It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2001 9:56 pm 

Hello,

I just preordered Lagaan DVD at Amazon.com USA right now - I'm using Amazon.com to help give Hindi DVDs more mainstream visibility, and because I have credit there. :)

After ordering, it gives me a screen to send a further 10% discount to anyone by entering the email address (which must be the same email address on their Amazon.com account).

I can put in multiple email addresses, but who knows when I'll next need to reboot. :) And those who have submitted their email address can't wait forever to order, so I'll keep it open a half day, full day, 2 days, who knows? (I hope the screen doesn't expire).

When I submit the page, I will post here to close the thread.

The current Amazon.com price is $20.97 , which is their customary 25% off, and shipping is $2.98 for regular, or $5.98 for second day (usually UPS).

They do NOT charge your credit card until they ship, so you can order, and then cancel prior to shipment if you see a better deal (but as I mentioned, using a mainstream store for this DVD should help a little).

You can email me your email address or post it here if you don't need to keep it private.

PS You can get a further $5 off of any Amazon.com order totalling a minium of $35 by using the promotional code:

CHNKBKAMZNFT

PPS I'm not receiving anything for this, since I get one 10% credit off a future purchase, but I already have one non-zulm friend whose address I'm listing, and they only give one credit per item shared - BUT everyone whose address I list gets the 10% additional off Lagaan, so I thought I would share that with Zulm members, since I've received lots of great advice from using this board.

Edited By kstuart on Dec. 29 2001 at 22:08

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2001 3:02 am 

Hi kstuart,

I must say that you are indeed doing a noble deed by preordering from Amazon. I am still wrestling with the idea if I should order from Amazon or Indiandvdstore ($17.99!!) or maybe wait for Indiaweekly's store to have one. I would like to of course as you say give Hindi DVDs more mainstream visibility but then again the price does matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2001 3:10 am 

Kstuart,thanks for the info but US retailers like Best Buy usually price new DVD release's between $17.99-19.99 (regular price 24.99-27.99) which is much cheaper than some on online bargins. So buyer's do have a choice where to buy their DVD's from.

lakeshore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2001 3:17 am 

For everyone who takes advantage of this, it's:

$20.97 - $2.10 (10%) = $18.87 minus $5 off the order if you order another item of roughly equivalent cost.

So, it is comparable to the prices you mention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2001 4:42 pm 

Since I have to reboot, the offer is now closed, and the thread can be closed, too.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]