It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:09 pm 

HI! I am a DVD enthusiast from INDIA and am looking for the moderators' help in putting this thread in the appropriate group (if "Piracy" is not where this should be). Thx!

The Indian DVD market is now exciting... with great quality DVDs being manufactured and distributed by some companies such as Excel, Saregama, Shemaroo, Eros, UTV, etc.

However, several genuine DVDs, especially those that are licensed to New-Delhi companies, are manufactured with awful quality, especially in terms of audio---and this is so frustrating! They will say "Dolby Digital" on the cover, but the sound will be mono - the same sound coming out from all the five speakers in a home theatre setup! Simply disgusting! It is like you are watching pirated movies. Some examples are - Ab Tak Chhappan, Ek Hasina Thee, Darna Mana Hai, D, Alexander, -- all made by "Eagle" in New Delhi. Will Eagle please take notice!!

Post subject: Eagle
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:38 pm 

Eagle is one of the worst DVD companies in India. I had a few DVDs from Eagle, and the audio is really bad. Hopefully Eagle will shape since in the Indian market you got Shemaroo, UTV, and Excel outputing good DVDs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:08 pm 

eagle does have a new logo -- any real improvement though?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:53 am 

You should see Eros's HDDCS and Rangeela. Awful quality!! Mono sound coming out from all 5 channels and loads of hissing.

newDEEP, have you seen all these DVDs I'm talking about? They are as horrendous as pirates .

I hope I'm not the only one who hates ZEros's HDDCS?? Ppl please support me ;) I'm feeling lonely bashing Eros's HDDCS. No one has ever spoken a word against ZEros HDDCS.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:32 pm 

Agreed. Eros Hum Dil de was poor. Better than DEI though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:13 am 

eagle seems to have turned over a new leaf. their newer transfers are better and some of the new DVDs have dts 5.1 also!