Brand/Distributor
Genre Film, Drama
Category DVD
Features
Year 2008

Price $19.99

** Is this the one you saw rana?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:56 am 

Yes, this is the one. Is it out on DVD already ?? It's still making theatrical rounds in the art circuit cinemas.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:57 pm 

rana wrote:
Yes, this is the one. Is it out on DVD already ?? It's still making theatrical rounds in the art circuit cinemas.

Yup, indeed middle of September. It will be good to see Nandita Das, that I thought had a huge potential to become another Samita Patel, but just got lost in between some where on the way.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:50 am 

Zoran009 wrote:
It will be good to see Nandita Das, that I thought had a huge potential to become another Samita Patil, but just got lost in between some where on the way.

Nandita Das seems to be doing as good as Samita Patil, or even better. She has quite a few Hinglish films and also Hollywood films. She is also into directing films. FIRAAQ, a film directed by her is showing in the Toronto Film Festival. Bollywood TV today showed an interview with her. She mentioned that she is hoping that this film won't be classified as "Art Film" but as a Film. She mentioned that Mani Ratnam commented that he reluctantly saw the film on her invitation and was wondering how to fake praise the film. But, after seeing the film he was wowed.

She said that the film is lined up for quite a few film festivals and for general release in India in Nov Dec this year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:33 am 

rana wrote:
She mentioned that Mani Ratnam commented that he reluctantly saw the film on her invitation and was wondering how to fake praise the film. But, after seeing the film he was wowed.

Is that the ultimate fake praise? :rofl:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:20 pm 

mhafner wrote:
rana wrote:
She mentioned that Mani Ratnam commented that he reluctantly saw the film on her invitation and was wondering how to fake praise the film. But, after seeing the film he was wowed.

Is that the ultimate fake praise? :rofl:

LOL.
Well, we'll have to wait till Firaaq releases. So far, I have liked Nandita Das's roles in her films that I saw. In most of her (may be all) she has appeared in un-glamourous roles, but in the interview, she was attractively dressed. In the interview she appeared humble, smart and intelligent, without boasting. I'm looking forward to see Firaaq.