It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:18 am 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/busi ... ?prtpage=1

Quote:
The killer combination of online piracy, internet streaming services, high-speed broadband connections and impatient clients who can't be bothered to wait for the DVD guy to arrive at the door, has led to the slow death of the neighbourhood movie library.

By December end, Mumbai's most well-known movie library, Shemaroo, which has been servicing the toniest sections of south Mumbai, with a collection of over 10,000 titles, will close down.

In Bandra's Pali Hill, Movie Junction, which used to boast of a vast collection of Hollywood classics, war movies and foreign films, shut shop earlier this month.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:42 am 

:shock: :shock:
OMG!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:30 pm 

We have enough to offer u

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:33 pm 

Wow, that's really sad. Shemaroo used to offer some really great quality prints, along with BEI/DEI.

I fear I won't make it to India in time to find the soon to be out of print DVDs I'm looking for before they disappear completely from the shelves. Shops carrying more obscure films may be completely shut down by 2015.

I blame all these illegitimate companies that have been illegally streaming full length films on YouTube and earning money through Ad Revenue. YouTube has not required them to provide the proper proof of copyright ownership.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:34 pm 

I think "Shemaroo library" only refers to one library in Bandra (Mumbai), and not the whole "Shemaroo Entertainment Infinite" company.