It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:45 am 

Check with Rana or Muz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:02 pm 

Hey - I will email you ... actually I am also on the look out for rare VHS - but I can explain why via email.

Thanks!

Muz.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:22 pm 

Hi muz i am also looking for a number of vhs titles and Esquire vhs tapes please email at harvinderkundi21@hotmail.co.uk thanks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:58 am 

I have Dhund and Ziddi. Original Esquire VHS
Used to have Pukar and Coolie but not anymore,

Last edited by sasural on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:48 am 

See you found two, Rana shall drop by too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:06 pm 

here is Esquire's youtube page i have tried contacting but no replies

http://www.youtube.com/user/EsquireVideo?feature=watch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:42 pm 

Zoran009 wrote:
See you found two, Rana shall drop by too.

OK, saw this thread, just now.

mrhsinghk1, yes I do have Jyoti Bane Jwala orig Esquire. I can lend my VHSs, not sell.

Yes, I saw that youtube page. I wonder is it being hosted by Esquire ?? Or, it is just a fan page ??

Yes I do have about 2-3 hundred originals (half are song compilations and other half movies) and a a lot more in copies too. At one time I started throwing VHSs but soon realized that many VHSs had much more footage that's not in the DVD releases, so stopped. Later on, never have had enough time to confirm that DVD version is not missing anything and is better PQ, before I discard a VHS, and hence still have all the VHSs. My collection is nothing as compared to what our local rental store had. But, he now says that he threw away all his VHSs. So did, Asian Video (Toronto) who were the main distributors in Canada.

I've noticed some youtube worthy clips that are not in the DVDs. e.g. portions from Sangam, Mera Nome Joker, Lakhon Ki Baat.

Bachpan is another film where it's main song (Pagli Naam Rakh Diya) missing in DVD. I don't think it ever was released on VHS ??
Door Ki Awaz too has "Ek Musafir Ko Duniya Mein Kya Chaahiye" song missing in its DVD.

-------------------------------------------
In the VHS days, one of Esq associate told me that their routine practice was to buy a brand new film print and transfer to video. As it was 30 years earlier, film prints had more footage, which gets lost as time passes. I wonder if one can get hold of those film prints ??

--------------------------------------------

I remember one store owner in NY telling me, in 1980, that he is being offered video rights to Madhumati (with film print) for under $1000 and he turned it down saying who's interested in this type of old B/W films ??

---------------------------------------------

I'm typing a list of my VHSs in an Excel sheet. Completing it is my priority # 2 (May end) as I attend to my present top priority, finalizing and sending out the survived DEI Abhay DVD.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:46 pm 

hi rana thanks for replying i am glad you have the movie Jyoti Bane Jwala orig Esquire. Is possible for either to make a duplicate vhs copy of it or make a vhs2dvd using a recordering machine somehow as i will pay you whatever you wish for it please i want this movie in its vhs true form please thanks. contact me on harvinderkundi21@hotmail.co.uk