It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: www.DVDDhamaka.com sucks
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:23 am 

Think twice before buying DVD's from http://www.dvddhamaka.com. I bought about 10 DVDs and 2 of them were pirate copy and won't play well so I send for replacement but never got anything back not even a refund. I sent them 3 emails never got a reply back.They advertise that " WE BELEIVE IN QUALITY SERVICE" , I think it means that they service their pockets first.
Their DVDs are cheaper because most of them are pirate copy. So stay away from them unless you need a headache.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:37 am 

I e-mailed them about how come some of their "original" DVDs were so cheap, and why they had only one disc (as the "official releases" never came out with a non-2-disc version). They responded to me saying that there are "committed to quality." Umm... :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:27 pm 

Unfortunately most of these websites are a one man show, they can pay some money and hire one or two people to take care of customers but they dont want to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:00 pm 

CRAZYDVDBUYER wrote:
Unfortunately most of these websites are a one man show, they can pay some money and hire one or two people to take care of customers but they dont want to.

They cant. Most of the sites make $1 or $2 margin/DVD and 50 to 75 cents / CD, so unless they sell like 2000 DVD or 5000 CD there is no way someone one can even think about hiring ppl.

I know that NehaFlix and IndiaPlaza and dvdunlimited (he he) dont do pirated stuff. I would suggest that you stick with these folks than going to somebody else for $1 or $2 less and hurt yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:33 am 

IndiaPlaza is a shit-house. OK, so I've had only one experience with them, but it was simply bad. First, they didn't have one of the "free" items in stock; then, rather than ask if I wanted a refund for the "set" (it was like a "buy two CDs, get this particular DVD free" deal), they just never mentioned anything about it. When I contacted them, they said they'd allow me to choose a free item of my own, within a certain price range; they told me that they'd e-mail me by the next day, and that I ought to respond with what I want. I never got an e-mail, and, about a week later, a random DVD of low value (and one I never wanted) arrived at my door. I just swore them off after that.

ALSO, I abhor IndiaPlaza's un-skippable commercials at the start of several DVDs (including WEG's release of Agneepath).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:27 am 

indiaplaza, no i don't think so! not just prices but in past I had ordered after weeks found that was not in stock!

Even After 7 orders with them only 1 of them was delivered! so finally called them before placing order, if they confirm that item is in stock as I had to found out weeks after in past, guy confirmed that they do. so placed order than week later found out it's out!

they even wake me up from sleep now every now and than to see if I am interested in any promotion over phone :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:28 am 

They actually call you to sell you shit? OK, you need to curse these people the hell out. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:34 am 

yup, they call for marketing.

called me when they had veer zaara, salaam namaste, kal ho naa ho dvds were out, and called on sunday all time about 10 am, heck I go to sleep at 9 am since I work nights :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:39 am 

Commando303 wrote:
IndiaPlaza is a shit-house. OK, so I've had only one experience with them, but it was simply bad.

Oops... My posting was about pirated stuff and not customer service or wake up calls. sorry guys...

Post subject: india plaza
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:40 pm 

IndiaPlaza.com is another rip off. Once they know your phone number they will talk you into buying DVDs that you are not really interested. They kept bugging me to buy Mahabharat and VishnuPuran set for more than what's it's cost. Cheaper to buy elsewhere. Also be careful not to give your credits card#, their will bill your credit card for stuff you didn't even buy or bill you twice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:18 pm 

Oh, my god, Ram Nand, I had no idea it was that bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:54 pm 

well indiaplaza no doubt are not good but never had such outrageous experience with them. I thought they did not have time to return your calls even :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:20 am 

I had a couple of out of stock dvds in my orders and they always charged me for that and sent me when the dvds came back in stock, sometimes it would take even 2 months. They have even refunded my cc a couple of time when I requested them to. With any company as such I make sure to check the credit card statements carefully ,because you never know if you are charged correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:39 pm 

I have never ordered from Indiaplaza nor Dvddhamaka but I was thinking about it, since they both have some dvds/cds that I want. But after reading some of the comments here, I'm glad I didn't order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:06 pm 

sweetfriend wrote:
Surely they sell Shemaroo-Ultra T series etc--These companies do not have US rights for their movies.So Dvddhamaka is not a villian

Most of the companies do not have copyright for even US copyrighted products. Only when company decide to take serious action against retailers (and etailers are blessed here!) they register the copyright in US and work on it.

I hope you understand that there is a clear difference between an illegal product and a product copyrighted in India.

FYI, US also does not have any restriction on product copyrighted elsewhere and it is LEGALLY allowed to carry them here.