It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:27 pm 

Last Pic should be from Refugee, Anupam ki gharwali, Abhishek ki Mama!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:16 pm 

Article on Reena Roy at http://www.HindustanTimes.com seems to be inspired by my article.

Article on Reena Roy at The Bollywood Portal appears to be selectively copied from my website.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:02 pm 

armaan if you are around how was ULTRA Badaltey RIshtey dvd?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:16 pm 

Arsh - I am very much around, and enjoying your posts!

I have an excellent BADALTEY RISHTEY on DVD-R sourced from ZEE TV. It is 10 times better than Ultra's VCD. I still have not got Ultra's DVD yet, but will order it soon and let you know.

I will post the Ultra DVD shots when I get it, but if its inferior to my Zee TV recording, I can send you the Zee copy on DVD-R if you prefer. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:49 pm 

armaan wrote:
Arsh - I am very much around, and enjoying your posts!

I have an excellent BADALTEY RISHTEY on DVD-R sourced from ZEE TV. It is 10 times better than Ultra's VCD. I still have not got Ultra's DVD yet, but will order it soon and let you know.

I will post the Ultra DVD shots when I get it, but if its inferior to my Zee TV recording, I can send you the Zee copy on DVD-R if you prefer. :D

Thanks yaar!! I'll appreciate that!! BTW!! May I request to post screen shots from your DVDR to compliment your thread and dvds of Reena Roy! :idea: plsss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:56 am 

I have 50 films of Reena Roy that are not released on DVD on DVD-R sourced from video. As they are not commercially available and people would not be able to get hold of them, I saw no point of presenting them on Zulm!

Here is Badaltey Rishtey. Actually the print could have been better if it was transferred straight to DVD from cable, but this was originally copied on a video tape. At least it has not got the huge Ultra logo...

Let me know if you want to see screenshots of any other title. I have saved all of them on my harddrive, so its no trouble of capturing them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:29 am 

yup, it does look better than eros vhs to dvd transfers, but certainly would look better direct to dvd!! I saw ultra available at neha at reasonable price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:44 am 

armaan wrote:

Just a curiocity, how come I don't see Zee TV logo on any of the screenshots?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:45 am 

Yes, I am going to get that although I think the print will be inferior than Zee TV. I went to great trouble to get Ultra's VCD directly from India, and had to pay by demand draft. The print was awful, and the transaction charges made it so expensive... And a few months later they release the DVD... And, now I have this "I can be bothered" feeling with regard to getting their DVD. :D

I brought LADIES TAILOR from Ebay. Its a 21st Century brand release, must be a pirate? It was only 99p and the print is not too bad. I was disappointed with the irremovable subtitles though.

I will do the shots of Ladies Tailor in the next few days, and update you will Badaltey Rishtey official DVD by Ultra when I get it....

Here is RANI AUR LALPARI straight from B4U Movies to DVD-R:

Last edited by armaan on Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:48 am 

Vijay - This is an old Zee TV recording before they introduced their silly logo. Unfortunately Badaltey Rishtey has not come on Zee recently, otherwise I would have done straight to DVD-R transfer. I quite hate the Zee badge so its a small comfort that I have this recording...

The above picture from Rani Aur Lalpari does have the huge B4U badge. I erased it using photoshop clone option! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:46 pm 

armaan, are we missing Jyoti Bani Jawala Shemaroo SS?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:34 pm 

I wonder what it is about JYOTI BANE JWALA that makes people think it stars Reena Roy? It stars Jeetendra,Vinod Mehra, Moushumi Chatterjee and Sarika. Rekha does a guest dance. There is no Reena Roy. Incidentally I do have the film I will post it soon! In the meantime I am awaiting your opinion regarding Badaltey Rishtey. Do you think Ultra DVD is better than my Zee sourced DVD-r?

Last edited by armaan on Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:17 pm 

Arsh - Here is Subhash Ghai's Vishwanath copied straight to DVD-r from Sony MAX channel. I am not sure if Shemaroo will beat it? It has the Hawa Se Halki Hoon Aaj song. There is also a cabaret picturised on Reena in which she has Afro style hair and is wearing revealing clothes! Asha Bhosle's Bibasha - Aaj Karegi Man Mani, is one of her famous disco number after Jaan-e-Jaan from Sanam Teri Kasam, and Disco Station from Haathkadi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:36 pm 

This looks darn good!! for a recorded channel though!!But you know shemaroo always has somethings under their sleeves :idea: We will see..Thanks for posting!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:09 pm 

I did like Subhash Ghai's initial work i.e. Kalicharan & Vishwanath and their dialogs:

Jali ko aag kehte hai, bujhi ko raakh
Usme se jo barood banta hai, use Vishwanath kehte hai.

And there was good dialog (between Shatru & Ajit) in Kalicharan too, I don't remeber it now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next