It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:22 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:06 pm 

I did not find a thread for this movie though this has been released a while ago. I watched it on DVD last night and found it to be reasonably entertaining. Standing at about 2hours, it had its mix of song-n-dance and humour and a fairly engaging plot as well. Soha Ali Khan is about ok. She will improve with experience for sure. Tulip Joshi needs a lot of work. The surprise package is ofcourse the 3rd girl Ayesha Takia. She emotes well and is wonderful in her reactions. I think she did a great job. Shahid Kapoor's dancing skills are right up there with the best in the industry including Hrithik Roshan's. He does need to work on the emotional scenes. Perhaps watch old Bachchan flicks and learn how to shed tears(IMHO the best crier in Bollywood-dom).

Over all a great time-pass flick. Particularly noteworthy are Javed Siddiqui's fine dialogue writing. This is another under acknowledged guy. I think he also did the dialogues of GHULAM long ago!

PS: I know this movie had landed itself in trouble over its title in India (accused of stealing Pepsi's tag line). Now it's all been settled and the film can be re-released albeit with an acknowledgement to Pepsi over the ownership of the title. Pepsi charged them Rs.101 as royalty fees :-) Talk about a multinational making a point !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:23 am 
Site Admin

Title Dil Maange More
Cast Shahid Kapoor, Ayesha Takia, Tulip Joshi, Soha Ali Khan
Brand/Distributor Raze
Genre Film, Love Story, Romantic
Subtitles English
Year 2005

Some shots from the DVD;

... screen shots ripped from DT.

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:15 am 

"Pepsi" maange more !!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:18 am 

How is the Shemaroo version?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:08 pm 

I have not seen this movie but i have seen the songs on various other song dvd and if you look at the songs, they repeat certain parts at least twice to make the songs longer and also reverse the reel on some parts also. Very strange for the director to do that these days especially when its very noticeable.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:20 am 

Found both Raze and Shemaroo versions of Dil Maange More in my collection. Raze/ Rainbow has soft picture. Shemaroo released this film later on and has a much better/ sharper picture.

Raze run time is 123 min. Shemaroo run time is 128 min. Perhaps the diff is due to 4% speed up ??