It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tamil CDs?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:30 am 

Where is the best place to buy Tamil CDs from? I'm mainly looking for some Rahman stuff and some others like Kaakha Kaakha and Mounam Pesiyadhe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:39 pm 

Looking for VIRAMUNDI DVD AUDIO?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:40 pm 

I placed an order for couple of Tamil CD's from dvdunlimitedonline.com They seem to have a good selection of tamil Rahman cds. This is my first time ordering from them. I hope they won't mess up my order. :? :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:15 pm 

What about Ayngaran's store?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:41 am 

It all depends on what you're looking for. I'm one short of collecting all of Rahman's CDs in Tamil. Some of the popular ones are readily available. The ones that will give you the hardest time are the really early ones of Rahman. I started buying in the early 90s, so I was fortunate to get all his CDs in Hindi, the 2 soundtracks he did in Telugu (Superpolice and Gangmaster), and almost all in Tamil. The 13 track version of Duet with the instrumental pieces....I think I'll never find that one. The Ayngaran store is a good place to start. You can also try Shankar and Co which is at the corner of Kennedy and Eglinton, the plaza/office building on the southeast corner. Ayngaran is just down the street for Shankar and Co....east on Eglinton past Kennedy, go over the bridge, and it's in the Condo building on the north side of Eglinton. You can also try Jeya Brothers....they are just west on Kennedy and Eglinton...the plaza on the north side of Eglinton. Good luck in your endeavours. Pyramid has sold the rights to their Rahman albums to RPG/Saregama till 2008. This makes the really early stuff harder to find, as almost all of it was on Pyramid.

-Bh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:26 am 

Thanks for all the replies. Sorry, I guess I should have made myself clearer - I'm in the UK, and hence am looking for Tamil CDs online. I'm looking for pretty much any Rehman stuff I can get my hands on, and a few other selected soundtracks, but these are of new movies. I had a look at the Ayngaran online store, but was just wondering whether there were any cheaper places.