It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:18 am 

Well, I have the Eros version, and it, too, is cropped from the top and from the bottom. All I've seen of the Eros/DEI version, I've seen in Zulm.net's preview of the DVD (http://zulm.net/modules.php?op=modload& ... e=&order=0). From what I can tell, the two are pretty much identical. The only differences I can discern are that the cover is different (same image, surrounded by black frame and chain), and the menus are different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:44 pm 

DragunR2 wrote:
Why did they crop the picture on this DVD? The cropping often looks pretty bad.

:lol: Your and mine favourite topic again.
Recall you said in one of your post, "look how much extra head room is at top of the 4:3 film frames". And, I used to (still do) hate cutting off of heads in improperly framed widescreens.

Over the years, I have noticed and somewhat agree what you said about excessive wasted picture in films shot on 4:3 frames and now, I see that you too are somewhat agreeing to what I said, objecting to the cutting off of picture at top and bottom.

-----------------------------

In the old DEI days, DEI standard format was 1.85:1 letter box in 4:3 frames. Widescreen films were cut off from sides and 4:3 were un-neccessarily cut off from top and bottom.

Zanjeer, Mr Natwar Lal, -------, and others that were made 1.85:1 from 4:3 frames by cutting top and bottom.

But, still DEI prints are the best ones around despite cut picture.

------------------------

Has Shemaroo released Zanjeer and Mr Natwar Lal?? These might be 4:3??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:40 pm 

I agree, tareekh gawah hogi! there will never be any better dvds of hindi films surpassing DEI/EROS dvds, even if they were craps!
There will always be a MAHA CRAP, or MUGHL E AZAM crap! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:11 pm 

monizam wrote:
arsh wrote:
I agree, tareekh gawah hogi! there will never be any better dvds of hindi films surpassing DEI/EROS dvds, even if they were craps!
There will always be a MAHA CRAP, or MUGHL E AZAM crap! :lol:

BEI has done it again--Himmatwala--BACK TO FREEZING DVDS..

Did i say BEI OR DEI only? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:39 am 

I just got the "Baba" version (of "Zanjeer") from Netflix. It looks (and sounds) EXACTLY like my Eros version. The menu is different, and there is the odious "unskippable intro.," but the transfer seems identical. Considering that it's a Baba DVD, and Baba has a reputation for churning out horrendous DVDs, I guess they might have just begun using DEI's transfers (when available). I experienced the same thing when trying Baba's "Don."

DVD runs at about 3–4 Mbps, and seems to use "Dolby Digital 5.1" sound, at 448 Kbps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:52 pm 

Commando303 wrote:
I just got the "Baba" version (of "Zanjeer") from Netflix. It looks (and sounds) EXACTLY like my Eros version. The menu is different, and there is the odious "unskippable intro.," but the transfer seems identical. Considering that it's a Baba DVD, and Baba has a reputation for churning out horrendous DVDs, I guess they might have just begun using DEI's transfers (when available). I experienced the same thing when trying Baba's "Don."

DVD runs at about 3–4 Mbps, and seems to use "Dolby Digital 5.1" sound, at 448 Kbps.

So what you are saying? DEI/EROS =EROS= BABA :?: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:30 pm 

Commando303 wrote:

Progressive?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:43 am 

arsh wrote:
So what you are saying? DEI/EROS =EROS= BABA :?: :roll:

Yes, that's basically what I'm saying. Eros/DEI=Eros=Baba.

How do I tell whether it's progressive or not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:26 pm 

Commando303 wrote:
I just got the "Baba" version (of "Zanjeer") from Netflix. It looks (and sounds) EXACTLY like my Eros version.

Your DVD is no equivalent of DEI-EROS Zanjeer. My DEI-EROS Zanjeer bit rate is 5.5 to 9 mbps.
No fake 5.1 in my DEI-EROS Zanjeer DVD. It's 224 kbps 2 ch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:14 am 

I see, maybe they just messed around with the Eros/DEI transfer, though; this does not seem to be a Baba master. Could you post some screenshots from your version? I'll then post the same shots from mine. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:08 pm 

Commando303 wrote:
I see, maybe they just messed around with the Eros/DEI transfer, though; this does not seem to be a Baba master. Could you post some screenshots from your version? I'll then post the same shots from mine. Thanks.

Check zulm preview:

http://www.zulm.net/modules.php?op=modl ... 1c7efb8be7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:38 pm 

I've already checked the Zulm.net preview, and the shots look identical to those of the Baba version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:51 pm 

Commando303 wrote:
I'll then post the same shots from mine. Thanks.

Good idea.
Please capture screen shots in "Force Weave" setting in Power DVD. This will clarify if your Baba DVD still is Progressive. It may very well be.

There also is a difference in video bit rate. DEI-EROS one being at 5.5 to 9 mbps and Baba at 3 - 4 mbps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:48 am 

I do have PowerDVD, but, I have no idea how to capture in "force weave" mode (honestly, I don't even know what that is). What is "progressive," and how is it better than "non-progressive"? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:33 pm 

For Progressive Pseudo-Progressive Interlaced info see following threads:

viewtopic.php?t=2984&start=0

viewtopic.php?t=1592&highlight=reference

viewtopic.php?t=513&highlight=reference

What is Prog/ Pseudo-Prog/ Interlaced/ Field Averaged has been mentioned in tons of threads to the extent of annoying some powerfull zulmies. :lol:

Basically for a Progressive DVD, each frame should be from only one film frame and not from multiple film frames (multi-images) or average of multiple film frames (fuzzy).

------------------------
Setting Force Weave option:

In Power DVD window,
Right Click
Configuration
Video
Advanced
Click on "Force Weave" out of 3 choices "Force Weave", "Auto Select", "Force Bob".

For any motion shot, Non Progressive DVDs will give combing in freeze frame. (Prog will be clear of combing, Pseudo-Prog will have combing in 50% of the frames and Field Averaged will have combing in all frames.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next