It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:54 pm 

Slapstick comedy butchered by most critics. I'm mostly into the more arty stuff from people like Kashyap, Bhardwaj and Dhulia
and bought this one beacause Sanjay Dutt and Kangana Ranaut was in it (i'm a sucker for her).
I've seen some bollywood comedies before, but then mostly smart ones as Tere Bin laden, 99 or Sankat City or classics as Don
so this was a special (shocking?) experience. Beyond slapstick i quickly found out i had to remove my brain after hitting Play.

Image Yes, a nice couple those

The first half of this movie was terribly unfunny and the quartet playing the jokers, Arshad Warsi, Jaaved Jaafery, Ashish Chowdry
and Riteish Desmukhi almost painful to watch. Are these guys comedians.... really?

But, during the second half when the gang of four are making their revenge on the swindlers i, to my surprise, found myself laughing
when they used all their disguises and the film went into hysteria slapstick mode. Now the quartet was quite funny.
The afro-american brothers, the gorilla and the bosomy skank Barbara played by Desmukhi, yuck, ha, ha, my eyes, my eyes.
I'm a serious bore normally but this made me laugh some times during the second half, so mission completed and an OK comedy for me
(i don't remember laughing once during watching Bazmee's No Problem as a comparison). No watermark on this Reliance one (i think).
Sanjay Dutt was good, talented Kangana too and she shows her comedic touch but Mallika Sherawat had not much to do except
looking hot in the nice dance number Jalebi bai.
If you absolutely want your brain to have a well earned rest for a while, this film could do the job, but use the FF button during 1st half