It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 3:55 pm 

Hi Guys,
I have always ordered my Hindi dvds at India weekly when ordering on line. And I have always received them around 12 working days after shipping(I live in Paris, France).
This time around I have not received my dvds a month after (order shipped on March 8, 2004) and decided to alert their Customer Service as requested by IW through the web cust svc page. That was April 5, 2004!
Till today, I guess, they are inquiring the postal services as they then said!!!

Is there a Phone number other than voice mailing to reach them directly?

Thanks for all your help, (and sorry to come and disturb you guys with my little misadventure)

Dredd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 4:05 pm 

It is DRED-FUL, I know!! My sympathies r with u! and can feel your pain!!

But just hang in there, U might GET it..one of these days! Just KEEP UP YOUR HOPES!

I hope IW is LOOKING @ this!

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 12:14 pm 

dredd wrote:
(I live in Paris, France).
This time around I have not received my dvds a month after (order shipped on March 8, 2004...
Dredd

Dredd

Not to support a fellow retailer or something, but we did experienced this issue with our shipment going to France. If the Custom Form is not properly filled-in (100% match, including the number of dads), then customs in France hold (throw) the DVDs. We had to loose the dvds and as well as return the money to customers couple of times. We have been very careful with France.

To guarantee the delivery (or enable better tracking), you should select UPS or FedEx or USPS Express mail. USPS Global Priority or USPS Air Mail do not have tracking info, so both parties can not track the order.

Thanks
http://www.dvdunlimitedonline.com/shop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:53 pm 

You got That Right. I sent 400$$ worth DVDs to U.K. though USPS Express Mail, after 2 weeks didn't delievered, and I dont know if it got now, but well forget about those 400$$ and had to send another package through fedex delivered within 6 days but cost me total $800 :? I ain't shipping no more outside of us. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 9:57 pm 

chrish wrote:
You got That Right. I sent 400$$ worth DVDs to U.K. though USPS Express Mail, after 2 weeks didn't delievered, and I dont know if it got now, but well forget about those 400$$ and had to send another package through fedex delivered within 6 days but cost me total $800 :? I ain't shipping no more outside of us. :cry:

Are you a retailer? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 1:03 am 

yup sometimes I do wholesales. Just here to there :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 2:42 am 

OK chrish I don't want to pull a tooth here but what, where ,how and to whom are you hawking ! :lol:

Last edited by JamesBond007 on Sat May 08, 2004 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 4:36 am 

Thank you for the pm chrish! explains alot! :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 4:31 pm 

dredd.. by now, you should 've received a phone call from IW. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:14 pm 

Guys
thanks for all your support and your responses.

Arsh, I have kept my hopes and finally received my dvds after IW did a 2nd shipping with all items.

Monizam, I do not know whose fault this is but I guess at least if I could receive after 6 weeks (which is long but I get my items) that would help.

dvdunlimited, I doubt as I have always received IW shipments within 10 Bus. days, so I don't understand why not this time. But I will pass on your suggestion to pay double the price of the dvds via Fedex. If I don't receive the originals and IW let me down (I would like to point that it is their job to guarantee delivery) then I 'd rather buy pirate (though I'd like to avoid as my collection is not yet infested)

chrish, man $400!! and you did not insure your shipment???

Shuman, I can confirm you that IW never ever called me (probably they don't want to pay International communicat° but prepaid cards are cheap!!!) after all the repetitive messages and phone numbers I left on their answering machines. But they replied by email after a few days (6 or 7).

So to conclude, I have finally had responses from IW last Wednesday and they said they were re-shipping the items. And yesterday, Wednesday May 12th, I received my package by post with my lovely little DVDs:

- Kal Ho Na Ho (2 disc Digipack edition, very rare in Indian cinema. Haven't seen movie nor disc but please do not criticise on this as this a nice looking package and probably film)
- Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa (BEI edition in 16x9 and was cheap, $5, another SRK film to complete his collection)
- Mr & Mrs IYER: heard good reviews and praise about this film. Nat Awd winner in certain categories (took 2 copies, one is for a friend)
- Tumko Na Bhool Payenge: don't know baout movie, DEI edition in 16x9 and cheap. Hope it turns out better than Hum Saath Saath Hain=too cheesy.

Now you have the whole story, thanks for your comments.

Dredd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:34 pm 

Quote:
Arsh, I have kept my hopes and finally received my dvds after IW did a 2nd shipping with all items.

You are VERY LUCKY, have a LUCK OF THE IRISH!! man!! Cheers!!Rub some on others! too..Lol

I am glad you got your stuff!!