It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:16 pm 

Does anyone know how do the online sellers manage the problem of having every single dvd in stock all times?
Piracy ???? :roll:
I mean no seller can be expected to buy a dozed dvds of all the movies to keep in inventory. Obviously they have to pay for these dvds when they buy them from manufacturers. So what do they do when order comes in but they dont have the dvd??
Does anyone know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:34 pm 

they play hide & seek with your credit card :lol:

Post subject: well ...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:48 pm 

well
that is one thing but how would they bring out the dvd? They obviously either place the order afterwards and try to delay the shipment by 2/3 days or just burn a disk and lo presto.
any one else wants to add their cents?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:21 am 

not really. if its a popular title, i know we order between 50 to 100 copies and the major etailers order between 250 - 500. For small title also they need to have in stock. Think about an onliner operating from nebraska and once he get an order,place another order with the distributor and get the copy and ship it out! its gonna be sleeping.

There are times when we do run out of stock with out our knowledge (loose disc, theft in retail shop, "unaccounted" sales etc) and thats where the trouble comes.

For hindi, its pretty decent. We can get any DVD with in the same day or worst case 2 days, but for Tamil its getting difficult these days.

kchan came to our store and you can ask him. We have abt 4000+ dvds, more than 2000+ on display and the rest in our stock room. Same with other etailers who do not run a store as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:49 am 

Where is your store?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:28 am 

Edison, NJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:04 pm 

I drove by the DVDUnlimited store two weekends ago when I came into Edison to grab some Desi food.. However I didn't have enough time after eating Desi food to do Desi food shopping at Apna Bazar, and stop at the DVDUnlimited store..

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:20 pm 

thanks for detailed reply dvdunlimited.
While etailers like yourself may be able to cough out the dough to keep good inventory, the same possibly is impossible in case of smaller chaps, esp, wanna bees.
secondly it also depends how fast one can movie the disks. for some of the smaller ones burning dvds on the fly probably is the god send option.

Post subject: Re: thanks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:50 pm 

Noofie wrote:
thanks for detailed reply dvdunlimited.
While etailers like yourself may be able to cough out the dough to keep good inventory, the same possibly is impossible in case of smaller chaps, esp, wanna bees.
secondly it also depends how fast one can movie the disks. for some of the smaller ones burning dvds on the fly probably is the god send option.

True for etailers who do not have an address (!) and a store. In our case its impossible. I do know few stores on oaktree road closed/sealed due to piracy and couple of them pending out of court settlement of abt 40K. Definitely not worth compared to the volume you can sell.