All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:06 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:42 am 

:roll: Is this the Godfather remake?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:40 pm 

Family - (Ties of Blood)

Director Rajkumar Santoshi has started the second schedule for producer Keshu Ramsay and AB Corp Ltd’s Family - (Ties of Blood) at Natraj Studio, Andheri (West), where a set of house is erected. Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar, debutant Aryeman and Gulshan Grover are in the cast. The film is being directed by Rajkumar Santoshi and has story by Shaktimaan, screenplay by Rajkumar Santoshi, Shridhar Raghavan and Rajat Arora, dialogue by Rajkumar Santoshi and Tigmanshu Dhulia, music by Ram Sampat, art by Nitish Roy, cinematography by Ashok Mehta and audiography by Kiran Ramsay. It is AB Corp Ltd & DMS Films (P) Ltd presentation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:50 pm 
Site Admin

Promos here;

http://d.indiafm.com/trailors/f/family/family1.zip

http://d.indiafm.com/trailors/f/family/family2.zip

http://d.indiafm.com/trailors/f/family/family3.zip

http://d.indiafm.com/trailors/f/family/family4.zip

http://d.indiafm.com/trailors/f/family/family5.zip

http://d.indiafm.com/trailors/f/family/family8.zip

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

One more here;

http://broadband.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1302793.cms

Kadar Khan is back :shock: :o

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:38 pm 

Looks like santoshi 's version of SARKAAR!

I hope music is good atleast :roll: :?: :idea: who is composer? Is it Ram Sampat again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:40 pm 

Well, listened to just released music by Ram sampat indeed!!
Verdict..not happening for me!!

It will ride the same bandwagon of industry but not mine!!
I thought Khakee was huge soundtrack, and had lilting melody!

Try 3 extras songs added from Khakee to Family and see what's wrong with this family..I see a stylized/polished Sarkaar in Santoshi style! :roll: :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:50 am 

Seems to be a boring movie to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:44 am 

I think it looks interesting. I haven't heard anything about the film's being "inspired by" The Godfather, and the trailers don't make it look as though it is...but, hey, you never know. I hope it's an original, entertaining film, like 2004's Khakee. Also, I hope they give Amitabh Bachchan more to do than Ram Gopal Varma did, in Sarkar. ALSO (lol), I hope the film doesn't have grossly unnecessary, detrimental song-sequences, as did Khakee ("Wada Raha," especially, was just totally uncalled for).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:51 am 

Just sunane ke waaste chaheey bhaii, chattney ke waastey nahin!!

Bhaii acha music tou banao, film maan beshak mat istamal karo!!

Family is a let down to Khakee!! music imho!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:48 am 

So, apparently they've delayed the release of Family; it's no longer coming out on December 23, 2005. I suppose this may be somewhat due to the horrible opening of Ek Ajnabee; I think it'd be best for them to wait until mid- to late-January, though I am quite eager to see it. One thing I must say, is that the promotion for this film seems a little...subtle. With Ek Ajnabee, there was sufficient hype; here, however, we barely even know that the film is ready for release. Also, I've seen only two commercials for this movie, and one of them is a "song commercial." Oh, well, I really hope Family kicks ass. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:22 pm 

Commando303 wrote:
...I hope it's an original, entertaining film, like 2004's Khakee.

The opening sequence in Khaki was inspired from gunfights in Saving Private Ryan in which Tom Hanks tends to go deaf in the face of loud gunfire and the soundtrack is "muffled" to indicate what Tom Hanks can "hear"... and then suddenly when Tom is again aware and alert, the soundtrack is loud and in full glory.

BTW, Aan and Khaki were pretty similar too.

Meanwhile, Khaki had numerous plot holes... that was its drawback. If you try to think through it back to front (or from finish to start), the plot holes become very very evident... the whole thing does not fit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:48 am 

NewDeep wrote:
Commando303 wrote:
...I hope it's an original, entertaining film, like 2004's Khakee.

The opening sequence in Khaki was inspired from gunfights in Saving Private Ryan in which Tom Hanks tends to go deaf in the face of loud gunfire and the soundtrack is "muffled" to indicate what Tom Hanks can "hear"... and then suddenly when Tom is again aware and alert, the soundtrack is loud and in full glory.

