It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:22 am 

Situation: I ordered Kal Ho Na Ho, LOC and two CDs last Sunday. I wanted them by today, so that I could get a chance to finally see Kal Ho Na Ho (since it's a long weekend and I hardly ever get time to watch the film).

Hasn't come today. It's a long weekend, so it won't arrive now for a while.

I go online to check my order status and it says that it's still processing. At this point, I became rather angry. I called their "tech support" and left an angry message. Then I wrote this angry e-mail:

Quote:
I ordered a few DVDs and two CDs last Sunday (February 8th). They have not arrived yet. I paid extra for UPS shipping, which your website claims to be "3-5 days." I paid specifically to get my DVDs in time for the long weekend; however, they are not here and won't be delivered at all until next Tuesday at the earliest.

Why do I say "at the earliest?" Because when I use your invoice tracking number on your website, it tells me that my order has not yet been processed and to bear with you. Now, regarding the former, maybe the "3-5 days" you claim meant how long it would take to process my order. God knows how long it will take to ship the order.

You have the invoice number, my e-mail address, and my phone number. I want an explanation as soon as possible as to where my order is, why it isn't here yet, why your website says it isn't processed yet, and how this will be compensated for.

Yes, that is correct. Not only did I pay an exorbitant amount of money for shipping on DVDs with a marginally reduced price, apparently, it takes more to get the DVDs here when it's promised to be here. I buy DVDs from Indiaweekly not because the prices are a little lower, but because it's a matter of convenience for me. However, shipping items on time is a major part of convenience, and you haven't delivered on this. This is definitely not the first time an order took too long to arrive (I once ordered a DVD with USPS shipping that took a month to arrive), it's just that I am now rather irritated, as you should be able to tell by the tone of this e-mail. If this issue is not taken care of as soon as is possible, I will most definitely start buying my DVDs from the store, because that way, at least I know that I'll have the DVDs in my hand.

Your website makes the claim of having a "streamlined operation," however, from what I know, taking more than five days to process an order is hardly "streamlined." Perhaps you should work on that a little more.

I want an answer soon, because this is most definitely a frustrating use of my time and money. Once again, you have my phone number and my e-mail address. Call me or e-mail me as soon as is possible, even if you do have a "heavy volume of sales" (or is that heavy volume of complaints?) Also, please do note that having an answering machine as a substitute for tech support is hardly excusable. American Tech companies are shipping tech support jobs to India, but I’m sure you still have enough people willing to take the job of a live tech support person. I know that I will not receive a phone call from Indiaweekly any time soon.

In the absence of a good explanation and/or compensation, I will most definitely take my business elsewhere, be it to a physical store or a competing Indian DVD store on the internet.

Thank you, and please have this taken care of immediately.

Please die now Indiaweekly, and Nehaflix can thank you for a new customer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:42 am 

:fight: Useally, It does takes processing time of 2 - 5 days unfortunately :doze: I remember nehaflix didn't ship my order once for 7 Days after paying for 2 - 3 Days shipping and indiaplaza same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:08 am 

They're all pretty much the same. No use wasting time getting frustrated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:20 am 

Maybe a retail store?

Amazon.com says it'll take 10 days and it comes in three. Here, Indiaweekly says 3 days and it will probably take ten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:21 am 

nah if you go to online indian store, they all are same :D Buy yeh like amazon and buy.com pretty fast. I ordered many times from buy.com and I choose priority mail, I see the product delivered second day - Just like overnight Delivery :love: maximum 2 days after I place an order. But they have more people working so..

might just want to drive by a local retail shop if any.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:02 pm 

I wouldn't pay much attention to the online tracking because they never really update it.

There's probably some problem with your order because I was in the same exact boat as you. I ordered the KHNH DVD late Sunday night and paid extra shipping for Priority mail hoping to have the DVD in time for the long weekend just like you. I checked Tuesday and it said the order is still processing and to bear with them. I was going to wait another day, and if it hadn't shipped by then, I would've gotten in touch with them. Surprisingly though, the DVD arrived Wednesday afternoon so I was a happy customer. I just checked the order tracking now, and it still says the order is under processing, so i don't have any faith in that system anymore. I live in NYC, and they ship from Connecticut so that's probably why I got it within 2 days. Your location might be playing a factor in this if you're out west or in Canada or something. West could take the maximum 5 days for priority mail, and Canada has their own problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:20 pm 

I'm in California, but at least that thought is somewhat comforting.

I just think that if I paid extra money to get it within "3-5 days" that I deserve just that.

They had better refund my shipping charges or I am seriously taking my business elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:40 pm 

I bet you get a phone call from IW. A while back I mentioned bad service I had received from IW on these forums and the same day I had a phone call from Afzal @ IW who sorted everything out for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:47 am 

I have received neither a phone call nor an e-mail as of yet.

I really, really, really want to see Kal Ho Na Ho. I may just go out and rent it with the money that IW owes me back for shipping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:17 am 

Keep in mind that it's 5 business days for shipping. So if you ordered on Sunday, they process it on Monday and ships out either late Monday or Tuesday. So after that, it's in the hands of the USPS, who might take the full 5 days to deliver to Cali. So going by that, you should be getting it early next week and can't blame it much on IW. When you receive the package, just check when it was postmarked and if they did ship it priority. That's the only way you can fault them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:26 am 

IW is not fast as they used to be. When I use their online tracking form, it giving me wrong information. Wrong cd names, and the ones i bought last week are shipped on year 2000 with different titles.

I am paying extra 2 bucks for the 2-5 day service, but I am not getting the products even after 7 days. I am not forgetting their old fast services, but past is past.

The best online site to me is themahal.com. Within 3-4 days I get the movie with FEDEX. The fastest online serivce I ever recieved. I love themahal for that fast service.

Edited By Kuttappan on 1076812459

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:36 pm 

i would have tried themahal.com, but they never respond to the email.

i even heard right here on zulm, that two person tried themahal.com and never got their goods which they have already been charged for.

indiaweekly was never consistent with their service (at least not with me). however ever since i shifted to nehaflix, their service have been quite consistent. there were two orders (that's 2 out of possibly 50+ orders) that didn't go smoothly.. they claimed it was due to the new hire. i beleived them and didn't see that happen again.

tried erosentertainment.com few times, and they dont have "poor communication". they simply have NO communication. bunch of mo**** fu****s.

tried dvddhamaka.com once, understanding. will try them again later.

because of the good communication, and consistent service.. nehaflix would always be my choice! atleast they try their level best to send the package at earliest possible time. i can see it clearly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:52 pm 

I placed 3 orders with eros, and they sent the packages with UPS, and I got it with in a week. Themahal.com always replied my mails, and always provided excellent customer service. The shipping is unbelievable, I always get the products with in 3-4 days of order. IW always reply the emails, but that doesn't mean i have to wait 10 days for to get the products.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:23 am 

LOL monizam....!!! Same here. I am keep going to the fricking IW. I wanna try other places, but ......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:06 pm 

how come indiaweekly have never screwed up an order placed by us brits.. i know a handful of the zulmis and none of us have had problems..

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next