It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:42 pm 

Hi-
FarooqBhai wrote:
but really even IF the DVD9 of 223 minutes looks OKAY...trust ME, i can put my magic on it to make it LOOK 100% better...

i don't care if it takes me 1-2 weeks to remaster that one...i'll use a great script on that one...

It seems to me that if you have a slow filter chain in your AviSynth script you'd be better off making a lossless AVI first (I use Lagarith), and then feeding that into CCE or whatever encoder you use. I saw you mention an 18 hour encode before, but unless your computer is a pretty slow one you'll save a lot of time by doing the slow encode only once in VDub(Mod), and then using AVISource on the lossless AVI for the MPEG-2 encode, rather than running all your CCE passes using the slow script.

As you well know, what you're doing isn't exactly rocket science or even all that uncommon. Many of us that love Indian films reencode them as a matter of course, since the DVDs are so lousy. Fixing the gamma, contrast, brightness, saturation, colors sometimes, unblending sometimes, followed by sharpening, it's all in a day's work for an Indian film enthusiast. But I'm glad you're here showing what can be done sometimes to improve a messed up DVD. Unfortunately, there's also a lot that can't be fixed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:45 pm 
manono wrote:
Hi-
FarooqBhai wrote:
but really even IF the DVD9 of 223 minutes looks OKAY...trust ME, i can put my magic on it to make it LOOK 100% better...

As you well know, what you're doing isn't exactly rocket science or even all that uncommon. Many of us that love Indian films reencode them as a matter of course, since the DVDs are so lousy. Fixing the gamma, contrast, brightness, saturation, colors sometimes, unblending sometimes, followed by sharpening, it's all in a day's work for an Indian film enthusiast. But I'm glad you're here showing what can be done sometimes to improve a messed up DVD. Unfortunately, there's also a lot that can't be fixed.

..agree most of us don't want to see someones personal hobby posted to such great lengths why don't FB make his own web site or somethin to display his magic talents for dvd encoders./ no offense intended here

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:50 pm 
mowgli wrote:
manono wrote:
Hi-
FarooqBhai wrote:

..agree most of us don't want to see someones personal hobby posted to such great lengths why don't FB make his own web site or somethin to display his magic talents for dvd re-encoders./ no offense intended here

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:15 am 

manono wrote:
Hi-
FarooqBhai wrote:

i don't care if it takes me 1-2 weeks to remaster that one...i'll use a great script on that one...

It seems to me that if you have a slow filter chain in your AviSynth script you'd be better off making a lossless AVI first (I use Lagarith), and then feeding that into CCE or whatever encoder you use. I saw you mention an 18 hour encode before, but unless your computer is a pretty slow one you'll save a lot of time by doing the slow encode only once in VDub(Mod), and then using AVISource on the lossless AVI for the MPEG-2 encode, rather than running all your CCE passes using the slow script.

Always lag files first :) always...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:51 pm 

Never knew there was a 2 Disc Edition from T-Series :shock:

ImageImage

Source: http://www.bollywoodforum.ch/forum/show ... php?t=2791

anyone seen this before ?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:12 pm 

There go farooq bhaii sahab! :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:52 pm 

does ANYONE at all have these discs instead of showing us pictures from other websites?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:02 am 

Okay finally tonight, I found my own copy of the single disc T-Series...

first thoughts - GLAD to finally have the UNCUT version.

#2 - i don't know if AUDIO track #2 is AC3 DD 5.1, but it sounds great - at least to me, but i am not an AUDIOPHILE.

#3 - HORRIBLE bitrate distribution. i just began watching the movie...one of the WORST transfers EVER. but again, you can NOT possibly put a 3hr43min film on a DVD with 2 audio tracks & 3 subs - thankfully it's a small MENU size. in the beginning you see the Dil Chahta Actor running thru the airport in his bathrobe...look at that scene specifically and you will see HORRIBLE BLOCKING...and at that moment really wanted to shut the disc off!

#4 - audio delay in many places...in 2nd or 3rd chapter where anil is in the train and he sees the hottie and then gets a phone call you will see HOW off it is...but then even before THAT you will see the delay slowly get worse in the NEWS office where they are reporting vidya's train accident... and NOW you come to kamini's first birthday ITEM song...intially delay is okay...maybe 25ms off and then gets worse & worse...WHAT THE HECK DID THEY DO?

#5 - well colours are fine - better than EROS definitely...but due to lack of bitrate OVERALL EFFECT IS AN ABSOLUTE negative.

My rating for this DVD? 3 out of 10... :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:48 pm 

well, finally found the two disc set many years later hahahahaha

question if anyone still is around. is the theatrical cut available on bluray anywhere?!! any country?