It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:39 pm 

There are sellers at Amazon selling the Bollywood Films DVD from $99 to $2799
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hopefully, that's not the price you've paid for the shite DVD , mr. Rana; have you???

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:46 pm 

Ragz wrote:
There are sellers at Amazon selling the Bollywood Films DVD from $99 to $2799
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hopefully, that's not the price you've paid for the shite DVD , mr. Rana; have you???

1) $99 May be, if replace $ with cents.

2) No $2799 even if $ replaced with cents.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:34 pm 

LOL!!
See this
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000V79RR ... -1&pi=SL75

That's absolutely shocking!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:19 am 

Google search leads me to these results. Probably these are shots from the Russian DVD

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:29 pm 

rana wrote:
Bollywood Films MAMTA DVD is 113 min. (I do have this DVD)

Captain Video MAMTA DVD is 150 min, as reported by other zulmies. (I don't have this DVD)

Russian MAMTA DVD is listed at 180 min. (I don't have this DVD). So far, whatever Russian DVDs I've seen from this Russian DVD site, has no errors in their description of the content. So, have to assume it's really 180 min. It's listed as NTSC. Unfortunately, Russian MAMTA DVD does not say if it has Hindi audio (most likely not) and if it has English sub-titles (Other DVDs do state English sub-t). So, have to assume Russian Mamta has no English Sub-t (I would say less than 1% chance of English sub-t). PQ wise, I'm sure it will be much better than Bollywood Films DVD and Captain Video DVD, as seen in other Russian Bollywood DVDs that I got.
Even if no Hindi Audio, at least the songs stay in Hindi. As you know, songs make up a big chunk of Bollywood Films anyway, so Russian DVD if really 180 min, should be of interest to die hard fans.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11438&p=105381&hilit=journey#p105381

Quote:
http://www.russiandvd.com/store/product ... enresubid=
Mamta (DVD NTSC)

Mamta (DVD NTSC)
DVD Region: ALL

Theatrical release: 1966
DVD release: 2007
Play time: 180 min
Genre(s): Melodrama, Hindi films

BTW, I got interested in Mamta DVD as a friend of mine wanted it. When I found it and lent it to him, he told me it did not have what he was looking for. A complete Children's/ School song that music starts but the song itself is totally cut in Bollywood Films DVDs.
----------------------------------------------

Picked up Captain brand Mamta DVD.
Print is average, as can be expected from Indian made DVDs (PAL to NTSC field averaged). But, it's lot better than 'Indiaweekly' and 'Bollywood-Films' DVDs.

Run Time:
Captain DVD is 150 min (156-157 min with 4% speed up).
1976 film CC shows 4349 meters which is 158.5 min. So, Captain DVD is almost complete 1976 CC version. Moreover, it does have that song that my friend was looking for and was missing in 'Bollywood Films' DVD.

Russian DVD that's listed at 180 min must be in error. Unless, it's a 1966 print and that the film was really that long (180 min). I doubt it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:50 am 

Comparison from the Indiaweekly DVD, and the UK VHS release by Venus Video - DVD above, VHS below:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:17 pm 

Hi, Bhaskar. What’s the runtime of the VHS?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:52 pm 

Ragz wrote:
Hi, Bhaskar. What’s the runtime of the VHS?

Around 120 mins, although I'm not sure whether that includes ads or not. My guess is this VHS is the source for the IW DVD (seeing as the start of the credits is cut in this VHS also), and the Captain DVD is the source for the version on YouTube (with a run time of 150 mins).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:17 pm 

It’s likely that it contains ads because the Indiaweekly DVD is even shorter (113 mins); which most probably is from the missing ads.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:33 am 

Russian version of Mamta is available on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a5SxveXwSk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:36 pm 

Russian Mamta Youtube from their DVD is the better of the other prints available currently, for sure. It runs for 150 min, meaning web posted time of 180 min was in error. So, no need to chase 180 min version.
Youtube video is poste in 25 fps and I did not see any frame repeat. So it must be 4% speed-up, meaning 156 min film time.

rana wrote:
Bollywood Films MAMTA DVD is 113 min. (I do have this DVD)

Captain Video MAMTA DVD is 150 min, as reported by other zulmies. (I don't have this DVD)

Russian MAMTA DVD is listed at 180 min. (I don't have this DVD). So far, whatever Russian DVDs I've seen from this Russian DVD site, has no errors in their description of the content. So, have to assume it's really 180 min. It's listed as NTSC. Unfortunately, Russian MAMTA DVD does not say if it has Hindi audio (most likely not) and if it has English sub-titles (Other DVDs do state English sub-t). So, have to assume Russian Mamta has no English Sub-t (I would say less than 1% chance of English sub-t). PQ wise, I'm sure it will be much better than Bollywood Films DVD and Captain Video DVD, as seen in other Russian Bollywood DVDs that I got.
Even if no Hindi Audio, at least the songs stay in Hindi. As you know, songs make up a big chunk of Bollywood Films anyway, so Russian DVD if really 180 min, should be of interest to die hard fans.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11438&p=105381&hilit=journey#p105381

Quote:
http://www.russiandvd.com/store/product ... enresubid=
Mamta (DVD NTSC)

Mamta (DVD NTSC)
DVD Region: ALL

Theatrical release: 1966
DVD release: 2007
Play time: 180 min
Genre(s): Melodrama, Hindi films

BTW, I got interested in Mamta DVD as a friend of mine wanted it. When I found it and lent it to him, he told me it did not have what he was looking for. A complete Children's/ School song that music starts but the song itself is totally cut in Bollywood Films DVDs.
----------------------------------------------