It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:21 pm 

Is there a US website having this DVD for sale?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:08 pm 

Chenyang wrote:
Is there a US website having this DVD for sale?

Want to know the same. :?

Edit:

Would this be able to play on a regular US dvd player? I have a Samsung HT-DB120 Progressive-Scan DVD Home Theater System
Under the description of the player on Amazon it says "Plays DVD-Video (NTSC or PAL)". So Im guessing it would work with a French dvd...?

-Munna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:14 pm 

If Diaphna? mere Munna? then it should NOT play on NTSC PLAYER/TV and NOT on R1 Player! :roll: :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:30 pm 

arsh wrote:
If Diaphna? mere Munna? then it should NOT play on NTSC PLAYER/TV and NOT on R1 Player! :roll: :idea:

What kind of player do you need to play it then?

-Munna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:20 pm 

naqvi225 wrote:
arsh wrote:

-Munna

REGION FREE with PAL TO NTSC convertor, if your display is NTSC!

REGION FREE with PAL and NTSC PROG PLAYER with PLASMA or PROJ with direct PAL mode!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:13 pm 

get the sub $200 Oppo dvd player. it can be made region free with simple configuration via remote control.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:34 am 

arsh wrote:
naqvi225 wrote:
arsh wrote:

-Munna

REGION FREE with PAL TO NTSC convertor, if your display is NTSC!

REGION FREE with PAL and NTSC PROG PLAYER with PLASMA or PROJ with direct PAL mode!

What's that? :roll: Lol, I have no clue what that is :lol:

Thnx anyways

-Munna :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:15 pm 

Well, then buy pal r2 diaphana Devdas and watch on your pc only mere munna! thats simple! 8)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:18 pm 

Hi,

I got the DVD from Amazon France via the Uk Website. The DVD came within 1 1/2 weeks. It is great.

Cost about £22 pounds including delivery.

Quality of DVD is very good, but no english subtitles.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:26 am 

raj1 wrote:
Hi,

I got the DVD from Amazon France via the Uk Website. The DVD came within 1 1/2 weeks. It is great.

Cost about £22 pounds including delivery.

Quality of DVD is very good, but no english subtitles.

Diaphana Devdas is meant for France. English sub-titles is a "no-no" in France.
Moreover, if you select Hindi audio track, French Sub-titles appear and is not easy to get rid of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:39 am 

anyone want to mail me a copy of their dvd split over two DVD-Rs??

i could probably rip off the French subtitles, add English subtitles (and other foreign language subtitles from the Eros version), make it region free...split the movie at the intermission and put all of the songs on Disc 1 so you don't have to switch discs to watch the songs...i can trade something in return...just a thought...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:55 am 

theon wrote:
i could probably rip off the French subtitles, add English subtitles (and other foreign language subtitles from the Eros version), make it region free...split the movie at the intermission and put all of the songs on Disc 1 so you don't have to switch discs to watch the songs...i can trade something in return...just a thought...

You'd have to take PAL speed-up into account in doing this. I don't believe the Eros NTSC version is converted from PAL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:42 pm 

DragunR2 wrote:
theon wrote:

You'd have to take PAL speed-up into account in doing this. I don't believe the Eros NTSC version is converted from PAL.

i think the only time PAL speed-up will have to be considered is with the subtitles, no?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:20 pm 

theon wrote:
DragunR2 wrote:
theon wrote:

i think the only time PAL speed-up will have to be considered is with the subtitles, no?

Well, you can do pal to Ntsc transfer and mix and match then :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:50 pm 

theon wrote:
DragunR2 wrote:
theon wrote:

Yes, that's what I meant. The subtitle timings would be off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next