It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:01 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:47 pm 

Situation:

UK resident makes purchase at UK online store.

Store charges card but does not send order.

Customer sends numerous e-mails to try to find out what's going on but store does not respond.

What would should the customer do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:50 pm 

name and shame the online store who is it ???

:bash: :bash: :bash:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:57 pm 

deja vu!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:38 pm 

dispute charges with your credit card and you should get a refund

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:03 pm 

Tee wrote:

...never buy from any UK online store - they are all crap! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:10 pm 

Tee wrote:
Situation:

UK resident makes purchase at UK online store.

Store charges card but does not send order.

Customer sends numerous e-mails to try to find out what's going on but store does not respond.

out with it Tee.

Just give us the name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:42 am 

Well, if you must know it is cdguru.

Clipper - thanks for the suggestion, but the bank have said they can't do anything about it because the purchase was made using a debit card. If a credit card had been used then they would be able to issue a refund, but they can't help in this scenario.

This is very annoying. Does anyone have contact details of an organisation where this matter can be reported to?

Edited By Tee on 1067939046

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:43 pm 

I had exactly the same problem with CDGuru in UK, and hope my story helps...

Here it goes...

I ordered some dvds from CDGuru, which they didn't have in stock. I rang them on several occassions and spoke to a ROOPA, who promised each time that the refund would be processed. She even phoned back to confirm that it had been processed. But nothing ever went through my account. It appeared she/CDGuru lied each time...

Here is the solution...

I had used a debit card too, and my bank was not interested in the problem. But the transaction was processed through NETBANX - an intermediatry bank. I started to contact them and they were helpful. You will need to pursue it with them on several occassions, getting them to email and telephone CDGuru. Once Netbanx have applied enough pressure on CDGuru, they are forced to process the refund. Unfortunately, Netbanx cannot give you the refund until CDguru processes it from their site. Don't bother even writing or phoning CDGuru, but copy all corresspondance with netbanx to them.

This happened 6 months ago, so if they are still using netbanx, here are the details - you will need reference numbers from the receipt emailed to you at the time the transaction was initially processed.

support@netbanx.com

Netbanx Customer Services
Telephone: 01223 845594
Fax :01223 847176

Hope it helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:41 pm 

Send the buggers a letter. If you quote statutory legal requirements, most companies shit their pants. I have had refunds more than a year after buying goods because of using this tactic. I got a refund out of CDGURU a few years ago when they messed me about with defective discs. You also having trading standards officers who you could contact.

Send them a letter like the following (do a spell chack as I have quickly typed the example below) :

Dear (Monkeys or Sir / Madam)

Reference [Order Number etc]

On [date] I placed an order for [DVD names] with you which I paid in advance. The [DVDs] has still not been delivered.

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 you are required to deliver the items to me within a reasonable time. As [days lapsed] has elapsed since I placed the order, you have failed to fulfil this statutory legal requirement and are therefore in breach of contract.

I now consider the contract at an end, as I am entitled in law I expect you to refund the full purchase price of [£] to me.

If you fail to refund the purchase price to me within seven days I shall have no alternative to issue a summons against you in the county court for recovery of the money without further reference to you.

Yours sincerely

Mr X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:02 am 

Armaan, thank you for sharing your story about your experience with them and a really big thank you for your solution to the problem. I took your advice and got in touch with Netbanx and complained to them, explaining the matter in detail. I got a prompt response from netbanx saying that they had been in touch with them and I should expect a direct response from the store. At this point, I thought to myself, who are they kidding.

But when I checked my e-mail, I was shocked to find that there was an e-mail from cdpuddu! Who says miracles don't happen, the clowns had finally got their finger out and replied! To summarise their e-mail consisting of 3 lines or so, I can tell that they agreed to issue a refund. They ended their mail with the some nerve by saying that I should let them know if I have any other queries. Yeah, right as if they would bother to reply! Cdpuddu failed to offer an explanation as to why they had behaved so disgracefully, why they take money from people and don't send out the order, why they ignore various e-mails sent to query when the order will be sent, why hasn't the order been sent, why do they ignore e-mails querying the fore mentioned, why they ignore refund requests etc. The jokers didn't even bother to apologise, but then that is hardly surprising is it. Even a bad store would offer an apology in such circumstances and if a decent store made a cock-up they would probably refund the payment and still send order out for free. These guys are proper c-grade donkeys.

Bigman, I think your letter is great, something along similar lines had been sent to them, even threatening to involve the police, but they just ignored it like everything else.

I really do hope this is the end of the matter, but Armaan, you mentioned that they were still messing you about even after promising that a refund was made. I probably won't breathe a sigh of relief until I see the refund in black and white on my statement.

PS: Remember, order from cdpuddu at your own risk!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:59 am 

Tee, thank you for your comments. Your best approach now is to phone Netbanx again to see if the refund has gone through from CDGuru - it is live system and if has been processed Netbanx would know instantly. I finally got mine, when Netbanx made a three way call - I was kept on hold, whilst CD guru processed it, and Netbanx intermediating between both parties. Its the pressure that works, as reputable banks like Netbanx would withdraw their services if CDguru continued refusing refunds for goods they don't have.

Unfortunately many of our businesses don't really respect the customer. But I have found IndiaWeekly and Nehaflix in USA to have excellent customer service, although they sell a lot of crap dvds too!

Good luck. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:26 pm 

Guys & Gals - anyone been robbed by Radiosargam - all i did was order some CDs (5) from them (June 2003) - i'm still waiting for my order (what a joke)...Any one else had problems with these fraudies :angry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:11 am 

Ever checked with Customs? Sometimes they keep it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:31 am 

Tee, Probably this is pretty late.

FYI, Usually u can only do online pruchases if your card has a mastercard, or Visa logos. If you have one of those logo in ur card, ur bank should be able to dispute it. It doesn't matter if your card is a DEBIT card, or CREDIT CARD. When u do online purchase, its not a debit transaction. U probably wanna look over ur account agreement Brochures, It will have all the information u will ever need for ur debit card.