It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:22 pm 

i got a dupe for 2 pounds..and hes supplier gets them from pakwebstore...its exactly the same stuff..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:40 pm 

the videostore person (who is also the distrabuter for our city) told me that yrfs are planning a 2 disk set around diwali or between valentines and easter
btw, i dont think he is bsing about this since he told me about the 2 disk k3g when it will come out a month after the single disk released

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:00 pm 

My DVD review is here:
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0254481/dvd
I have mailed to Ali but his mail box is full and it
came back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:10 pm 

mhafner? u did not comment about the BAD MEDIA YRF started using with launch of KMG? :baaa: :hmm:

and ARE U SURE? there is NO EE???man?

Edited By arsh on 1064769152

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:43 am 

arsh wrote:
mhafner? u did not comment about the BAD MEDIA YRF started using with launch of KMG? :baaa: :hmm:

and ARE U SURE? there is NO EE???man?

I can't comment on the media as long as my disc plays fine.
Concerning EE, what do you think I mean with 'way overdone
edge enhancement'? Did you read the review??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:31 pm 

My apologies mhafner, I did not read it right:

"""Then there is a problem with way overdone edge enhancement that is painfully visible in shots with high contrast edges. People walk around with white haloes and objects glow around their edges.""""

Indeed, in that regard SAATHIYA was a bit better and I liked SOUND of saathiya better too..

EE on this DVD reminded me on FIRST YRF release of DTPH(non anamorphic) that showed, not edge line a THICK ROAD along all edges, I hated that..

Well, when KMG will stop/quit working let us know? LOL..this will be hecka costly replacement for $20, when it happens.. :oo: :baaa:

BTW!! I dont think, YRF in our life time are going back to K3G like PROG transfers..it is always STEP BACKWARDS in HINDI DVD industry, NEVER forward...in YRF case, with this DVD it is BAD MEDIA!Even a 2 disc will be REPACKAGED with an additional ABYSMAL extra disc.. :nopity:

Just look at EROS recent 2 DISCS, then ofcourse u can say KMG is BETTER..CC/ARMAAN/TERE NAAM are SIMPLY MESS!!

DMH was a bit better? how?? dont know? :hmm:

Edited By arsh on 1064849810

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:45 pm 

arsh wrote:
Well, when KMG will stop/quit working let us know? LOL..this will be hecka costly replacement for $20, when it happens.. :oo: :baaa:

I have yet to have a Yash Raj DVD quit on me unlike DVDs from other indian DVD authors!!!

out!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:59 pm 

arsh wrote:
..it is always STEP BACKWARDS in HINDI DVD industry, NEVER forward...

--- some Indian DVD makers are ready for HD-DVD, whenever it is introduced.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:00 pm 

Quote:
Well, when KMG will stop/quit working let us know? LOL..this will be hecka costly replacement for $20, when it happens..

comments like these i can't understand it's like you people are hoping for things to go bad regarding certain companies yet the compnies that have the actual disc problems seems to get away scot free

i have read the review from mhafner and it seems fair and reasonable and would aptly fit any number of dvd from the various companies picked at random seems you people will carry on with your banshee wailing at every dvd produced so far :nopity: no pleasing you lot :bash:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:16 pm 

Who said??? mhafner REVIEWS are NOT FAIR? ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:22 pm 

arsh wrote:
Who said??? mhafner REVIEWS are NOT FAIR? ???

who said otherwise? ??? think you have a problem understanding other peoples post :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:24 pm 

Clipper wrote:
Quote:
Well, when KMG will stop/quit working let us know? LOL..this will be hecka costly replacement for $20, when it happens..

comments like these i can't understand it's like you people are hoping for things to go bad regarding certain companies yet the compnies that have the actual disc problems seems to get away scot free

Arsh's comment is based on him finding KMG DVD on Silver Media (he mentioned it in one of the posts). So far we have had Premature Disc Rot problems on all Silver Media discs.

Rana

Edited By rana on 1064856337

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:31 pm 

WEll, clipper again, ur LOOSING TRACKS here!!

I admitted!! I did not READ it properly, but FACTS remained..IT IS GHOSTED, HELL OF EE, and NOT GOOD TRANSFER for a NEW FILM, with TONS OF BLEMISHES on the PRINT, esp, in the FIRST HALF...

A BRAND NEW FILM, DOES NOT DESERVE THIS..and USING BAD MEDIA is CRIMINAL>>

U can :baaa: any ways u want, but FACT is YRF are NOT DOING JUSTICE to their DVDS!! :nopity:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:05 pm 

Quote:
U can any ways u want, but FACT is YRF are NOT DOING JUSTICE to their DVDS!!

if they are not then no other compny here is cause all are infected with the same problems so you people stop the bellyaching and just objectively point out the defects so new people like myself to this site and new to the culture can really get a true understanding . :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:50 pm 

Clipper wrote:
so you people stop the bellyaching and just objectively point out the defects so new people like myself to this site and new to the culture can really get a true understanding . :p

This is exactly what we are doing. Pointing out facts. No foul language.

I agree with your comment, "if they are not then no other compny here is cause all are infected with the same problems ". Arsh said the same. Indian DVD quality has been going down hill.

It's not our intention to be content with bad quality DVDs, just because all (or most) Indian DVDs are equally bad.

I can see 3 DVD standards (except for 'disc rot'/ 'cheap media' problem):

1) Hollywood DVDs; Score 5 to 10 out of 10
2) DEI/ BEI, Some YRF DVDs(like K3G, Refugee, DTPH), Some EVP DVDs, Some SD DVDs ; Score 1.5 to 7 out of 10
3) All the rest (90% of presently in circulation); Score 0 to 1.5 out of 10.

Rana

BTW, even as Arsh said, YRF DVDs have always been on Gold media. KMG is the first YRF DVD that is on Silver media and hence we are affraid, it will have playing problems soon, like all Silver media discs.

Edited By rana on 1064861516

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next