BTW, Aan and Khaki were pretty similar too.

Meanwhile, Khaki had numerous plot holes... that was its drawback. If you try to think through it back to front (or from finish to start), the plot holes become very very evident... the whole thing does not fit.

OK, the opening sequence of Khakee was nothing like that of Saving Private Ryan. I can understand drawing some comparisons bewteen shooting styles, and techniques of films, but that's just ridiculous; it's like saying that The Matrix resembles Titanic because both films were shot in color. Aan (which was horrible) was similar to Khakee really only in so far as its being an "Indian 'cop film'"; also, Aan came after Khakee, so it's not really telling at all of Khakee's originality. Hell, 2004 was more or less the "year of cop films," in India (a couple of others that come to mind are Garv and Ab Tak Chhappan). I didn't feel that Khakee had any glaring plot holes. Feel free to point some out, if you can remember any. All in all, I found that Khakee was a great action-entertainer, that successfully managed to take Amitabh Bachchan back to his "action-film roots." Other films, later in his career, tried to re-capture his "angry/revenge-seeking" persona (e.g., Mrityudaata, Lal Baadshah, Major Saab), but none really worked; Khakee brought back, to the screen, that magic.

Rajkumar Santoshi often seems to make good films. While Khakee is one example, Andaz Apna Apna and Ghayal are two others. I'm hoping that Family doesn't disappoint.

http://glamsham.com/movies/scoops/06/jan/04family.asp:

"Among the eagerly anticipated January releases that are expected to rake rich returns at the box-office is Rajkumar Santoshi’s 'FAMILY - Ties of Blood'. The film has been scheduled for a January 13 release and its distributors are extra confident about its box-office prospects. According to veteran Nizam distributor, Ravi Macchar, who has had the privilege of releasing several all of Santoshi films, from CHINA GATE to PUKAAR and LAJJA, there are no two ways about the film making its mark. “I know for a fact that Rajkumar Santoshi never makes a bad film. He’s one of the finest directors that we have in the industry but this film of his has a very different feel to it. It will undoubtedly hit the bull’s eye at the box-office,” Macchar enthuses.

According to him, FAMILY is replete with intense emotions and some daredevil action, which was last seen in Santoshi’s GHATAK. “Besides Amitabh Bachchan has a totally different role in the film and the audiences are looking forward to seeing the Amitabh-Akshay combination once again after WAQT,” he reveals. Another young actor in the film according to him who is likely to stand out for his performance is producer Keshu’s son Aryeman. “He’s given a very impressive performance despite it being his acting debut,” adds Macchar.

Incidentally, FAMILY is slated for release opposite Sanjay Gupta and Sanjay Dutt’s stylized film, ZINDA. One will have to wait and watch which of the two films catch the attention of the audiences."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:15 am 
I was really looking forward to this because I'm an Akshay fan, but now I'm starting to think he's simply guest starring in it and the film will be devoted to launching Aryeman. I still have faith in RKS as a director regardless of the cast, though... We'll see. I hope it doesn't get trampled by Zinda.

Post subject: umm
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:29 am 

Commando303 wrote:
OK, the opening sequence of Khakee was nothing like that of Saving Private Ryan. I can understand drawing some comparisons bewteen shooting styles, and techniques of films, but that's just ridiculous; it's like saying that The Matrix resembles Titanic because both films were shot in color.

My apologies :-) -- did not want to see you hassled, but please allow me to re-state what I observed.

What I said was "the opening sequence in Khakee (in which police and outlaws are involved in a gunfight and in which the soundtrack toggles between 'muffled' sounds and 'loud glorious gunshots') was INSPIRED from the gunfights in Saving Private Ryan in which the same technique of alternate loud sounds and muffled sounds is used."

Do watch the opening of Khakee again and focus on the soundtrack technique -- it's a clear inspiration from Saving Private Ryan...

Plot holes in Khakee -- several. Give me some time to write them out. Thx. (Just compare what is revealed in the end with what happens in the start and the middle of the movie -- you will see then discover some stupidity in the script.)