It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:55 am 

The Dark Knight Rises has been released with English subtitles in India, well, at least in Delhi, probably because of the complaints worldwide about muffled/ inaudible dialogue. In fact, at PVR Priya New Delhi, even the sound effects appeared a little toned down and less loud than you'd expect. At first I thought it was as a mark of respect to the victims of the Denver theatre killings on the night of the opening of the movie, but maybe, the sound effects have been toned down to make spoken dialogue clearer. The subtitles also revealed dialogues that just could not be heard! Maybe all this would be fixed in the DVDs and BDs...

Nolan's earlier Batman movies suffered from abrupt and not-so-smooth cuts to the next scene -- Dark Knight Rises too suffers the same way -- the editing between scenes is not sharp.

But at the end of the day, a thoroughly enjoyable movie, and lengthy as I like 'em

As with Nolan's other movies, The Dark Knight Rises too has "interpret your own ending".

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:58 pm 

I totally agree! Even with no English accent I could not understand at least 50% of spoken language if not more;( I thought it was my bad ears lol
I am sorry to say that I did get the ending but the torturous length and slow pace got me esp when none of the character ever stood out taking over the show;( I would prefer films like inception over this any day

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:09 pm 

Truly this is life imitating art.

Colorado Shooting Victims Wear Batman T-Shirts to James Holmes Court HearingImage

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/c ... _campaign=

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:12 am 

newDEEP wrote:
The Dark Knight Rises has been released with English subtitles in India, well, at least in Delhi, probably because of the complaints worldwide about muffled/ inaudible dialogue.

Actually I believe, 'English subtitles on a English movie' is the new trend in India, just like all the English TV channels in India. ONe more reason for me to shun movie theaters in India. 'Jai Ho' blu-ray ki.

newDEEP wrote:
In fact, at PVR Priya New Delhi, even the sound effects appeared a little toned down and less loud than you'd expect.

This too is pretty much the par for the course for English movies at PVR theaters across the NCR. On the other hand, Hindi movies are always excruciatingly, too loud in PVR theaters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:47 am 

Looong back, when Satyam Cinema, Patel Nagar, New Delhi, reopened with dts 5.1, and screened Independence Day, it blew away PVRs and everything else in Delhi. PVRs appeared feeble in comparison. Lately, PVR have done some improvements, but yes, they may still be lacking the punch. However, in this case, TDKR, I think there's either a deliberate boost-up of the speech channel or a tone-down of the surround channels, to allow audience to comprehend dialogue.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:13 am 

Satyam Cinema's have the best sound in the NCR region. In fact for a long, long time, I refused to watch a movie except at Satyam. But it's been a while now since I saw a movie there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:31 am 

Sanjay wrote:
Satyam Cinema's have the best sound in the NCR region. In fact for a long, long time, I refused to watch a movie except at Satyam. But it's been a while now since I saw a movie there.

same here!!