It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:41 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 12:57 am 

Hi to everyone! Could anyone list the online sites India Weekly considers 'legitimate' against which it will price match? Also how is the reduction administered: I mean is it given as a refund or something? Thanxs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 1:02 am 

Please advise sknath " IW official spkesman" :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 1:03 am 

:D :D :D :D :D :D

good question for service@indiaweekly.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 10:01 am 

armaan wrote:
Hi to everyone! Could anyone list the online sites India Weekly considers 'legitimate' against which it will price match? Also how is the reduction administered: I mean is it given as a refund or something? Thanxs

Typically they apply a credit on your credit card but oddly sometimes you will recieve a cheque along with the DVD ordered. I have price matched only with nehaflix.com a couple of times. Contact indiaweekly.com though if you want to know more...hope it helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 10:40 pm 

armaan wrote:

Well did you find the answers yet, please up date us with the findings I myself am curious but too lazy to find out. Is IW that good as people here claims.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 12:32 am 

i order few times from I W they will charge on you C C
The price they have on their site . then they will credit back on your CC whatever the amount is after 10 % price beat .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 12:06 pm 

Thanxs for the response. IW has given me a price match against Eros. The procedure is a bit tedious as a refund is credited to your account at a later date. I'd be interested in other sites against which people have got a price matches with IW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:10 pm 

Good for u!!3 Cheers for IW!! :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:34 pm 

armaan wrote:
The procedure is a bit tedious as a refund is credited to your account at a later date.

I'd be interested in other sites against which people have got a price matches with IW.

``hello people. armaan wants to know if their is any other webstore which would pricematch to IQ.``

and armaan, i believe there are webstores out there which wouldn't irritate you. i once used to be nearly a chamcha of IQ but now it's been a while i left IndiaQuickly because of this same reason. Beside all the good thing, they are also good at cheating, irritating people.

:fight:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 9:29 pm 

Shuman, I think I didn't phrase my question very well! What I wanted to know was if there are other sites whose prices are more competitive than IndiaWeekly so I can get IndiaWeekly to match them as I do my purchases from them. I dont think IndiaWeekly is brilliant but its the most acceptable to me in what appears to be a very corrupt market.

I'm based in UK so is limited by a practically a non-existent UK dvd online market and risk custom charges whilst importing dvds from UK. Additionally the price of dvds generally happens to much lower in USA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 4:45 pm 

IndiaWeekly has refused to price match my latest order with dvd dhamaka on the basis that this site does not specify the brand on the site, and therefore could ship inferior brands. Interestingly, they defined dvddhamaka and most other sites as 'legitimate' for price match in the preceding mail! And eros entertainment against whom they have given price match to me on several occassion also don't specify brand names....

Confused - any IW reps here? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 6:28 pm 

I guess that's the best you can get having IndiaQuickly price match to http://www.erosentertainment.com which you are doing.

pricematching to nehaflix.com is also sometime a good deal. It's a very good excuse why IQ dont pricedo dvddhamaka because they dont mention the brand names.

try pricematching to cdstore.com.pk, rarely you will see dvd or two better priced on that website. and this website sure mention the brand name. see what IQ has to say about them.

??? :laugh: :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 8:15 pm 

Actually there is more than a dvd or two cheaper at Nehaflix. IW prices have recently been inflated quite a bit, hence why I need so many price matches! Their prices also flactuate up and down, sometimes throughout the same day, that you could gamble on them...

As for CD store... Well that would be interesting.... as cdstore's 'legtimatcy' seems questionable as they are doing some of Yash Raj dvds cheaper than any other 'genuine' site....

But IW has emailed me to confirm that they will price match against this site too... But I'm expecting many confusions and controversies when I actually place the order and demand a price match. I'll keep you informed....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 1:23 am 

Shuman Bhai you keep refering to IW as Indiaquickly. Indulge me please, I am curious.
Something we ought to know? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 1:55 am 

JamesBond007 wrote:
Shuman Bhai you keep refering to IW as Indiaquickly. Indulge me please, I am curious.
Something we ought to know? :D

LOL :D

During the period when i was a dear customer and more than just a customer to IQ, who would actually backup IQ on zulm. Eventhough knowing that the accusations that have been posted here against IQ is/are true, i always supported IQ (i know, in my dictionary i call that "being a true chamcha"). One thing i notice they always quick enough to grab $ and pretty slow (to the point, you gotta nag) to provide a customer service with satisfaction. I excused them almost all the time, but on my last order with them, i 've lost it and left them.

:fight: :laugh: :cool: