It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Indiaweekly - scam?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:58 am 

The last time I placed an order with Indiaweekly, they claimed that two of the DVDs were out of stock, and sent me an e-mail (after dispatching the order :roll: ) with store credit to use with my next order. I placed another order with them last week, using this store credit, and believe it or not, one of the DVDs I ordered is out of stock. So I get another e-mail with more store credit to use with my next order. I've asked for the money to be refunded to my card.

Is this a scam by IW to get people to go back - especially UK customers, who are likely to buy 4-5 DVDs to justify the shipping costs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:45 pm 

This has happened many times with me recently as well - getting numerous e-mails saying that some DVDs I've ordered are out-of-stock, even though they're still being listed as in-stock on the site. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:47 am 

That's happened to me on Eros's site; why the hell don't these jack-pricks list items as OUT OF STOCK, when they are made aware (by someone's placing an order) that they do not currently have any? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:13 pm 

I have never had an out of stock problem with nehaflix.com in the dvd ordered. If a dvd is not in stock it clearly states as out of stock. All the other Indian dvd stores I have shopped there has always been a dvd ordered which is out of stock sometime or the other but mentioned as in stock in the website.