It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:56 pm 

I will be visiting Toronto at the end of june. I want to buy some 2 in 1 dvds.

BTW, which are some decent indian/pakistani restaurents in toronto downtown area?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:15 pm 

Hi Technogeek :) This was discussed in a previous thread already, below is a quote from .. Click Here For Thread

rana wrote:
Choice of shop depends on what you want.

For official DVDs, I find ASIAN Video as cheapest (at least in my case) among other official DVD retailers. They are West of Pearson International Airport, on Midway street/ ave/---.

If you are not going that way, as it's far away and this is the only Indian store/ warehouse around, you can pick up your DVDs at any of the other shops like, Video Palace (Ruby Queen Plaza at Derry and Airport Rd), Appolo Video (Airport Road), New Param Video at Islington. Their prices are competitive and if you are not buying too many DVDs, then the price difference may not warrant driving around searching for cheapest buys (you will spend on Gas instead). Originals will cost you anywhere between $ 13 and $ 22, except for YRF stuff that may be more.

If you are looking for # 2 stuff, then PAANORAMA at Donlands, 'Khaaike Paan Phir Video' (don't remember exact address, but it's near Hwy 404 and Toll Hwy 407. In 2in1 DVDs, VISION DVDs are on a better media (more Goldish than even some originals) and are generally better than other multi-in-1 brands. 2in1s should cost you anywhere bet $ 6 to $ 9. If buying in bulk, some shops like Majeed (next to Video Palace) sell 20 DVDs for $ 100. But, beware, when you buy replicas or # 2 stuff, the content may or may not be a replica of the version labelled on the cover. Also, mostly, they get anamorphic replicas wrong. Of course media is mostly Time Bomb.

If you are looking for DEI-EROS titles, I saw a lots of them at ASIAN Video recently, that never used to carry them in the past as they are loyal/ partners to EROS. Shop that always carried most of the DEI-EROS titles is Appolo Video at Airport Rd.

Most of stores that carry Replicas or # 2 stuff, also carry Original DVDs, but how do you know that you are getting Original when you are paying price of Original??

Another noteworthy name is Saahib Video. urbanlegend can give you that address.

Rana

BTW, Don't shop at Gerrard St. What sells for $ 6 at Paanorama, or 20 DVDs for $ 100 at Majeed etc, sells for $ 12 to $ 15 at Gerrard St. (my experience). Originals are more, but you never know if you are getting an original.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]