It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:36 am 

manono wrote:
And it's 25fps, so we're to believe Ultra doesn't know what film framerate is?
Really? To me it looks like it mastered in NTSC. I don't see any PAL speedup.
manono wrote:
And judging by Ultra's past record, they'll cut off both the top and bottom so it can become 'widescreen', and then be colorized, and then be field-blended for release on NTSC DVD.

They have released almost all their 4:3 movies in the original aspect ratio, at least on their DVDs. The only time they crop their songs is for YouTube uploads. So their DVD would most definitely be in the original aspect ratio.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:33 am 

Ragz wrote:
I don't see any PAL speedup.

Right-click the screen and then go 'Stats For Nerds' and see that it's 25fps. Or download it and check. 25fps may be necessary for Indian television broadcasts and Indian PAL DVDs. It's not necessary for Indian NTSC DVDs (although the vast majority of Indian classic films on NTSC DVDs run at a 25fps 'base' framerate) or for YouTube.
Quote:
They have released almost all their 4:3 movies in the original aspect ratio, at least on their DVDs.

Not their more recent releases. I believe, for example, that this song from Chori Chori is cropped this way on the DVD as well and it's not the original aspect ratio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNPAABBkk7M

Or this song from Half Ticket:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mysBl97liy4

Aren't these films both 'widescreen' on the DVDs? And colorized? And field-blended from 25fps PAL sources on the NTSC DVDs? I'm not claiming they'll do this for any rerelease of Pyaasa, only that they have a history of ruining their restored films when released for home media. Maybe they'll actually treat it with some respect. But I doubt it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:40 pm 

I hope Pyaasa doesn't follow the Chori Chori, Dil Tera Deewana and Half Ticket path, and Ultra chooses to give it a non-manipulated full screen DVD treatment. I don't expect them to give us a 24fps progressive DVD anyway, but I have a hope that they won't tamper with the film like the previous three. I hope I'm not wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:19 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:31 am 

What the hell is this colored junk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:52 am 

These are some screenshots of Carlotta's great transfer of Pyaasa that were posted on dvdclassik.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:00 pm 

Here are some screenshots of my upscaling experiments.
1. Upscaled the Trigon DVD version using AI upsacaling (Trigon uses the Ultra restored version)
2. Post processing in Davinci Resolve Studio

If anybody is interested in reviewing and providing feedback, I can post link to a video sample.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6