All times are UTC

Post subject: ACTION REPLAYY (2010)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:10 am 

Movie: Action Replayy
Cinema Release: 5 november 2010
Cast: Akshay Kumar, Aishwarya Rai-Bachchan, Randhir Kapoor, Neha Dhupia
Director: Vipul Amrutlal Shah
Genre: Romance/Comedy

Action Replayy is a fantasy set in the times of 1970s. Set for the film is built in Karjat and is designed in a way which looks like a South Mumbai of 1970s.

Trailer: Action Replayy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:07 pm 

really not sure what to expect from this film, the realease is just a few weeks away and there's still only 2 promos out. probably the first akki film in a long time to get such a low key promotion.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:23 pm 

Music stinks;( pee wee:(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:56 am 

i was hoping vipul would use some of the older songs from 70's and 80's like how the movie dil vil par vyar did but doing a tribute to r d burman. he should have done the same instead of giving it to a joke of a composer called pritam.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:19 am 

saw the movie over the weekend and loved it! def vipul's best after NL. akshay plays 3 roles in the movie and does a good job of it, especially the nerdy and the old look. he has not gone over the top like the priyandarshan movies. Ash was a little dissapointing she was very uncomfortable in the comic scenes but does well in the remaining part. Aditya roy kapoor, had the best role in the film after akshay and length wise had the longest part of the movie, he was terrific for a new comer and can do wonders with the right scripts, another reason to watch guzarish would be for aditya. ran vijay, om puri, kiron kher and rajpal yadav did well in their small roles.

I loved the movie mainly because the humor was not forced or fake, it was very light hearted. emotional scenes were also done well and once again nothing too heavy. Akshay's performance a another highlight. music actually sounded a lot better when you watch it during the narrative of the movie. overall story was good and had its heart in the right place. vipul shah has done a splendid job with the direction. in spite of the short run time of 2 hours, i would still felt the last song tera mera pyar should have been edited out.

overall the film is a great watch with clean humor and fun. 4/5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:55 am 

Vipul Shah's Action Replayy is a good comedy movie. I watched it with friends in cinema. really like it. Give it 4/5.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:31 am 

markden111 wrote:
Vipul Shah's Action Replayy is a good comedy movie. I watched it with friends in cinema. really like it. Give it 4/5.

Where was the comedy? in Akki's teeth?lol.

I need show of hands who adored this film and who did not ? Neh, vs Yeh :lol: Now I am laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:01 pm 

This movie has everything and yet it does not seem overexaggerated or cramped. I really enjoyed this film, after about a year I actually attended, laughed through, and sometimes yelled through a full-length films. I can not believe it got such poor ratings.

---------------------------------------------------
*EDIT*
SIGNATURE removed for spamming.

Last edited by Sanjay on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
"brayanscholar" is a spammer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:20 am 

Yaar I am amazed with your scholarly sensitivity towards these films. How do you view tees maar?