It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 7:33 pm 

Which DVD of Mera Naam Joker provides a larger duration in the main feature? Yashraj Films or Shemaroo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:15 pm 

the f**kin yashraj version is longer and also sh*ttier..

shemaroo is decent among the two version, but severly cut cut and cut. arggggggg :angry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:16 am 

What about Sangam? I read somewhere that the YRF version is cut.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:26 pm 

About SANGAM:

I have Shemaroo Sangam. Will check it's run time and also it's Esquire VHS.

One, relevent to story, clip which I have never seen in any Video or Audio LPs or CDs is the Mukesh sung verse in O Mere Sanam song, "Sunte hain Pyar Ki Duniya Mein Do Dil Mushkil Se Samate Hain, ----". This verse was in the original theatrical release that I saw. Exclusion of this verse dilutes the depiction of Raj Kapoor's state of mind and feelings, and hence is important. Audio of this verse is avail on net, here and there.

Has anyone seen this clip in any video??

Rana

Edited By rana on 1042554966

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:21 pm 

I had heard that the Yash Raj version is the one to go for. I think it has about 1/2 an hour extra. Not sure about the transfer though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:24 pm 

Mr_Khiladi wrote:
I had heard that the Yash Raj version is the one to go for. I think it has about 1/2 an hour extra. Not sure about the transfer though.

I guess ypu are refferring to MNJ again. Sorry, to have brought Sangam in this thread.

BTW, YRF version is 224 min long. It is by Super Digital. Can anyone check if it is Progressive/ Pseudo-progressive or interlaced?? Does the DVD cover state it to be from Vintage source (then it will be from video source)??

How long is the Shemaroo version. Shemaroo most likely, like all other Shemaroo titles, will be directly scanned from film and hence very colorfull.

So all comes down to the source used. If SD version is from film, it may very well be Progressive??

Zulm preview of YRF Mera Naam Joker :
Staring: Raj Kapoor, Manoj Kumar, Dharmendar, Rajendra Kumar, Simi Garewal and Padmini
Running time: 224 minutes
Format: NTSC
Video: 4:3 full screen
Sound: Hindi Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English
Year: 1970 (cinema), 2001 (DVD)
DVD: Single sided dual layered
DVD Author: Super Digital
DVD Release by: Yash Raj Films

Rana

Edited By rana on 1042565143

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:48 pm 

Shuman! I think will be SAVIOR here! I guess he has both versions, he can post a few comparative shots too!!

Kiya khayal hai Shuman bhaii??

BTW, Silsila, kabhi kabhi, RTGM I think were all done by SD with INTERLACED GALORE< Murky PQ!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:20 pm 

arsh wrote:
Shuman! I think will be SAVIOR here! I guess he has both versions, he can post a few comparative shots too!!

Kiya khayal hai Shuman bhaii??

BTW, Silsila, kabhi kabhi, RTGM I think were all done by SD with INTERLACED GALORE< Murky PQ!

arsh bhai... sorry i have sold out both my sangam and mera naam joker dvd.

comparison really not important, when all yashraj print by superdigital are exactly same. if you haven't seen any yashraj print, respect the following comparsion. screenshots of sangam dvd (yashraj/shemaroo).

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:24 pm 

That was my point! I have given up on yrf shitty classics, sd or parsad, all super shits!

So mera naam joker pq! wise most likely should be better coming from shemaroo!!? If sangam was done by SD too! then it is a FACT! Shemaroo looks better!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:24 pm 

as far as prog/inter is concerned. i would beleive SD have done a prog job on yashraj titles as SD usually do. i dont have anything to back my words, just guessing. :sus:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:47 pm 

Nope!! take my word for that! any one who has kabhie kabhie, daag, silsila, rtgm!! sab mela, keechad!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:24 pm 

shuman wrote:
as far as prog/inter is concerned. i would beleive SD have done a prog job on yashraj titles as SD usually do. i dont have anything to back my words, just guessing. :sus:

If the cover says, "Vintage Source", then for sure it is from a video source and hence Interlaced.

SD does author DVDs from the source provided, for a fee. Source can be anything that the customer (YRF in this case) provides. Film, VHS-PAL, VHS-NTSC, Beta-PAL, BETA-NTSC, DigiBeta, or whatever.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:40 pm 

shuman wrote:
the f**kin yashraj version is longer and also sh*ttier..

shemaroo is decent among the two version, but severly cut cut and cut. arggggggg :angry:

Does the quality of the picture on MNJ outweigh the cuts? How much is cut?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:54 am 

DragunR2 wrote:
Does the quality of the picture on MNJ outweigh the cuts? How much is cut?

very very difficult to answer.

movie is severly cut!! you would like the shemaroo release, print wise, pleasing to the eyes. but would cause irritation as it cuts many key scenes.

yashraj print is irratation to the eyes, but the cuts are almost unnoticeable. both causes irratation throughout the movie..

that's all i can say, i would give both of them 4.5/10 :angry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:53 pm 

So, How long is the SHEMAROO Mera Naam Joker as compared to YRF MNJ which is 224 min??

BTW, some comments about Sangam got IN in this thread. I have started listing differences in run-time bet Esquire VHS and SHEMAROO DVD of Sangam in Sangam thread. I expect someone who has YRF Sangam to fill in on that version in the Sangam thread:
http://www.zulm.net/cgi-bin....;t=2942

Rana

Edited By rana on 1042660478

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next