It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: DON 2!!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:28 pm 

Can't believe there is no thread for this movie yet! :shock:

The sequel to DON (2006) starring ShahRukh Khan and Priyanka Chopra... titled DON 2 is releasing on December 23, 2011! :)

I personally LOVED the first DON 8) ... so I am REALLY excited for DON 2!!! :D :D :D (the less said by me the better :lol:)

will post some links for trailers/songs:

Official Teaser of DON 2!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1at8wo8TnEM&hd=1

Official Theatrical Trailer of DON 2!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X5w-6PqoZ0&hd=1

Last edited by SRKluvver on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: DON 2!!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:39 pm 

Zaara Dil Ko Thaam Lo Promo - DON 2!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o2kUxQRNz8&hd=1

Hai Yeh Maya Promo - DON 2!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R2UV1WDuao&hd=1

Dushman Mera Promo - DON 2!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HQVV5NoFqM&hd=1

All I can say is ShahRukh looks too good for words :shock: :shock: :shock: and DON 2 is going to be one slick movie!!! :D :D :D

What did you guys think of DON (2006) and what do you guys think so far of DON 2??? :)

Post subject: DON 2!!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:31 pm 

Is there any song that stick with you? None with me though:( wash off music...at least there was sade la redone paan and a couple other redone tunes from the orig...recently, there is depressive lul in music, unfortunately, my god, preetam, sel, reman all suck. Only face saver to me to listen was marginally vishal shekhar for RA one.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:38 pm 

WILL NOT WASTE MY TIME OR MONEY TO SEE SUCH CRAPP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:37 pm 
Site Admin

Anyone seen this yet? First one was okayish (not on par with the original AB Don).

Ali

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:55 pm 

nope:) did see trailer.

Did see Ra One, Body Guard, liking later over formal. Ra One has no second viewing value while Robot did!

Ah did see MI GR in Imax, it was a thrill ride. and Sherlock Homes..so so.

What next, time shall tell, but aajka Badshah is not SRK, but Sallu Khan, and surprisingly come back of Kareena Kapoor from exile lol.

Btw end credits of BG said thanks to Karisma, did she do voice for Karina or Clothing?

Oh, dont miss Dark Knight final on Imax shall be must see!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:42 pm 

Looks like a case of "Been there, DON that" ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:47 am 

Zoran009 wrote:
nope:) did see trailer.

Did see Ra One, Body Guard, liking later over formal. Ra One has no second viewing value while Robot did!

Ah did see MI GR in Imax, it was a thrill ride. and Sherlock Homes..so so.

What next, time shall tell, but aajka Badshah is not SRK, but Sallu Khan, and surprisingly come back of Kareena Kapoor from exile lol.

Btw end credits of BG said thanks to Karisma, did she do voice for Karina or Clothing?

Oh, dont miss Dark Knight final on Imax shall be must see!

Karisma did the 'phone' voice for Kareena in the film (if you've seen it, you'll know what I'm talking about).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:40 pm 

I saw this over the weekend and I have to say I loved it. It's very well done. It an action movie that stays with the story, it does not move in all sorts of direction as with other indian movies. There is no crazy comedy that is used as fill in that other movies. Its the kind of a movie that shows us that indian movies can in fact move forward. Its the kind of a movie that i would take my american friends to see and I know they will enjoy it also. It is a movie that I am proud to say that the indian industry can in fact do better and has shown it can. This is my opinion of this great action movie and I highly recommed it.
BTW, don't leave the theatre when you see the credits, stay till the very end. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:42 am 

I had the displeasure of watching this in the theater yesterday. What did I think of the movie? I think around thirty odd minutes into the movie, I fell asleep and pretty much slept through the rest of it.

By the way, those of you looking forward to a blu-ray of this, please don't expect a great looking picture. Apparently I saw a digital presentation of the movie and believe you me, the picture looked like crap. To me it looked no better than a poor quality DVD. Absolutely no sharpness, a totally plastic looking picture with DNR applied to the hilt. The whites totally blown out and the blacks non-existent. Quiet honestly, the whole digital revolution, has only mean't a major step back in quality in India. This fact has applied to almost all aspects of audio/video products/services in India and is now totally destroying the bollywood movie viewing experience. Do the producers/directors in bollywood even bother to see what their own films look like and how they are finally presented to the viewer. I have now seen several bollywood movies in digital and all of them have looked horrible. I really wish the theaters would provide information as to which screenings are in digital. I personally would avoid them, like the plague. As for those looking forward to the blu-ray, pray that the digital master used for the theatrical screenings are not what is used for authoring the blu-ray.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:21 am 

True Sanjay, Very True! I wouldn't watch digital in theatres unless there's a compelling reason.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:18 pm 

Sorry to hear a some did not like the movie. I guess we all have our likes and dislkes. I for one as you can tell form my thoughts above, I enjoyed it. Something different, something new from the indian industry. I would love to hear if others did like it or not.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:59 pm 

Saw it Yesterday, 3D version.

I liked it, kids/ teenagers loved it. Rarely hear clapping as the films end, at this theatre, but as this film ended there was lots of clapping and applause.

3D: A few shots were really really spectacular (picture coming out of screen), some OKish, about 30% 3D into the screen and the remaining 60-70% was just 2D. Subtitles sure were 3D (coming out of screen) but that was a good thing that you take your 3D glasses out, when not needed (bigger picture), and subtitles blur out, saving you subtitles read.

I really liked the stage 3D shots, full of performers, and stage front coming out at touching distance.

Film: Film is what was expected. Very slick SRK film. Lots of plots but when that's already expected, there is no interest left in mystery, anymore.

Note the Motor Cycle plate # as the film Ends. It's DON 3. And, don't miss out the video after the film ends. Some end credits begin during the video.

Quote:
BTW, don't leave the theatre when you see the credits, stay till the very end.

raj_d, I left the theatre as the video ended and bulk of the credits started rolling down. I hope, there was nothing much after the video ??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- One of the 3D shots was really messed up giving double lined/ wrinkled face.

- Don & the gang entering the Bank: Background music/ sound seemed like speakers were burst, which were not.

- First time in Ottawa that a Hindi film is showing in 2 theatres. I guess, I'll watch a 2D version in the morning show (just $ 6 ticket in AM shows) and check out the 2 discrepancies.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:41 pm 

I will not waste my precious time to watch. Would spend the same time watching DABAANG :lol: again

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:37 pm 

Glad you liked it Rana, no you did not miss anything after the credits, it was just that one video.

Sasural, please do give it chance, its not your typical indian movie if that what you're intereste in. It just something new from the industry. I mean you enjoy the american movies i'm sure so why not give this a chance and see what you think.