It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2024 11:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Maayak Kannadi
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:51 pm 

Watched the movie (Shruthi DVD) and definitely worth watching. Very light movie compared to Cheran's prev two movies (Autograph and Thavamai...). Very good message in the movie, i.e., knowing your core competency and setting your goal to achieve it, instead of "looking around" for quick way to earn money. Something different for a tamil movie atleast.

The only problem is the movie is very light, so for an average to below average people, they wont find anything in the movie.

Songs - I didnt like it when the audio came, but songs goes very well with movie. Needless to say about BGM when Ilayaraja is at it.

Must watch for all youngsters and also people who are thinking of "switching" their career, specially those IT guys who is confused to choose the right path between "technology vs management vs business".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:21 pm 

Where you have been brother? long time no see :roll: we were waiting you in cheeni kum action, that went un appreciated :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:33 pm 

CheeniKum - Not surprised at all. IR doesnt surprise me either in recent days. I preferred Tamilversion of the same songs, since the orchestrization was much better. The only way I can see IR coming to a full limelight in HFM is by doing music for Yashraj, SRK, Hrithik and Amir Khan. I am affraid that IR dont have time, nor does the other ppl has interest in IR.

If at all I expect something from IR, then it must be only for the following combo

IR-Manirathnam
IR-AR Rehman
IR-Bharathi Raja-Vairamuthu (Lyrist)
IR-YSR
IR-Rajinikanth
IR-Kamal (I list at last, since this is happening atleast once in 2 years)

Hindi
IR-Jagjit Singh
IR-Adnan Samy

Long time no see - I dont visit here often. Been busy with some other initiatives. I logged in immediately after watching Maayakannadi,since this is where I find people who shows interest to good movies. I post in other places when I see a 3rd rated movie (like Sabari, where Vijayakanth was a doc and encouter a powercut during operation and ask nurse to torch from mobile!!!) and we all get excited there :lol: