It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:28 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:17 am 

This thread and this thread only, is to be used for all Questions/Comments/Sugestions/Discussions related to the 'Zulmi Top 100 Hindi Movies' list. The 'Zulmi Top 100 Hindi Movies' thread is to be used only for posting your personal Top 100 list and or your negative votes. All discussions, comments, suggestions, questions etc. are to be carried out in this thread only.

To vote and post your list of 'Top 100 Hindi Movies', please go to the following thread: -> 'Zulmi Top 100 Hindi Movies'

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:17 am 

Rules:
1. RULE ONE: PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES.
2. A movie has to garner atleast THREE Zulmi votes to be included.
3. Negative votes can be cast for a movie already in the list.
4. TWO Negative votes will remove a movie from the list, unless it garners an additional THREE votes.
5. Everybody must list their 'Top 100' in order of preference/ranking.
6. Zulmis can post their rankings for less than 100 movies. But, the minimum is a 'Top 50' list.
7. Voting lists can be added to and edited/changed later.
8. If someone wishes to change their list, either to add/delete or change order of preference. They MUST edit the list in their original post. They MUST also post their additions/changes in a new post with a reference to the original post.

Comments and suggestions regarding the rules are invited. In this thread only.

----------
Point system:
The movie listed as No.1 will be awarded 100 points, whereas the movie listed as No. 100 will be awarded 'one' point and so on so forth.

Let's assume movie 'X' & 'Y' are both voted in by five people each and they are listed by each person in the following manner:

Person 1 lists X at # 1 = 100
Person 2 lists X at # 1 = 100
Person 3 lists X at # 3 = 98
Person 4 lists X at # 9 = 92
Person 5 lists X at # 14 = 87
Movie 'X' Total = 477 points

Person 1 lists Y at # 4 = 97
Person 2 lists Y at # 5 = 96
Person 3 lists Y at # 5 = 96
Person 4 lists Y at # 7 = 94
Person 5 lists Y at # 6 = 95
Movie 'Y' Total = 478 points

Movie 'Y' would be ranked #1 and movie 'X' would be ranked #2.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:23 am 

Reserved

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:30 pm 

Cool, list making time. I'll have my own top 100 up soon.
Sanjay wrote:
Rules:
2. Negative votes can be cast for a movie already in the list.
3. TWO Negative votes will remove a movie from the list, unless it garners an additional THREE votes.

I don't understand. How does a film get negative votes? One has to reject the idea of a particular film on the list? Please explain.

Also, if #1 get's a 100 points (so on so forth), from your 100 films, how do you rank them?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:38 pm 

DVD Collector wrote:
I don't understand. How does a film get negative votes? One has to reject the idea of a particular film on the list? Please explain.

The idea is to vote off those movies from the list, which one really does not agree with. If movie 'A' has been voted on to the list by five people, then 'TWO' negative votes will take the movie off the list. The objective being to avoid some crappy, but popular movie from getting voted in. It's just an idea and that is why I explicitly invited comments and suggestions for the rules.

DVD Collector wrote:
Also, if #1 get's a 100 points (so on so forth), from your 100 films, how do you rank them?

For an explanation, refer to the 'rules' post above.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:56 pm 

I apologize if I'm asking too many dumb questions, but I'm just trying to make sense of all this. Suppose I post my top 100 and other in the forum do so as well, how will this go forward? Do you select the titles that everyone shares in common and give them more points and thus those films get finalized into the list?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:19 am 

Sanjay wrote:
Rules:
----------
Point system:
Let's assume movie 'X' & 'Y' are both voted in by five people each and they are listed by each person in the following manner:

Person 1 lists X at # 1 = 100
Person 2 lists X at # 1 = 100
Person 3 lists X at # 3 = 98
Person 4 lists X at # 9 = 92
Person 5 lists X at # 14 = 87
Movie 'X' Total = 477 points

Person 1 lists Y at # 4 = 97
Person 2 lists Y at # 5 = 96
Person 3 lists Y at # 5 = 96
Person 4 lists Y at # 7 = 94
Person 5 lists Y at # 6 = 95
Movie 'Y' Total = 478 points

Movie 'Y' would be ranked #1 and movie 'X' would be ranked #2.

Thanks. Makes more sense now. Please ignore my previous reply.

