It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:31 pm 

DragunR2 wrote:
rana wrote:
I read between the lines that DVD quality, specially the disc media and the inserts in the box, are dependent on which wholesaler supplied/ packaged the disc. Is it??

Recall, old DEI rep once stated, in one of the threads, that they have no control over what disc media (Gold or Siver or ---) is used.

Rana

Maybe disc rotting issues are a combination of type of media (gold or silver) and some other factor. I have seen Hollywood dual layer silver discs that don't freeze, and I have not seen widespread complaints about the issue. If these companies start using a more reliable plant than Media Dimensions we would get longer lasting discs and we wouldn't have to constantly worry that the disc we buy today will be a coaster tomorrow.

But, is it possible that the kind of disc media that is used for the disc depends on which 'Big Shot' wholesaler ordered the batch or may be they replicate it themselves 'On License'??

Whether inset is in the DVD case or not, surely depends on where a disc is packaged. I have seen discs on a spindle and being packaged at wholesalers/ wharehouses and even small retailers.

Rana

Edited By rana on 1062102735

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:19 pm 

Quote:
I have seen Hollywood dual layer silver discs that don't freeze

Well they have their woes too, there are a lot problems dvds out there :D