It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:59 pm 

LOL....Rakhee was good in Kabhi Kabhie....I didnt like her Sharmilee...though she looked beautiful... :) then again, I didn't like Sharmilee..as a whole too...

Rakhee...as a mother, now that was her best period :D btw, you forgot Ram Lakhan! "mere do anmol raatan, RAAAAMM LAKHAAANNNNN...RAM LAKHAN" :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:12 pm 

The lady most suited to Freddie Kruger's role
of "Nightmare on Elm Streets" :lol:

Last edited by armaan on Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:58 pm 

Rita wrote:
sknath wrote:
In fact, half pants by a hero was considered childish (until of cos Shakti Kapoor et al., revived it in the last 80's early 90's)..
In Half ticket KK not only dressed in drag, he also dressed up as a high school kid (in that song, Cheel cheel chillake kajri sunaye)...

Facinating facts about KK- also dressed as a kid!

Going back to the previous topic on tranvestites--

There is another famous 'Glamour Queen' who became
a rage as a heroine in dramas of yesteryear mainly in theaters,
and then went on to become a hero in Hindi and Telegu films.

His name is Dr. Akkineni Rao- the full story can be viewed at:
http://www.screenindia.com/archive/arch ... nt_id=2883

Well Rita one titbit for you !...
Akkineni Nageswara Rao (ANR) is a living legend of Telugu cinema's. I love his acting. However, if you know something..
Sridevi, acted with ANR (as his girlfriend) in a movie called "Premabhishekham"..(it was take off on Devdas but with a modern setting...maybe a telugu version of Safar)
Later in that decade, Sridevi acted with ANR's son, Nagarjuna... (in telugu ) and in hindi (Khuda Gawah :D)
So you see.... (its Indiana Jones - Part 3 in real llife :P)

BTW.. Madhuri Dixit also has done that...
Vinod Khanna in Dayavan
Akshay Khanna in Mohabbat

Can someone come up with other names in this wierd scenario... same heorine with Dad and Son ;) ? (Simi Grewal cannot be in this category..as in Karz, Rishi Kapoor was just taking revenge on her !)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:57 am 

Rita, there is one more such star

Jayaprada

Dharmendra :- Mardon waali Baat
Sunny Deol :- Zabardast !

In fact one more trivia, Sridevi also starred with NT Rama Rao (the other legendary figure of telugu cinema ) and his son, Balakrishna (many years down the lane :D). The movie with NTR was Justice Chowdhary (the telugu version ;) )

BTW folks, did we cover
Deepa Sahi ? (Maya Memsaheb..that passionate kiss with Shahrukh Khan ? )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:23 pm 

Whao Rita.. Hatss off to you !
Reading that stuff took me back a cool 15-20 years. Those were the stuff that I used to read chupke chupke, when my aunt used to buy those gossip mags, Stardust, Star n Style, Cine Blitz & Filmfare..

I must be, but, wondering what REkha and Jaya would have been thinking while making Silsila (in those scenes face-to face) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:23 am 

Wouldnt know;
I guess Abhimaan happend in real life and Jaya had to quit a wonderful career cos of Amitabh.

David in that film was quite right. Jaya was & is more "pratibhashali" than Amitabh. You see, he got his daughter Shweta married off very quickly and we are left with a dud Abhishek, who after 4 years still does not have a hit !

Read that article abt meena Kumari (the same web site).. It was like reading a Kitty Kelly novel :D
eps. Meena Kumari wanting to marry a nobody by the name of Rahul and Dharmendra flirting with Meena Kumari !..Truely intriguing !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:56 pm 

sknath wrote:
Wouldnt know;
I guess Abhimaan happend in real life and Jaya had to quit a wonderful career cos of Amitabh.

David in that film was quite right. Jaya was & is more "pratibhashali" than Amitabh. You see, he got his daughter Shweta married off very quickly and we are left with a dud Abhishek, who after 4 years still does not have a hit !

very true!

everyone....rate this pic of Rakhee... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:33 pm 

Well, she is not as ugly as Freddie Keugar! Sorry Rita, just teasing! LOL :lol:

SHARMILEE's print is the best ever.

In my opinion, many heroines rarely look very attractive when they just start their career. It takes them a few years to become more beautiful and graceful, and learn to deal with glamour! And Sharmilee is of course one of Raakhee's earlier films.

Incidentaly, Raakhee never did become very glamourous. But I don't think she looked that beautiful in Sharmilee (1971) as she did in Kabhi Kabhie (1976). She aged very quickly after that , not sure why!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:44 pm 

sknath wrote:
Can someone come up with other names in this wierd scenario... same heorine with Dad and Son ;) ?

The one I remember most vividly is DIMPLE KAPADIA. And interestingly, she was working with Sunny Deol and Dharmendra around the same time in the mid-1980s... She was also romantically involved with Sunny Deol (according to the gossip magazines of that time anyway), but don't think there was ever a 'real' link between her and Dharmendra...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:57 pm 

The Amitabh-Rekha affair that culminated in the film SILSILA was Bollywood gossip magazine essential materials. I still have Movie and Stardust magazines of that time! It seemed it was Rekha that was deeply inspired by the Bachchan and followed her persona in his footsteps. I heard Rendezvous with Simi Garewal (talk show) questions her on it!

As for MEENA KUMARI, her biography seems to link her with a whole range of men including Dharmendra, Gulzar, Pradeep Kumar and various less known men. She is depicted as a sad, emotional, and promiscious alcoholic, whose funeral even had to be financed by other people as she lost all her wealth by the time of her death. Bechari, if she only lived to see the glory of PAKEEZAH! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:09 pm 

I know Sanjeev Kumar was in love with Hema Malini, and became very heartbroken as the feeling was not mutual. Jeetendra proposed marriage to her, and this was often mentioned in the gossip magazines. As far as I know, she had no personal involvement with Amitabh Bachchan. In fact, at their peak, both of them didn't even work with each other! There was the heroine-oriented Kasauti in the early 1970s, but after that they did not work together as a couple until the 1980s (Naseeb, Satte Pe Satta, Nastik)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:00 pm 

hmmm...i heard Sanjeev Kumar made a pass at Nutan and she slapped him...is this true?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:56 am 

Some more tit bits from the golden era (take it with a grain of salt);

1) Before marrying Salim, Helen was the other woman/business associate to P.N. Aarora (a Producer/director & old enough to be her father). Mid 70's they had a very public break up when Arora sold Helen love letters to all the gossip mag's including Stardust. She sued him in court & won judgement against him with Salim standing by her side.

2) Babita catching Randhir Kapoor with his pants down & filing for divorce.

3) Before Amitabh, Rekha had an torrid affair with the late Vinod Mehra. Latter Vinod divorced his wife to marry Bindiya Goswami who latter ended up divorcing him.

4) Leena Chandavarkar's first husband shot himself on their honeymoon night. latter she married Kishore Kumar who was also married to Madhubala & Yogita Bali. Yogita latter married Mithun.

5) Vyjantimala payed off Dr. Bali's first wife to divorce him so she can marry him.

6) Yes, Nutan did slap Sanjeev on the set of a movie called Devi accusing him of slander.

7) Sanjay Khan breaking Mala Sinha's heart during making of a movie called Dillagi. And yes, that famous catfight bewteen Mala & Sharmila on the set of Humsaya.

8) Rakhi marrying Gulzar then divorcing him and yes her most fav drink called BOOZE.

9) Parveen Babi's nervous breakdown over Kabir Bedi. Also, Babi with Danny Denzogapa who dumped her for being a pyscho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:14 am 

main wohi hoon wrote:
Some more tit bits from the golden era (take it with a grain of salt);

1) Before marrying Salim, Helen was the other woman/business associate to P.N. Aarora (a Producer/director & old enough to be her father). Mid 70's they had a very public break up when Arora sold Helen love letters to all the gossip mag's including Stardust. She sued him in court & won judgement against him with Salim standing by her side.

2) Babita catching Randhir Kapoor with his pants down & filing for divorce.

3) Before Amitabh, Rekha had an torrid affair with the late Vinod Mehra. Latter Vinod divorced his wife to marry Bindiya Goswami who latter ended up divorcing him.

4) Leena Chandavarkar's first husband shot himself on their honeymoon night. latter she married Kishore Kumar who was also married to Madhubala & Yogita Bali. Yogita latter married Mithun.

5) Vyjantimala payed off Dr. Bali's first wife to divorce him so she can marry him.

6) Yes, Nutan did slap Sanjeev on the set of a movie called Devi accusing him of slander.

7) Sanjay Khan breaking Mala Sinha's heart during making of a movie called Dillagi. And yes, that famous catfight bewteen Mala & Sharmila on the set of Humsaya.

8.) Rakhi marrying Gulzar then divorcing him and yes her most fav drink called BOOZE.

9) Parveen Babi's nervous breakdown over Kabir Bedi. Also, Babi with Danny Denzogapa who dumped her for being a pyscho.

10.) Zeenat aman slapping Sanjay Khan on the sets of Abdullah after he made a pass at her (He was married to Zarine Khan)

11.) Amjad Khan's wife and "woh" (Kalpana Iyer) had a hefty cat fight after Amjad Khan's death. It was mostly for Amjad's proprty in Bangalore

MWH... Randhir Kappor with his pants down :O
I cant believe that :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:01 am 

Sknath, are you sure Zeenat Aman slapped Sanjay Khan? The way I understand it, is Zeenat Aman and Sanjay Khan's short-lived marriage ended in a hard slap from Sanjay Khan to Zeenat Aman, provoked by his "proper" wife Zarine Khan ....

Last edited by armaan on Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next