I realize you made your list alphabetically, but how do you rank them from #1 all the way to #100?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:37 am 

Well Sanju,

You have to put your list in priority order I guess;)

More so, if some one does not agree with a film be inclusive quality as u said he can negative vote, but if some one like another diff one of course he should be able to include that.

May I make a humble suggestion if we can do in chronological list, based upon era that might make it easier.

E.g, Dilip/Ashoka/ dev an and/ raj kapoor era.

Before this was balrajj sahini, etc or we want to go to suraab moodi?

I think this shall align actresses automatically !

What you say?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:23 pm 

Zoran009 wrote:
You have to put your list in priority order I guess;)

The list I posted is not MY Top 100 list. It is just a list of '145' movies, posted in alphabetical order for reference only. It is a list of the movies that I could remember and which I find as probably worthy of the 'Zulmi Top 100 Hindi Movies' list. It is there to help people remember the titles and to chose their own favorites from. Sort of like a nominee list.

Zoran009 wrote:
More so, if some one does not agree with a film be inclusive quality as u said he can negative vote, but if some one like another diff one of course he should be able to include that.

I think you have misunderstood how this is supposed to work. Ofcourse everyone has the right to select their own Top 100 and list them here. The negative vote is only applicable to those titles that have already made it to the Top 100 list and it is not mandatory for anyone to have a negative vote.

Zoran009 wrote:
May I make a humble suggestion if we can do in chronological list, based upon era that might make it easier.

E.g, Dilip/Ashoka/ dev an and/ raj kapoor era.

Before this was balrajj sahini, etc or we want to go to suraab moodi?

I think this shall align actresses automatically !

What you say?

I think we should keep it simple for now and have one single list. Let us see how this goes and then later we can have multiple lists for different eras.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:11 pm 

@DVD Collector
@Zoran009

Still waiting for your Top 100 lists. Come on, someone needs to set the ball rolling. I suppose 'Raj' should be the first to post his list, since the 'Zulmi Top 100 Hindi films' is inspired from his '-The 100 greatest movies of all time-' thread. Also, since he already has his Top 100 list ready. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:37 pm 

BTW, top 100 Hindi films ??

Does it mean one's personal favorite or critic's favorite ?? For example, Sindbaad Alibaba Alladin (Pradeep Kumar) or Lutera (Dara Singh) may not be critically acclaimed but sure are someone's favorites for one reason or other??

Fav film can be what you can repeat watch and enjoy, like light film, and also serious tear jerker films (Baharon Ke Sapne - orig sad ending) you like but don't want to dig that up from your library and repeat watch ??

The names I mentioned, not necessarily are my favorites, but just picked these extreme names for clarification.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:28 am 

Great idea... I'll post 100 movies in the next 24 hours.
One problem The Art of Hindi Cinema has gone to God knows where so I'm very selective to which movie I watch. The last movies I watched were 'Black' Rang De Basanti' and 'Tare Zameen Par'.

So most of my selections are going to be from an earlier period*

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:14 am 

My list is in the works right now, I'll have it up in the next day or two.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:15 am 

raj wrote:
Great idea... I'll post 100 movies in the next 24 hours.
One problem The Art of Hindi Cinema has gone to God knows where so I'm very selective to which movie I watch. The last movies I watched were 'Black' Rang De Basanti' and 'Tare Zameen Par'.

So most of my selections are going to be from an earlier period*

I agree! Indeed it should be movies you watched or may be not, some were made before you were born, e.g mahal with madhuballa( venus of India) but was a great film, or pukaar with nasim Bano( pari chehraa). That is the only reason taking me longer to compile mine. So by no means if rana , Muz or legend like and value some thing , I might have not seen or experienced that. But we shall try our best:)

More so talking about art of cinema, recently, 3 most expensive Sfx laden film, RA none, lol, Kite Jo kaat gayeee, and pheeka blue had been a wash IMHO.

Recent hits, I have already viewed my opinions. If a film works because of Farhan khan, I shall be shocked to death lol. I had never had patience to go through fully in any film he acted in:( unfortunately, but who knows may be I gave up too early in the film lol;(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:17 am 

This ('Raj's 100 standout movies') is a thumbs up a wonderful list Raj:) btw did you happen to watch them all?