It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: problem with IW
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:00 pm 

Hi zulmis,
I recently have a problem with IW, I placed ordered twice for Rangeela dvd and all the time I got a dvd which freezed after soem time, whats going on with these fellows, I even asked them to sent me a previous checked dvd but then also it didnt worked out. I am fed up with this returning work as my other dvd of KNPH ordered from them has also started sign of freezing, guys anyone can help me with this, or tell IW to atleast sell good products. I was a fan of them but recently I am seeing that they have started using some cheap media dvds inorder to decrease the cost of dvds. Dont say that it is by the company itself bcoz as far as I remember both of these dvds were in gold media, while the one i received were of more silverish type.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:27 pm 

is this problem with only bei/dei dvds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:07 pm 

I too wonder, if 'faulty disc media' is a Wholesaler specific problem or brand specific problem or batch specific problem??

If it's a wholesaler specific problem, then does it mean that the wholesalers replicate and package discs on license??

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:11 am 

dose anyone have a problem with the following dvds that they bought from iw
chalte chalte(rani)
tere naam(salman)
humraaz(amisha)
kya kehna(saif) is this dvd in gold or silver media
hum tumare hai sanam(madurhi)
kabhi haan kabhi naa(juhi) is this one in gold or silver media

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:32 am 

arsh didnt u buy khkn from iw is it still running and in gold media

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:33 pm 

none of new BEI releases r on gold media, and i think, it will never be, for any manufacturer, so forget aboult gold, just be contented with mixture and pray, that it keeps working..I'll recheck, my KHKN..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:47 pm 

BTW!! touch Wood, my KHKN is VERY MUCH ALIVE AND KICKING..I did pay I think, $7.99? or $9.99 for this!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:12 pm 

rana wrote:
I too wonder, if 'faulty disc media' is a Wholesaler specific problem or brand specific problem or batch specific problem??

If it's a wholesaler specific problem, then does it mean that the wholesalers replicate and package discs on license??

Rana

[quote]

I think its the problem with wholesaler, otherwise see the difference between the dvds that you bought at $2-4 and the one that u bought for $9. why would a person sell dvds like KNPH and Rangeela just at $2 that too on a normal day, or try this ask anyone who has ordered his dvd from indianweekly at $3 and the same dvd ordered from nehaflix or any other good site at its reasonable cost.(I mentioned nehaflix just becoz never seen their dvds usually below $6)
Its just like those crappy stores of pakistan selling pirated dvds of yashraj at much lower prices, but when it comes to quality (like freezing problems)it really sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 12:40 pm 

Quote:
I think its the problem with wholesaler, otherwise see the difference between the dvds that you bought at $2-4 and the one that u bought for $9.

So what does this mean for IndiaWeekly's customers? If a title is going for $2.99, within days if not hours, it will start fluctuating between $3.99 to $14.99... Are you saying, the higher the price we pay, the better the disc they will ship? Do they have dozens of different batches of the same title (same brand) which they ship according to the price paid by the customer?

Edited By armaan on 1068390888

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:31 am 

Quote:
So what does this mean for IndiaWeekly's customers? If a title is going for $2.99, within days if not hours, it will start fluctuating between $3.99 to $14.99... Are you saying, the higher the price we pay, the better the disc they will ship? Do they have dozens of different batches of the same title (same brand) which they ship according to the price paid by the customer?

Nope What I mean is when you buy a dvd for $2-4 then those are actually returned or crapped ones only, otherwise why would a person will decrease the price of dvds. do u think IW buys the dvds at $2 from BEI or of any other companies. If thats the case then BEI themselves will start selling dvds directly in the market rather than let it market them through these fellows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:33 am 

i am starting to think that the wholesalers make the dvd on licence since arsh said that kmg is in silver media and the one i just rented yestorday was in gold media and the one i rented the first time it came was in mixed. Also the store i rent dvds from they are one of the two wholesalers and they go at the back and tell me that it will take 5-10 min and they look original. Also when i went today they were having a 15th anerversary sale and they had tere naam and other tittles... i asked whats the difference from the 29.99 and 35.00 tere naam dvd and they said that the cheap one is in silver disks and the expensive one is in gold disks :nopity:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:54 am 

I would like to side with IW this time. I got their 'Aur Pyar ho Gaya' and 'Dil Ka Rishta' and have played both so many times, and the quality is excellent!!! I have no complaints at all, but maybe I am in a minority here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:42 pm 

he was probably joking. :rolleyes:

i too joke now and then when i do :bash:

:D :D :cool: