatra, Pankaj Rag writes that Mohinder was also initially signed for Anarkali but ultimately the deal did not materialize. Mohinder’s last film was Dahej (1981), which included a musical tribute to Sanjay Gandhi, Amar Rahe Sanjay.

In the early Eighties, Mohinder settled in New York. He came back to Mumbai in 2013. Despite developing a mild case of Parkinson’s sometime back, Nareen says, he was cheerful till the very end. “He used to be a rockstar at parties. He sang, people danced,” she says. There is, however, a regret. Asha Bhonsle had called him on phone a few days ago. Mohinder was sleeping then and they couldn’t talk. He was supposed to call back. Says Nareen, “He was also to meet Lata-ji, who used to say, he gave me one of my finest songs (Gujra hua zamana). That also never happened.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:51 pm 

Sad to hear about S Mohinder. We just talked about him in April.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10272&p=108818&hilit=mohinder#p108818

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:47 pm 

Dear All,
We missed this news.
March 2020. Probably because of Covid panic in the world that time :-(

IMTIAZ KHAN, actor, Amjad Khan's elder brother, passed away on 15 March 2020.

Dharmatma's centrestage villain. An underutilized dynamite.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:12 am 

ASHALATA WABGAONKAR
Quote:
Veteran Actress Ashalata Wabgaonkar Dies Of COVID-19. Anil Kapoor, Renuka Shahane, Shabana Azmi Tweet Tributes
Ashalata Wabgaonkar starred in several acclaimed Bollywood films, some of which are Ahista Ahista, Woh Saat Din, Ankush, Namak Halaal, Shaukeen and Yaadon Ki Kasam
EntertainmentWritten by Nilanjana BasuUpdated: September 23, 2020 11:54 am IST

New Delhi: Veteran actress and Marathi theatre personality Ashalata Wabgaonkar died at the age of 79 after battling COVID-19. Actress Renuka Shahane shared a tribute to the late actress in a tweet written in Marathi, which roughly translates to this heart-wrenching message: "Today has been a sad day. COVID-19 took a very beautiful life. Ashalata Tai merged into infinity. Extremely kind, loving, sensitive, great artist. Peace be upon the soul of Ashalata Tai, who has always blessed me, addressing me as 'Baby'. A heartfelt tribute." Shabana Azmi, who worked with Ashalata Wabgaonkar in 1980 movie Apne Paraye, tweeted: "Deeply saddened. I had the pleasure of working with Ashalata Ji in Basu Chatterjee's Apne Paraye and she was a delight to work with. Condolences to the family." Anil Kapoor, who worked with Ashalata Wabgaokar in 1983 film Woh Saat Din, shared a throwback photo and tweeted: "My heartfelt prayers and condolences to the family."

As per several reports, Ashalata Wabgaonkar was diagnosed with COVID-19 while shooting for Marathi TV show Aai Kalubai in Maharashtrian city Satara last week. She was reportedly admitted to a private hospital in Satara last weekend, where she died on Tuesday. 20 other members of the show have also reportedly tested positive.

Ashalata Wabgaonkar featured in over 100 movies in Hindi and Marathi. Her legacy as a theatre artiste will be remembered for Marathi plays such as Mahananda, Varyavarchi Varaat, Guntata Hridhya He and Chinna. She starred in several acclaimed Bollywood films, some of which are Ahista Ahista, Woh Saat Din, Ankush, Namak Halaal, Shaukeen and Yaadon Ki Kasam . Some of her best known Marathi films include Vahinichi Maya, Umbartha, Navri Mile Navryala and Sutradhar.

Ashalata Wabgaokar also authored the book Gard Sabhowati, which documented her journey as an actress in the film industry.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 32  Next