It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:24 am 

Finally, Finally, Finally, bought the Large Screen TV that I wanted to buy for a long time but did not for lack of time & money.
I did not get much of any instruction manual, perhaps it's a thing of old times??

Anyway, quick connect to TV, Off-The-Air content and to my Blu Ray/ DVD player using HDMI cable. I knew it from prev experience, Off-The-Air signal, somehow gives better picture as compared to distributing phone-cable companies.

First Impression: it was a jaw dropping picture, live TV. Later put in Indian songs Blu Ray (YRF). That picture was even better. Never knew picture (Movie THeatre or home TV) could be that good.

Watching a few hours over 3-4 days, figured out that not all content is that good PQ. Some is, and some is just the same old mixed DVD quality. Specially, the content that was field averaged in DVD and the same had been upscaled to 1080P, was the worst one. 480P content on DVD upscaled to 1080P Blu Ray, a bit better. Best content is the one that's direct film to 1080P, and there is a lot of that available for new films & remastered Blu Rays of some old films.
Most remarkable PQ I found was Mughal-e-azam song in Shemaroo Blu Ray - Pyar Kiya Tau Darna Kya. reat, but as other songs from the same film appeared, they were no better than a bad DVD quality. (recall, Pyar Kiya Tau Darna Kya song (and another one) was originally in color and the rest of the film was colorized. It's that colorized content that is no where close to HD.

In short, it's still the same old same old. No consistency in quality. You may get exceptional quality or a mediocre field averaged DVD upscaled to 1080P Blu Ray.